Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How much you take in carbs daily..? (MAX. FAT LOSS)

Voters
504. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 60 grams (a ketogenic diet)

    182 36.11%
  • About 100 grams

    96 19.05%
  • 100-150 grams

    96 19.05%
  • 150-200 grams

    95 18.85%
  • AM, this poll sucked!

    35 6.94%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 93

Thread: Carbs and fat loss

  1. #69

    Default

    Good read here guys. Thanks.

    But i think something is missing on this thread. Time of carb intake. Most bodybuilders stop eating carbs before 6.pm some even more such as 3.pm.

    Sample A:
    100gr carbs :10am
    100gr carbs: 1pm
    100gr carbs: 4pm

    Total Carb Intake: 300gr

    Sample B:
    50gr carbs:10 am
    50gr carbs: 1pm
    50gr carbs: 4pm
    50gr carbs: 7pm
    50gr carbs: 10pm
    Total Carb Intake: 300gr

    (Both diet plans made by low gi carbs equally)

    As you can see,
    for sample a, there is no carb consuption after 4pm but 100gr of carb intake spikes blood sugar more than 50 which is divided carb intake value for sample b

    Which sample is better for fat loss? it sounds like carb timing against blood sugar levels

    Thanks for replies

  2. #70
    Behemoth Shark67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVBG View Post
    This poll sucks AM.. You probably do all your "research" via these polls.
    brutal blast from the past.

  3. #71

    Default

    a precontest diet recommended by an ifbb pro (big A)... and i found out on some other board

    Below is a standard formula that I used succesfully on many people. It is designed to make one in competition shape in extreme time. The biggest


    change so far has been one person that went from 21% to 4% bodyfat in the 9 weeks of the preparation.


    DIET - Weeks 9 & 8

    06.00 am training

    08.00 12 egg whites, 1 apple, protein shake

    10.00 100g rice, 1 apple, protein shake

    12.00 red meat, salad (tomato, lettuce, cucumber), protein shake with 10g flax seed oil

    14.00 100g bread, 1 apple, protein shake

    16.00 tuna or chicken or fish, protein shake

    18.00 100g maltodextrin, 1 apple

    18.30 pm training

    20.30 chicken or turkey or fish, salad, protein shake

    21.30 run (20 - 30) minutes


    This diet is to be followed Monday to Saturday. On Sunday, as many carbs as desired are allowed.
    Training is performed Mon to Sat with Sun off. Running is performed every night.

    This diet is the diet for the weeks 9 and 8, competition being at end of week 1. The times on the diet are
    as an example and they should be modified to suit ones needs.
    However, DO NOT miss meals and DO NOT swap them
    around!!!
    The aim here is to only have the amount of carbs
    outlined on the diet. Fat is absolutelly minimal.
    Protein is at maximum. On this diet, you should never
    feel hungry. If you do, eat more protein.

    After 2 weeks of this diet, you will drop the
    maltodextrin carb meal. Two weeks later, you will drop
    the bread carb meal. Two weeks after that, you will
    drop the rice meal. That will leave you 2 weeks on
    virtually no carbs. Don't worry, by then, the body is
    used to using fat for energy, so you won't have any
    problems. The hardest days will be the first week of
    your diet, until you will get used to using fat for
    energy.


    When you drop a carb meal, replace it with a protein
    meal.


    On the weekends, you can have as many carbs as you
    wish, but they have to be CLEAN carbs, so no
    McDonalds!


    whats your take on it...guys

  4. #72
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr intensity View Post
    a precontest diet recommended by an ifbb pro (big A)... and i found out on some other board

    Below is a standard formula that I used succesfully on many people. It is designed to make one in competition shape in extreme time. The biggest


    change so far has been one person that went from 21% to 4% bodyfat in the 9 weeks of the preparation.


    DIET - Weeks 9 & 8

    06.00 am training

    08.00 12 egg whites, 1 apple, protein shake

    10.00 100g rice, 1 apple, protein shake

    12.00 red meat, salad (tomato, lettuce, cucumber), protein shake with 10g flax seed oil

    14.00 100g bread, 1 apple, protein shake

    16.00 tuna or chicken or fish, protein shake

    18.00 100g maltodextrin, 1 apple

    18.30 pm training

    20.30 chicken or turkey or fish, salad, protein shake

    21.30 run (20 - 30) minutes


    This diet is to be followed Monday to Saturday. On Sunday, as many carbs as desired are allowed.
    Training is performed Mon to Sat with Sun off. Running is performed every night.

    This diet is the diet for the weeks 9 and 8, competition being at end of week 1. The times on the diet are
    as an example and they should be modified to suit ones needs.
    However, DO NOT miss meals and DO NOT swap them
    around!!!
    The aim here is to only have the amount of carbs
    outlined on the diet. Fat is absolutelly minimal.
    Protein is at maximum. On this diet, you should never
    feel hungry. If you do, eat more protein.

    After 2 weeks of this diet, you will drop the
    maltodextrin carb meal. Two weeks later, you will drop
    the bread carb meal. Two weeks after that, you will
    drop the rice meal. That will leave you 2 weeks on
    virtually no carbs. Don't worry, by then, the body is
    used to using fat for energy, so you won't have any
    problems. The hardest days will be the first week of
    your diet, until you will get used to using fat for
    energy.

    When you drop a carb meal, replace it with a protein
    meal.

    On the weekends, you can have as many carbs as you
    wish, but they have to be CLEAN carbs, so no
    McDonalds!


    whats your take on it...guys
    Well being that there are 7 weight classes varying 125 plus pounds, this would be whats generally called "cookie cutter".....
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  5. #73
    Bro Scientist Noheawaiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    4,577
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I think it all boils down to how well you respond to carbs. I personally can consume 150-200 g a day when im in season, and i get down to 5-6 % bf pretty easy. But some people respond much better to lower carbs.
    Everyones Different
    Everything I post is for entertainment purposes only, and nothing is to be taken seriously

  6. #74
    Dedicated Noob eire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    18

    Default

    i have learned by trial and error that very low carb diets are not a good idea for me as i shed alot of LBM.. i stay on moderate carbs pretty much year round, even when i bulk i like to get most of my extra calorie's from good fats like PB, olive oil ect..

  7. #75
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    What you have learned is called GLUCONEOGENESIS....Its the pathway to muscle loss. Most think too low protein causes muscle loss but its the lack of carbs that causes the body to tear down muscle to get mainly GLUtamine to send the the liver to make GLUcose....Make sense??? Thats why GLUtamine prior to training is of most importance but afterwards has virtually no use as its used to create glucose under a workload. BCAA's are the repairing aminos that are used follwing your workout...Which is why Whey is preferrred as its 28% BCAA's
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  8. #76
    Dedicated Noob eire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    18

    Default

    i know what Gluconeogenesis is, you didnt need to spell it out in capital letters for me then go on a rant about glutamine.

  9. #77
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    You may know but 99.9% of people I speak to as well as reading this havnt the slightest idea how muscle is lost and how and why glutamine is used...
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  10. #78
    Beach Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    477
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beastie boy View Post
    Question for anyone: I've read in a past issue, to maximize fat loss, do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I definitely agree with that and have had much success, my question is now that I'm starting my free weight training, in order to maximize fat loss should I lift weights first thing in the morning on an empty stomach as well? If not when is the best time to lift. Thanks
    Cardio in the am on an empty stomach, started this way in 2008 and still do this. Also regarding carbs, I eat my small amount of complex carbs in the am, small amt of veggies around 11am. Rest of the day pure protein

  11. #79
    Iron Addict GermaniaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,080
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    100g - 200g seems to be the magic range for me. Any less and I just feel unnecessarily crap. Any more and I hold onto more water than I'd like and possibly shooting over my target calories.


  12. #80

    Default

    Around 100g works best for me. If i go below that my fat loss is even better but i find it hard preserving my muscle @ that low carbs

    so i stick to carbs around 100.

  13. #81
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GermaniaK View Post
    100g - 200g seems to be the magic range for me. Any less and I just feel unnecessarily crap. Any more and I hold onto more water than I'd like and possibly shooting over my target calories.

    Thats only between 400 and 800 calories yet to add a pound of fat you need to excceed usage by over 3000 calories...How the hell do you guys survive?
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  14. #82
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigleemurali View Post
    Around 100g works best for me. If i go below that my fat loss is even better but i find it hard preserving my muscle @ that low carbs

    so i stick to carbs around 100.
    110 carbs=400 calories.....You obviously must be exceeding your protein intake to the extreme if youre forced to starve yourself at 400 calories of an energy producing macro
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  15. #83
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eire View Post
    i know what Gluconeogenesis is, you didnt need to spell it out in capital letters for me then go on a rant about glutamine.
    Curious qiuestion... If you knew what Gluconeogenesis is, then why did it take you trial and error to learn low carbs arent good for you... Just saying...
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  16. #84
    Iron Addict GermaniaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,080
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Thats only between 400 and 800 calories yet to add a pound of fat you need to excceed usage by over 3000 calories...How the hell do you guys survive?
    It's a mental game more than anything. Mind over matter if you want. The end reward though holds greater value to me than short-term satisfaction.


  17. #85
    Dedicated Noob eire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Curious qiuestion... If you knew what Gluconeogenesis is, then why did it take you trial and error to learn low carbs arent good for you... Just saying...
    on my first cut years ago, i didnt know what it was, and i pretty much went keto and lost the most of my gains - being a newb i didnt understand why. for my next cut i kept the carbs higher and this eliminated the problem.. i have learned much about nutrition and what works for me in the years since my first cut.

    i know i came across a little defensive in my first reply, but i felt like i was being talked down to...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •