Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Scammers and Spammers :.

Default Scammers and Spammers :.

Listen up - we have reason to believe we have a scammer/spammer amongst us. If you get a PM from someone offering to sell you some gear (overseas or domestic) please forward the PM to a Mod for investigation. Do not give them your money or mailing address... forward PM's to myself, Marcus300 or heavyiron - any blinded attempts to provide you a source. We can try and verify known Internet scammers and boot them from this community...

MD is not a place for obtaining Rx meds without a prescription - there are plenty of other avenues to get your gear if you want it.

Muscular Development Forum Rules
    The following rules govern participation as a member of the MD forums.

Spam is unsolicited attempts to lure members off this forum to siphon our traffic for personal gain and profit. Posts should not discourage efforts by MD Staff (The Adman) to sell advertising plans in these forums. Likewise, posts should not show paid advertisers that people can promote for free; thereby decreasing the value of MD's marketing to potential online paid advertisers.

Spam is not providing proper attribution for works cited or leaving a "copy left" for the owner of original content. People can link back to various Web sites, but their post should be in context with a discussion meant for these forums.
    Last edited by Warrior; December 6th, 2008 at 05:46 AM.

One member has been banned. Please keep forwarding e-mails offering you a source so we can root out the scammers/spammers through repeated corespondence to several different members. Help us protect our forums from potential or known scammers lurking in the PM system.

*** Remember, online bodybuilding discussions are a prime target for people to scam you. They don't always get you the first time... but sometimes build your trust and funds.

Forward PM's to myself or Marcus300 for investigation. We will try and let you know the outcome from your tip.

Iron Addict

Warrior I got some Cell Tech Hardcore with a little extra kick if you know what i mean
    $50 a mg it's yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by svtmuscle View Post
    Warrior I got some Cell Tech Hardcore with a little extra kick if you know what i mean
    $50 a mg it's yours!!!
    Sure, but I'll trade you for some of this Sustanon Hardcore - a little this-for-that, ya dig?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dr Pangloss

Was this the dude from Sasketchewan that put up the "pm me" thread on how to gain muscle? Big mike and I were having a laugh at him. But seriously, that shouldn't be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pangloss View Post
    Was this the dude from Sasketchewan that put up the "pm me" thread on how to gain muscle? Big mike and I were having a laugh at him. But seriously, that shouldn't be tolerated.
    I always show someone the hammer before I hit them with it. I PMed the guy you are referring to a one-time warning, after deleting that thread. He's on my radar...

Our Turkish drugstore cowboy was banned (after a warning): quickworker

But I know there is another one out there lurking... and the best way to nail them is for people to come clean about unsolicited source offerings via PM.

Iron Addict

marcus already hooked me up with some sust hardcore. im looking for some synthol hardcore. DA said it works magic!! =)

hmm.....i thought i had caught a fishy thread last night that was started by either a spammer....cop....or preschooler.
    -TNT

Lieutenant

Good lookin out.

Another possible scammer in the midst - please forward any unsolicited PMs offering to sell AAS.

I'm kinda a noob. But I do have some reasonable questions regarding numbers 8 and 9 of the rules:

8. Having participated in numerous online forums its obvious that Moderators are only human and can sometimes have personal biases against members for whatever reason. Personally I fell a lot of the time this is just merely because a member has a different point of view on a topic than a moderator, and the Mod will go to extra lengths to find the member breaking the rule. My question is do members have any way of appealing their ban to the Admin if the worst happens?

9. By disrespect do you mean mindless insults such as "MD sucks" type stuff? Because I think reasonable criticisms can be made as long as they are not insulting and ultimately constructive. For exmaple saying: "I've always loved x and y about MD, but recently I don't agree with what they've done regarding z. Here's why and here's what I think they should do instead."

Thanks for clarifying.