Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In the Trenches with Arnold Amateur Antoine Vaillant -- and a bag of tricks.

for some reason the vid cuts out for me around the 11 minute mark...

best wishes from montreal antoine

Good luck man
    "The hardier you work the luckier you get."

he was training shoulders and traps so of course they are gona look more pumped
    Quote Originally Posted by BDEGRD View Post
    I will be honest since I am guessing you want consructive critisism. Good Shoulders,Traps, and back double bi shot, good flipping, but the rest needs more time.

this is just to answer shawn rays question about when he asked antoine about him competing in the national level for the first time :

assuming i knew exactly what antoine was trying to say shawn, he basically meant that whats the point in entering a contest when already you feel theres not a chance of winning...

If you enter anything thats because you must feel you have a solid shot at winning..and certain things fall your way.

Im sure shawn back in your competitve days you must have felt you always had a legit shot at winning the mr. olympia if things went your way and certain people screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by roy1979 View Post
    he was training shoulders and traps so of course they are gona look more pumped
    dude , his legs are kick ass, dont tell me his calves quads and hams dont look good cause theres still a loong time for much more conditioning to be involved

Fantastic. Antoine needs no luck, its just a matter of time until hes up there with the best. Awesome bodybuilder

He is very impressive for sure for a young guy.

Best of luck to you Ant! Universal Family is behind ya 100%!!!
    2015 IFBB 212 Vancouver Champion/2015 Olympian

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    Thanks for watching and thank you also for the words of encouragement!!! busting my ass here!!
    We are Just telling The Truth! You look like a classic bodybuilder from back in the Golden era!

"If you enter anything thats because you must feel you have a solid shot at winning..and certain things fall your way."
    Sure we all want to Win that's the end goal but on the way up we use contests to gauge where we are, what we need to improve, learn to pose, work on skin color, try new posing suit colors,experiement with our Carbs, Sodium, Training Styles, Etc.
    While winning maybe be the Ultimate driving force as we work our way up the ranks, competing for most is about getting our name out there, acquiring Photo Shoot possiblities, potential Sponsors, etc.

"Im sure shawn back in your competitve days you must have felt you always had a legit shot at winning the mr. olympia if things went your way and certain people screwed up."
    Of course I did but that was a Process of Maturity both Physically and Psychologically then later Economically.
    Remember, competing against the BEst in the World has many Land Mines. I not only was competing to Win but also honored Contractual Obligations, Pay Bills, Set up World Appearance Tours, Prepare for Photo Shoots, Make Videos and more........ It was a Business as much as it was my Dream to actually Win the Mr. Olympia but at that level we are competing knowing the Odds are against us Winning that Contest more than they are Favoring us to win it, so this is where and why I say "The Business of Bodybuilding." You have to understand the difference and not let Losing direct your Life's Path in this sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    Thanks for the opportunity MD!

Hope you guys like the video
    Best of luck Antoine you look great and I am sure you will turn heads and do some damage. I will see you in Ohio , keep it up!!!!

Eric Di Lauro

Thanks Shawn! Thanks Eric and everybody!

For those saying I have no chance, come to columbus and see by yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    "If you enter anything thats because you must feel you have a solid shot at winning..and certain things fall your way."
    Sure we all want to Win that's the end goal but on the way up we use contests to gauge where we are, what we need to improve, learn to pose, work on skin color, try new posing suit colors,experiement with our Carbs, Sodium, Training Styles, Etc.
    Whil ewinning maybe be the Ultimate driving force as we work our way up the ranks, competing for most is about getting our name out there, acquiring Photo Shoot possiblities, potential Sponsors, etc.

"Im sure shawn back in your competitve days you must have felt you always had a legit shot at winning the mr. olympia if things went your way and certain people screwed up."
    Of course I did but that was a Process of Maturity both Physically and Psychologically then later Economically.
    Remember, competing against the BEst in the World has many Land Mines. I not only was competing to Win but also honor Contractual Obligations, Pay Bills, Set up World Appearance Tours, Prepare for Photo Shoots, Make Videos and more........ It was a Business as much as it was my Dream to actually Win the Mr. Olympia but at that level we are competing knowing the Odds are against us Winning th Contest more than they are Favoring us to win it so this is where and why I say "The Business of Bodybuilding." You have to understand the difference and not let Losing direct your Life's Path in this sport.

absolutely =)..maybe i sounded a bit too headstrong on that statement..and theres alot more things then winning that actually for most part like you said are what can give you opportunities like going around the world , being able to pay bills etcc.

maturity is a big part in this sport as you stated..thanks for the reply shawn=D

Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post
    One of the few bodybuilders that actually looks like a bodybuilder. Antoine you've got an awesome physique and I wish you all the best!
    x2

Antoine's really strong too as you can see in a bunch of his youtube videos. All those clips get my fired up to go lift. It's nice seeing bodybuilders do military presses, bench presses, squats, deadlifts, etc. It seems like a lot of bodybuilders out there prefer to sit down on a machine or get under the bar in the smith. keep killing it Antoine!

and it shows!! good luck at the arnold!!!

Dedicated Noob

Best of luck at the Arnold! At only 23 yrs. old you are well on you way to becoming a pro.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast