Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TEAM MD at the ASC: Roelly Winklaar Videos, Updates and Comments

Exclamation TEAM MD at the ASC: Roelly Winklaar Videos, Updates and Comments

Roelly Winklaar trains legs a few weeks out from the Arnold Classic while Sibil Peeters, aka "The Trainer from Hell," talks to MD's Euro Muscle Scene columnist Giles Thomas. In this video, Peeters tells how Winklaar's workouts differ from off season to pre contest. She also talks about how things went haywire at the 2010 Mr Olympia because she was not allowed backstage with Winklaar. She also gives her opinion about the placings at the Mr. Olympia.

Roelly Winklaar, who took seventh place in the 2010 Arnold Classic, preps for the comp with a back workout on February 16th. In this video, MD's Euro Muscle Scene columnist Giles Thomas chats with Winklaar's coach, "The Trainer from Hell" SIbil Peeters. Peeters talks about what it is like to work with "The Dutch Beast", how he is practicing posing, and how he got that nasty looking scar on his belly.

and check this out:

Two weeks out from the 2011 Arnold Classic, MD's Euroscene columnist Giles Thomas caught up with Roelly Winklaar as he was prepping for the 2011 Arnold Classic. In this video, Thomas asks Winklaar about the ups and downs of for the "Dutch Beast's" 2010 season. Winklaar's four contests last year started with the Arnold Classic where he placed seventh. A week later he took third in the Australian Pro and qualified for the Mr. Olympia competition. Two months later, after some pushing from his trainer, Sibil Peeters, he jumped into the New York Pro where he scored his first pro victory. His season was capped off with a disappointing place at the Mr. Olympia. Roelly explains how he felt throughout the season.

I like Roelly! He is a cool guy.
    He is bigger and better now, just up to his conditioning for the arnold.
    One thing seldom mentioned about Roelly is that he is very symetrical. Quite impressive

props to my man Giles... i like it when he actually told roelly that he came in a bit flat in his opinion lol
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Roelly's a great guy. That part about his dad was deep, well to me anyway.

I don't think he will even crack top 6 at the ASC.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOf1 View Post
    you could actually understand what he was saying?
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    props to my man Giles... i like it when he actually told roelly that he came in a bit flat in his opinion lol
    Cheers mate, got to be honest 'bout stuff!!! My first ever time interviewing on camera, loved it!

More videos from that trip coming, got some seriously cool footage...
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOf1 View Post
    Yeah, didn't expect that one, threw in the 'to the judges' wisecrack and he came back at me with that, felt really bad...Doh.

Check out Roelly's tri's at 7.40...

Jesus...

Giles you are a great interviewer! MD should have you doing more jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    Giles you are a great interviewer! MD should have you doing more jobs.
    Cheers, that trip to Holland was my first video assignment for MD's Euro-Muscle Scene. That was the first interview I did (of five whilst I was there) and by far the worst. You can see I had some questions written down on a piece of paper in my hand but by the 3rd day I didn't need them, although they were handy for when occasionally my mind went completely blank...

I also did the filming too, to come is Roelly training legs (with his training partners Marshel and Greggo), Roelly doing back and also an interview with Marshel Herman (Arnold amateur competitor), a separate interview with Sibil (which was very cool) and training footage and interview with Floortje Van Putten the natural girl who's doing the lightweight Arnold amateur physique class this week...

I also did a great interview with Classic class Arnold competitor Greggo but it didn't record!!! Still, I'll be seeing him in Columbus and also London for the British Grand Prix Amateur Euro-Olympia when he competes so can do it again. All simple rookie mistakes though, they need to be made sometimes so you can learn and improve...

LOTS more Euro-Muscle Scene videos coming very soon though, especially the week before the British Grand Prix where I'm hoping to have a different video every day in that final week...
    Last edited by Giles; February 28th, 2011 at 08:16 AM.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Check out Roelly's tri's at 7.40...

Jesus...
    Great Interview Giles! Sibil is right about keeping the diet strict,Roelly HAS PLENTY OF SIZE SO CONDITION IS KING! Keep up the good Work!

Boo hoo, no-one's commented on my sexy MD shirt yet...I got one made for Sibil too if you look in the footage...

I had four white shirts emblazoned for my camera interviews and MD assignments, looks more professional, also got some MD polo shirts made for my cameraman Amjad Khan when he films me interviewing at the British Grand Prix in two weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Great Interview Giles! Sibil is right about keeping the diet strict,Roelly HAS PLENTY OF SIZE SO CONDITION IS KING! Keep up the good Work!
    Cheers Mayor! Like I said, I was the least happy with that one as it was my first, but, as they went on I got the hang of it more...Still, I've been interviewing bodybuilders for 17 years for the mags, just not on camera ever before and I talk to bodybuilders every day so it wasn't too huge a challenge really once I got over the first one...

Re- Sibil and Roelly - They clash all the time cos Roelly likes his food when he's not prepping and she goes nuts when he eats anything not nailed down after a show. She likes to keep her athletes in good shape when they're not dieting for a contest...

Great job, Giles!

Default Roelly has what it takes!

Roelly has the mass, symmetry,and charisma. If he nails his conditioning there is no reason he shouldn't grab a top three spot and even a possible upset at the Arnold. My favorite pro, I wish him continued success.

Gotta love Roelly, the guy's humble and quiet but walks with a massive, cross-striated stick

Not going to crack the top 3, unless he's got the goods to topple Evan, Vic and/or Dexter, but I really hope he does. Definitely top 5 material though; can't wait to see him compared to Rockel.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast