Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Arnold Amateur Profiles - Paula Williams-Gulman

Default Arnold Amateur Profiles - Paula Williams-Gulman

If you ask Paula Williams-Gulman to describe herself, she'll say she "is a loving wife and mother of two darling girls, PTA member, soccer mom, small business owner, and dog lover."

She is also one of the top national-level fitness competitors in the NPC ,as well as an NPC judge. She placed third at both the 2008 Jr. Nationals and at the 2009 Jr. USA's.

Paula has been a Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer for fifteen years, having chosen this career path because, "I wanted to inspire women to have it all and enjoy life to the fullest."

Along the way, she had teachers who fostered her passion for fitness and will tell you, "I am living the true American woman's dream - to have it all and share it freely."

AZ: The Arnold Amateur is a big show! How excited are you about being selected to compete at one of the best amateur shows in the business?

PW-G: WOW!

Competing at the Arnold is so huge!

I am so excited to be on that stage after all these years of watching the most talented fitness athletes in the world compete at the Arnold.

It makes all these hard working years worth it just to say I competed at the Arnold!

AZ: Youíve come really close to your pro card a time or two. How focused are you on getting that card? Is it your priority number one?

PW-G: No, my number one priority is to have fun!

Fitness girls always have a blast backstage.

In fact, people always wonder why we are so relaxed and laughing. Fitness girls really bond at the shows and have a great time hanging out and seeing everyone.

Would I like to win my IFBB Pro Status? Absolutely! It would be a dream come true, but it's not my number one priority.

AZ: I know youíre working with Todd Jewell. Why do you choose to work with someone? What does it do for you over going it alone?

PW-G: Todd Jewell is my best friend and fitness manager.

He has done a great job of helping me really breakout into the fitness industry. I have had more guest appearances this past year after bringing him on board than doing it on my own.

I am pretty outgoing, but it can be tough to network yourself. Todd has helped me quite a bit with that.

After The North American Championships last September, I signed on with Tim Gardner, owner of Body*Tech. I have known Tim from Nationals over the past four years and really found him to be an amazing guy.

He was my friend Marcus Haley's trainer when Marcus turned Pro. I had the honor of having dinner with the two of them in Ď08, and I realized at that moment, I really could learn a lot from Tim.

Over the years, I would E-mail him questions, and he always gave me great answers. I knew Tim could dial my physique in, just how the National judges wanted to see me on stage.

The look we are shooting for is a slightly softer, yet still tight, fitness physique.

Over the past six months, working under Tim Gardner, I now see what they wanted from me. Tim really knows how to get me dialed in perfectly. He takes all the thinking out for me by designing my nutrition and training program, tailored to my goals.

I canít wait to reveal my new, improved look on the Arnold stage, thanks to his program, and, fingers crossed, win my IFBB Status under his guidance

AZ: You also do some personal training. How did fitness become such a big part of your life?

PW-G: I started back in 1993, just doing Aerobic classes.

I saw Carol Semple on TV and fell in love with the sport. The very next day, I hired Ray Douglas, who is now an NPC Light Weight National Level competitor!

He fostered the tools in me and molded me into a trainer.

I went back to school where I studied physical education and became a National Certified Trainer.

I love being a Fitness Trainer!

I work with all levels and ages of people.

My favortie client is 82 years old! He really gets a kick out of me competing. He loves to show his friends his trainerís photos!

AZ: Are you firmly grounded in fitness, or will we be seeing you try figure or WPD at some point? Also, why fitness?

PW-G: Yes! I love fitness!

I enjoy the routines so much. Upon receiving my IFBB Pro Status, I plan to compete at the first opportunity I get!

Paula would like to travel all over America, promoting health and fitness, while talking with people about balancing family, fun, health, career and spirit.

She would like to others find their own paths.

She is looking to represent a reputable company that will back her with exposure in the fitness industry, allowing her the opportunity to continue inspiring and teaching others.

She can be contacted at the following:

Facebook:

NPC Fitness Competitor Firecracker Paula Williams- Gulman

Northwest NPC Fan Page (Paula runs.)

Personal Websites:

www.paulaspersonaltraining.com

www.ToddJewell.com

Paula's dedication to the sport is amazing! Yet she still finds the time to be an amazing mother to her two beautiful girls, a wonderful wife, and a great friend to many including me. I am honored to know her and be able to call her my best friend. I really hope it is her time at the Arnold this year. She has worked extremely hard in her pursuit of the so far elusive pro card. She was very close a couple of times last year. She will be bringing her best package to date this time and I wish her good luck!
    www.facebook.com/Todd.theCrown.Jewell www.twitter.com/toddjewell

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jewell View Post
    Paula's dedication to the sport is amazing! Yet she still finds the time to be an amazing mother to her two beautiful girls, a wonderful wife, and a great friend to many including me. I am honored to know her and be able to call her my best friend. I really hope it is her time at the Arnold this year. She has worked extremely hard in her pursuit of the so far elusive pro card. She was very close a couple of times last year. She will be bringing her best package to date this time and I wish her good luck!
    thank you Todd~