Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bodybuilder vs. Male Fitness Model... Ladies Feel Free To Chime In

Default Bodybuilder vs. Male Fitness Model... Ladies Feel Free To Chime In

I recently posed a question to several female friends and asked which body type do they prefer and astoundingly ever single one of them preferred the toned guys over the over-muscular guys , the promoters have figured this out and so the male fitness category was invented, they're looking at the bottom line which is the all mighty dollar which comes from attendance , competitors, advertisement and merchandising... When it comes to a healthy look and being in shape the general public finds being lean far more appealing than say a mass monster at 280 lbs. standing on stage sucking air while wearing a thong... True bodybuilding hopefully isn't becoming a dying breed and it will be a sad day when the ifbb is no longer the headliner and is the undercard to men in board shorts at fitness shows.

Quote Originally Posted by black23 View Post
    I recently posed a question to several female friends and asked which body type do they prefer and astoundingly ever single one of them preferred the toned guys over the over-muscular guys , the promoters have figured this out and so the male fitness category was invented, they're looking at the bottom line which is the all mighty dollar which comes from attendance , competitors, advertisement and merchandising... When it comes to a healthy look and being in shape the general public finds being lean far more appealing than say a mass monster at 280 lbs. standing on stage sucking air while wearing a thong... True bodybuilding hopefully isn't becoming a dying breed and it will be a sad day when the ifbb is no longer the headliner and is the undercard to men in board shorts at fitness shows.
    how was this a shock??? it has been this way for years and years and will always be this way...this is nothing new AT ALL
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Ask the average guy which they prefer to look at: Bikini or figure. I'm sure most we say bikini girls.
    Less muscle appeals to most people.

Only problem with Male Physique division is that it is not necessary to build the legs. Other than that, they looks like '70 bodybuilder. Realistic and attainable. Better than the drugged up baloon.

70s bodybuilders still had a great deal of mass and I'm sure they would be too bulky for what they are looking for in this division. All this division wants is Abercrombie models and that's it.

body types like rockel, dexter jackson are appealing to the female attendence.

It's pretty simple really...a lot of women look at bodybuilders and if they're not just someone who really loves it and respects it for the discipline and dedication it takes, their mind wanders to other things...steroids, and the prevailing "medical opinions" on them...we must be moody, uncontrollable assholes who can't restrain ourselves...narcissism...they think that if we put this much time into ourselves, how can we have time to give them?....arrogance...which probably has some basis with a lot of guys..

Fact is, we're the oddities! As has been pointed out, this is nothing new. I'd bet my next paycheck that out of an average crowd of 100 ladies at least 95 of them would call the physique guys more appealing.

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

I prefer looking at YOU....and men that are chubby (not obese ) but chubby, their soooo cute ! !
    BUT then I'm not your average gal....Just kidding all men are great, but I do like looking at you.
    Send me some pics hot stuff, mamas waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Rjackd1 View Post
    It's pretty simple really...a lot of women look at bodybuilders and if they're not just someone who really loves it and respects it for the discipline and dedication it takes, their mind wanders to other things...steroids, and the prevailing "medical opinions" on them...we must be moody, uncontrollable assholes who can't restrain ourselves...narcissism...they think that if we put this much time into ourselves, how can we have time to give
    them?....arrogance...which probably has some basis with a lot of guys..

Fact is, we're the oddities! As has been pointed out, this is nothing new. I'd bet my next paycheck that out of an average crowd of 100 ladies at least 95 of them would call the physique guys more appealing.

I'm a big fan of the old school physiques, Arnold, Ferrigno, Franco, etc, tiny waist, wide shoulders, huge arms and chest, and classic posing. At the same time, there are things I like about new school bodybuilding, the mass monsters, etc. At the end of the day, we train for ourselves, not for the opposite sex. A guy may have a great physique, but if he is fugly in the face, he may not attract anyone, and vice versa
    Plus bi also means i have more choices than you, thats all._DKalban

Iron Addict bad bad leroy brown's Avatar

Does it really matter? Most women that get asked stuff don't know what they want anyway, so it's almost a useless opinion.

And I hate the word toned. I think the shit should be abolished with the words swag and all variations of "hater"
    twitter: @badbadleroyb, www.leroysmayhem.blogspot.com

^wtf?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    I prefer looking at YOU....and men that are chubby (not obese ) but chubby, their soooo cute ! !
    BUT then I'm not your average gal....Just kidding all men are great, but I do like looking at you.
    Send me some pics hot stuff, mamas waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
    I'm a big fan of the old school physiques, Arnold, Ferrigno, Franco, etc, tiny waist, wide shoulders, huge arms and chest, and classic posing. At the same time, there are things I like about new school bodybuilding, the mass monsters, etc. At the end of the day, we train for ourselves, not for the opposite sex. A guy may have a great physique, but if he is fugly in the face, he may not attract anyone, and vice versa
    ^^ So only two women have chimed in thus far. LOL - Kidding. ^^

OK, so this why its funny to me male BBers say they train and compete to get women.

Yeah right, just a lame excuse to mask their real intensions, which is so laughable to most folks.

Being on stage exposing themselves to get any ounce of attention while showing off their feminine side.

So all this talk about many women liking mass freaks has always been bullshit, and false sense of security for delusional meatheads.

-Boss

Drexel Long - NGA, FAME and IFPA Pro MsGuns's Avatar

I prefer natural Bodybuilders and fitness models.
    JOIN my health transformation challenge
    www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

^There you go, natural bodybuilders, that's why I'm natural and I'll always be natural, there's nothing more repulsive then varicose veins in the arms, there's nothing natural about it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    I think you are referring to the male fitness models there, which I believe is why gay men are a leading subscription demographic for Men's Fitness mag and the like, not heterosexual men or women.
    No I meant juiced up bodybuilders squeezing into their tiny bikini cut speedos.

-Boss

who gives a shit
    instagram: lightsout50

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lightsoutlekina View Post
    who gives a shit
    People with reasonable intelligence.

-Boss

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast