Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Q&A with Hate and Joker!!!!

See that nice house down the street? Not there..

Default Q&A with Hate and Joker!!!!

Alright guys I get alot of PM's and questions thrown at me to design splits, how to burn fat, build mass, up numbers in the weight room, how to work around injuries, just general training advice..and I'm sure my partner Joker does aswell. And we enjoy helping you guys out anyway we can, cause hell we are all a part of MD on this board and that is pretty rad IMO!!

So in this thread feel free to ask any questions you have about anything pertaining to BBing, powerlifting, fat loss, or LBM gaining and we will get you sorted out the best we can. We get alot of questions in different threads and this will help us keep them together so we can get you guys the info YOU NEED in a timely manner!!

I don't mind designing splits or anything else for you guys just give me some info (stats) and I will write you something up.
    I am a working personal trainer through the American Counsil On Exercise, I am currently going to school for nutrition, and I am about to test out through ISSA as well.
    I have been doing this for a long time, have suffered some pretty bad injuries over the years and always bounced back, I've been somewhat lucky but I know how to train around them too.

With that said fire away!!!
    www.IronMagLabs.com

15% off on all IronMagLabs products at the IronMagLabs store= H4TW15

what's your opinion of ISSA? im thinking of getting a cert or 2 from there.
    I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

It's not a bad one as far as the curriculim but it is not colege accredited, that was what got me to do the A.C.E first. However it's the toughest one from what I hear and I can deffinatlly vogue for it being tough! Lots of BS you'll never use like anything else I guess but they get a little carried away with the anatomy IMO.

Lots of shit in there I have never used, probably a good 80% but you want to get the certs to secure a better job or be able to work for yourself (which is what I have always done with it), plus it obviouslly looks good to anyone you are training. Lots of the screening techniques were really good from ACE but like I said it's pretty tough and the test is a bitch.
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Sorry to rant brother.

Overal I would say ISSA is a solid cert, lots of people out there have it, and again the only bad thing about it is it's not accredited. Other than that it's probably in the top 3 certificates in the country. Now if you are doing this to go into the industry the more different certs you have the better. ;.)
    www.IronMagLabs.com

hey ladies!!!
    your only as strong as your mind, so consider yourself weak.
    Yep...cats before cunts like my grandma always used to say. - BBOY

Well hello lover....
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Spotter

Hey man , I just got your PM , no need to work around the back, although bb rows are just some extra stress. I usually do hammer rows so i can squeeze, but its whatever you think is best! ,my body is at about 93% so im good to go. yea if you wouldnt mind, send me that routine with what you would think would work best for me.

so far we had the 4 days a week first 2 days were heavy and the last two days were more reps. i just want to keep upping my strength as well as put on more mass and size, cus ill be killing the weights and the meals hard from here out since ill have my own place in a couple of months, groceries, breakfast, and meals will be alot easier to manage.

Thanks again for all the help and posts and ill be keepin an eye out for the routine!!

GridIron

My left shoulder doesn't sit in the socket correctly. I feel it in particular on chest and shoulder movements (no duh, right?). What are some good rotator cuff exercises that could help stabilize the joint over time?
    I min/max my physique

Quote Originally Posted by El_Spiko View Post
    My left shoulder doesn't sit in the socket correctly. I feel it in particular on chest and shoulder movements (no duh, right?). What are some good rotator cuff exercises that could help stabilize the joint over time?
    I feel ya brother. I tore my rotator cuff when I was 20...It takes time, don't push it, be extra carefull on bench, flies, and db press for pecs and reeeaaaall carefull doing any overhead press, upright rows, and lateral raises..pretty much all the good ones. Warm up real well and do these exercises (you can do them every other day) and it'll tighten back up in a few weeks ;')

Isometric Internal Rotation
    Stand near the end of outer corner of wall.
    Bend elbow to 90-degree angle and keep elbow close to body, lower arm level with floor.
    Press palm of hand into wall for 10 seconds. Repeat exercise on other side.
    Internal Rotation using Dumbbells
    Lie on side.
    Hold dumbbell on same side, Bend elbow to 90-degree angle. Keep elbow against body.
    Slowly lift dumbbell upward and toward body.
    Pause, and return to start.
    Repeat 10 times. Repeat exercise on other side.
    Internal Rotation using Resistance Band
    Attach resistance band to doorknob / wall.
    Stand with right side to wall.
    Hold resistance band with right hand.
    Bend elbow to 90-degree angle, hand facing frontward and elbow close to body.
    Slowly rotate hand toward the middle of the body.
    Return to starting position.
    Repeat 10 times. Repeat exercise on other side
    Isometric External Rotation
    Stand with side to wall.
    Bend elbow to 90-degree angle. Keep elbow close to body.
    Press back of hand into wall for 10 seconds. Repeat exercise on other side
    External Rotation using Dumbbells
    Lie on left side.
    With right arm, hold dumbbell next to body, elbow bent 90-degrees.
    Slowly lift upward until back of hand faces backward.
    Repeat 10 times. Repeat exercise on other side
    External Rotation using Resistance Band
    Attach resistance band to doorknob / wall.
    Stand with left side to wall.
    Hold resistance band with right hand.
    Start with right hand in middle of body, elbow bent 90-degrees.
    Slowly stretch band by moving arm outward until back of hand facing backward.
    Do one set (10 repetitions) Repeat exercise on other side.
    Lateral Raise using Dumbbell
    Stand or sit in chair.
    Keep shoulders down and back.
    With arms at side and thumbs pointed upward, slowly raise arms to the sides but slightly toward the front (at about a 30 degree angle to the front of the body) until almost shoulder level. Repeat 10 times.

Lying Lateral Raise using Dumbbell
    Lie on left side. Hold dumbbell in right hand, placed in front of thigh. Keep elbow slightly bent. Raise dumbbell slowly off floor until arm is at 45-degree angle.
    Repeat 10 times. Repeat exercise on other side.
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Another thing I did and still do sometimes Spiko is to use less weight for shoulders and do giant sets. They are one muscle that seems to respond pretty well to really high reps and intensety.

I know you already know that though, just throwin it out there.

I like to do 3 or 4 run throughs of this with a target 10-15 reps for each movement:

Smith press
    Lateral raises
    Revers flies (us the machine)
    Front raises to failure with an unloaded olympic bar. (I do these a bit differant bringing the bar up straight over head and lowering it slowlly back to me pelvis) It's bring the traps into play and I usually do this before I go onto traps.

Keep in mind that more and more studies are coming out showing the rep range of 24-30+ reps a set to be as good if not better at building LBM.

I have done it before for everything and didn't really like it but for an injury I beleive it's a good practice because you can handle such a lighter weight.
    That giant set^ is 40-50+ reps anyways so..
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by GridIron400 View Post
    Hey man , I just got your PM , no need to work around the back, although bb rows are just some extra stress. I usually do hammer rows so i can squeeze, but its whatever you think is best! ,my body is at about 93% so im good to go. yea if you wouldnt mind, send me that routine with what you would think would work best for me.

so far we had the 4 days a week first 2 days were heavy and the last two days were more reps. i just want to keep upping my strength as well as put on more mass and size, cus ill be killing the weights and the meals hard from here out since ill have my own place in a couple of months, groceries, breakfast, and meals will be alot easier to manage.

Thanks again for all the help and posts and ill be keepin an eye out for the routine!!

GridIron
    You bet, I'm kinda busy today and I'm in between watching the Arnold and here but I will most deffinatly get that off to you asap. ;')

And I know what you mean with the house thing man. I have had roomates for the last pretty much year and I fucking hate it. I should be getting back into my own house here sometime this coming week and I am reeeaaallllyyy looking forward to that!!
    www.IronMagLabs.com

MORE STRENGTH EVENTUALLY MEANS MORE SIZE....NO CALS AND MACROS=NO CALS FOR STRENGTH
    PEOPLE CLIMB IN WEIGHT CLASSES OVER THE YEARS....THEY DONT JUST SIT STILL AND HOPE TO GET BETTER

TO JIM
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

What are you suggestions for bringing up strength on the bench press?
    You know I'm small (I will be in the 130-146 class for PL'ing), about a month ago I got 225 x 10 and my 1RM is 285. Right now I seem to be sliding backwards, last night did 225 x 5.
    I've just started hitting bench twice a week. Any other ideas with regards to training? Thanks in advance, JIM.

Banned

Squats vs. Calf Raises....

Which is better for increasing one's jumping ability even more?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BOSS !! View Post

LEAPING ABILITY IS NATURAL DUDE.....NEED HIGH CALF INSERTIONS.....HIGH BOX JUMPS OH AND SPRINTS
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimsty View Post
    What are you suggestions for bringing up strength on the bench press?
    You know I'm small (I will be in the 130-146 class for PL'ing), about a month ago I got 225 x 10 and my 1RM is 285. Right now I seem to be sliding backwards, last night did 225 x 5.
    I've just started hitting bench twice a week. Any other ideas with regards to training? Thanks in advance, JIM.
    You are a very strong dude for being so small in stature so cheers.

Let me ask you this, what's your weeklly WO program look like as far as bodyparts hit on what days and how many sets and exercises? Also what rep range do you typically work in?

Here a big one, WHEN was the last time you took a break from weights all together and how long was it?

That'll help me out alot ;')
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BOSS !! View Post

Are we talking the vertical jump here, or long jump?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
    LEAPING ABILITY IS NATURAL DUDE.....NEED HIGH CALF INSERTIONS.....HIGH BOX JUMPS OH AND SPRINTS
    That is true to some degree. HOWEVER you can most deffinatly train to get it up there even more. I have always been able to dunk and for a 5'11 white boy over 200lbs that's not bad. I could do it when I was younger, same height but weighed alot less so gaining an extra 30-40lbs and still being able to do it tell me that leg development had something to do with that.

So to answer your question simply, squats. All the way.

If you are doing vert jump: jump squats (be carefull on those!!), Box jumps, regular squats, Straight leg calf press or donkey press will all help.

Long jump: Has very little to do with calves vrs the straight vert jump. Here you would look at more explosive movements like Jump squats, Sprints, Box jumps ect..

Also keep in mind alot of it has to do with technique and practicing will be key in getting better whether it be the long jump, hurdles, or the vert jump.
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast