Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In the Trenches with JCC Champ Dobri Delev Training Chest 3 Weeks Out from Arnold Amateur

Wow hard to believe how you guys survive.. i am actually very impressed! Takes a strong will to overcome so many hurdles to be a champion!

Wow. Nice, I didn't know there are so many BBs from Bulgaria on MDs forum.
    Well to practice bodybuilding on this side of Europe is really a sacrifice. But what wouldn't you do if you have a strong passion for something.

I'm from Bulgaria and 300 euros per month is considered a good salary for here.Most of the tourists and foreigners can't understand how it's possible to survive with income like that. Let me explain how a bodybuilder could train and improve with that kind of money : 200 euros for food(you can find chicken breast for 3 euro per kg,rice and potatoes are very cheap also) and 100 euros for "supplements" and that's it(most people here live in family houses and don't pay rent) , nothing else , that's why it's a great sacrifice to be a bodybuilder here , no personal life , no vacations and clubbing. Some of the bodybuilders here are lucky enough to find a local company or local business man in food business to support their food and get less taxes but that's it , no big time sponsorships , money or whatever.
    Who doesn't believe that , just google it and find out more about Bulgaria and the average salary here.
    And we have 2 IFBB WORLD CHAMPIONS Dimitar Dimitrov (over 100kg) and Hristomir Hristov( to 75kg) they received their pro cards and they can't find sponsors to compete in the Professional League.
    I wish Dobri good luck and i believe he will be Pro soon and accomplish his goals and dreams !!!

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    are you kidding me??? the average monthly income is 300 euros or less? what kind of jobs are we talking about here exactly???
    The average per capita Gross Domestic Product (outside of taxes) as of 2009 is $6,423. Some make more, some make less.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3236.htm

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    are you kidding me??? the average monthly income is 300 euros or less? what kind of jobs are we talking about here exactly???
    My cousin is an English teacher in a High School there and after a degree of 4 years in the 2nd biggest University her salary is 400 Euro's a month. Freaking travesty. I have another cousin who works for Hewlett Packard and his salary is close to 1000 euro per month, it just depends guys.

I wish Dobri all the luck and success at the Arnold Classic! Great story and it's awesome to see a Bulgarian bodybuilder have some success on the amateur level here in the US.

Great physique.

Darn, I meant to say dollars not euros in my previous post.

LOL at the camera swinging at 5:35. Got dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
    LOL at the camera swinging at 5:35. Got dizzy
    lol this .. maybe use the 'zoom out' feature next time? haha .. first show I ever went to was the Jay Cutler where he won the overall and he definitely stood out deservedly so. Good luck to him.

Default Good size..

Dobri good luck at the Arnold buddy......From what i am reading on this site you are already a big threat....

this dude is awesome. he for sure has a shot. i can only imagine what he could do with a sponsor, hope this one does not slip through the cracks.

Default Dobri's answer

Hi,everybody here.I am Dobri and I am very,very happy that I have support in USA from people which are not Bugarian. I don't believe that I will win because I don't have the right circumstances and I know that everything is not just training in the gym and If want to win I need to have more than that.But I will do my best and this that u support me gives me a motivation to not give up... I just want to thank to everybody and I want to apologize about my bad English...

Quote Originally Posted by RacelookBG View Post
    To prepare for competition in Bulgaria is more difficult - the supplemets are twice expensive, the gyms are not so good equipped, but Dobri did it!
    He is pride for us to wach Dobri on Arnold Classic. If the Bulgarians have more money for preparation, they will win more of the competitions worldwide!
    I wish you success Dobri!

Добри, пожелавам ти успех! Смачкай ги всички тези надути американчета и им покажи кой сега е номер 1!!!!
    What do you mean by "inflated americans" and what shall he show them?

hope he reaches his goals!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123