Thread: Q&A with Hate and Joker!!!!

Forum Leader: Member Training Journals, Training The Joker's Avatar

Yo

I have been so busy at work.

I am bumping this thread

Lets get some more questions going
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Good thread. I hope it keeps going.

Hate. this is for you. I have already asked Joker on the TJ forum.

I have been bulking since September and gained about 30 lbs since then. I went from 213# on my bathroom scale to 245#. I estimate my bodyfat was a little under 15% when I started and I am guessing it is about 18% now. I think the gain has been pretty clean, and I am hoping that optimistically maybe 10 lbs of the gain is fat (at least I hope it was that clean) and am thinking pessimistically that maybe 15 lbs of that is fat.

I am all natural, btw.

Lately I have been feeling pretty fat. My belly has grown a bit too much. And I am really outgrowing my largest shirts, jackets and pants. Yesterday I totally ripped the seat of my largest pair of Khakis. LOL!

But I am within 10 lbs of my weight goal of 255# on my bathroom scale. But I am probably a little above my bodyfat percentage goal for the bulk. My goal was to bulk for a year, see if I could get to 250 to 255# then diet down.

My goal upon completion of the bulk, scheduled to end at the end of August, is to diet down to under 10%, then rest a while, then hire a personal trainer to help with the last 5% or so, to see if I can get into competition condition. If I can, maybe I'll compete.

After that I plan to have another bulk year (next time starting and ending leaner than this one) and diet down, and repeat for a few years until I think I have maxxed out my lean growth potential and then my plan is to stay pretty lean permanently.

Here is my question. In your humble (or maybe not so humble) opinion, should I continue the bulk through the end of August, while maybe adding in a little aerobics, and cutting back on fat and carbs a bit? Or should I stop now and start to diet before I get any fatter?

And thanks for the great thread!

^ i dunno
    i think you probably can answer yourself

in my experience, when people start heaping praise on you for ancient history, it is a sure sign that they think you are pathetic

when you start quoting what strangers who barely know what a gym looks like say about your physique
    it means you are insecure and afraid your training is stalled out

and the longer you stand in sugary drool, the more flies and slugs you will draw until you are so covered in them no one can see a difference

anyone else have any good 'tells' they use to figure out when they are on the wrong path?

"do you find honey where maggots are? i hunt among stone"
    http://krohdaddi.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsen
    Whatever you do, don't take a screenshot and post that pm...

Quote Originally Posted by KrohDaddi View Post
    ^ i dunno
    i think you probably can answer yourself

in my experience, when people start heaping praise on you for ancient history, it is a sure sign that they think you are pathetic

when you start quoting what strangers who barely know what a gym looks like say about your physique
    it means you are insecure and afraid your training is stalled out

and the longer you stand in sugary drool, the more flies and slugs you will draw until you are so covered in them no one can see a difference

anyone else have any good 'tells' they use to figure out when they are on the wrong path?

"do you find honey where maggots are? i hunt among stone"
    . . . I think I know what you mean, bro.

I've decided to continue the bulk, though with a leaner approach: slightly fewer KCals per day and more aerobics. In two weeks I have tightened up and am starting to see some abs again, and I am still gaining ever so slightly! So, I'll bulk until September as originally planned, then diet down from there.

Quote Originally Posted by woodswise View Post
    . . . I think I know what you mean, bro.
    lol dont lie, nobody EVER knows what that guy means.
    I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Quote Originally Posted by maxamill29 View Post
    lol dont lie, nobody EVER knows what that guy means.
    said mine tongue in cheek . . .

See that nice house down the street? Not there..

Quote Originally Posted by woodswise View Post
    Good thread. I hope it keeps going.

Hate. this is for you. I have already asked Joker on the TJ forum.

I have been bulking since September and gained about 30 lbs since then. I went from 213# on my bathroom scale to 245#. I estimate my bodyfat was a little under 15% when I started and I am guessing it is about 18% now. I think the gain has been pretty clean, and I am hoping that optimistically maybe 10 lbs of the gain is fat (at least I hope it was that clean) and am thinking pessimistically that maybe 15 lbs of that is fat.

I am all natural, btw.

Lately I have been feeling pretty fat. My belly has grown a bit too much. And I am really outgrowing my largest shirts, jackets and pants. Yesterday I totally ripped the seat of my largest pair of Khakis. LOL!

But I am within 10 lbs of my weight goal of 255# on my bathroom scale. But I am probably a little above my bodyfat percentage goal for the bulk. My goal was to bulk for a year, see if I could get to 250 to 255# then diet down.

My goal upon completion of the bulk, scheduled to end at the end of August, is to diet down to under 10%, then rest a while, then hire a personal trainer to help with the last 5% or so, to see if I can get into competition condition. If I can, maybe I'll compete.

After that I plan to have another bulk year (next time starting and ending leaner than this one) and diet down, and repeat for a few years until I think I have maxxed out my lean growth potential and then my plan is to stay pretty lean permanently.

Here is my question. In your humble (or maybe not so humble) opinion, should I continue the bulk through the end of August, while maybe adding in a little aerobics, and cutting back on fat and carbs a bit? Or should I stop now and start to diet before I get any fatter?

And thanks for the great thread!
    1. When is this comp or is it just something you "might" do?

2. For an average PT to get you down to 5% without drugs.......it'll be a miracle to find one that good .

3. Getting down to 5% natty is going to cost you a good deal of not just bf% but LMB as well so keep that in mind.

As for what I would do? What I have done.....start your cardio now. Even when bulking I have never gone over 14%bf...that dosen't mean I'm fucking perfect or even great by anymeans but in my experiance losing fat at the cost of shedding LBM can make you want to stop dead in your tracks.

The cardio as long as it's not extremely over done will help you with recovery aswell believe it or not.

What's your split look like?

What's your diet consist of (Macros, meal count per day ect)?

Remeber diet is HUGE especialy for a natty guy. So once I know what you're doing there we can make the cutting down a bit easier especially if you're not on a tight time line to do a show which it doesn't really sound like you are.
    www.IronMagLabs.com

15% off on all IronMagLabs products at the IronMagLabs store= H4TW15

OK, well then. Lets get some fresh questions in here sirs.
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Hi guys, i wanted to ask you some things, first let me thank you for sheding some light.
    stats:
    -weight 175 lbs
    -BF anywhere between 8 and 6 percent (really shredded competing in 2 weeks)
    -height: 1.71
    well I am currently hitting the weights real hard going to failure with some high volume training (4 exercises for each body part and anywhere between 4 to 8 sets in some exercises, mostly 4 sets per exercise and in one exercise 6 or 8 sets) I`ve been going heavy in most exercises (8-10 reps) and leave the high set exercise with more reps (usually between 12-15) doing a lot of intensity techniques like drop sets, rest pause, upping the weight with each set and such . it seems that training this way has worked well for me this prep, last prep did mi diet exactly de same (as for macros) and trained estrictly with higher reps and I didnt were as near as full as i am know. my question is for the off-season i am planning on staying lean all year (Not contest ready but i want to see my abs all year as George Farah advices) but putting on some size even if it is at a slower pace. my question regarding to training is.
    do you think i should stick to high volume (considering ill be off and that i am not going to be in a caloric surplus as when bulking)
    give me your thoughts and comments please.

thanks a lot in advance.

another thing, last bulking season I trained HIT and got stronger, but i didnt see that much the changes in my body cause I was a little bit over my weight (chubby hahhahah not as a fat lard hahah or maybe i weighed 206 pounds by the end of the bulk with 16 or 18% Bf, just guessing) i did put some decent size however I wasnt that happy with my performance.

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Javycarb View Post
    Hi guys, i wanted to ask you some things, first let me thank you for sheding some light.
    stats:
    -weight 175 lbs
    -BF anywhere between 8 and 6 percent (really shredded competing in 2 weeks)
    -height: 1.71
    well I am currently hitting the weights real hard going to failure with some high volume training (4 exercises for each body part and anywhere between 4 to 8 sets in some exercises, mostly 4 sets per exercise and in one exercise 6 or 8 sets) I`ve been going heavy in most exercises (8-10 reps) and leave the high set exercise with more reps (usually between 12-15) doing a lot of intensity techniques like drop sets, rest pause, upping the weight with each set and such . it seems that training this way has worked well for me this prep, last prep did mi diet exactly de same (as for macros) and trained estrictly with higher reps and I didnt were as near as full as i am know. my question is for the off-season i am planning on staying lean all year (Not contest ready but i want to see my abs all year as George Farah advices) but putting on some size even if it is at a slower pace. my question regarding to training is.
    do you think i should stick to high volume (considering ill be off and that i am not going to be in a caloric surplus as when bulking)
    give me your thoughts and comments please.

thanks a lot in advance.
    How are you planning to put on mass without a surpus in Calories is my question to you? As far as the training if you compete you probably already know that you're going to have to keep switching up your split constantly to keep seeing gains. So yes if you have been doing high volume and training everything once a week than cut back on the volume, train more muscle groups together and hit them with more frequence.

Give me a look at your split now with the amount of volume you're currently doing and I can go from there but straight off the bat if you are trying to add LBM you need a calorie surpus period. Drugs alone won't do it. Nutrients build muscle.
    www.IronMagLabs.com

And intensity techniques should be used sparingly to be sure. I find that there really isn't alot of overal "extra" stress using say super sets when pairing muscle groups to enhance the pump and save time but things like drops, giants, strip sets ect, ect need to be used sparingly to prevent overtraining (burning out your CNS)
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Keep em coming boys and girls.....I'm getting bored. Spam will be deleted and consistant spamers will be banned. Questions about training and diets are more than welcome here.....kinda why we made the thread so....
    www.IronMagLabs.com

been a stretch between questions.. but i got one for ya.. I have a problem with my right pec high up near insertion to the delts it is extremely painful..I think it was injured doing heavy inclines but. i had not "pain trigger" I also have severe tightness in left forearm it gets so inflamed and tight that i cant do more that 2-3 sets of bi's before i can't contract the left bicep...
    I have been getting ART done and will be getting standard deep tissue alongside of it. The ART therapist felt like the forearm had more to do with nerves being pinched in my neck but the work he did in the forearm and brachialis was brutal... in the pec he feel like it has alot to do with coracobrachialis and the subclavius...also tiny shoulder muscles suprasspinatus and infraspinatus....Honestly I feel like the pain is in upper pec to me, only.. but when he is working on those aforementionsed muscles there are strong pain singnals...
    Obviously training anyting but legs is impaired b/c of these issues any thoughts on working around the injury would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmikeskin View Post
    been a stretch between questions.. but i got one for ya.. I have a problem with my right pec high up near insertion to the delts it is extremely painful..I think it was injured doing heavy inclines but. i had not "pain trigger" I also have severe tightness in left forearm it gets so inflamed and tight that i cant do more that 2-3 sets of bi's before i can't contract the left bicep...
    I have been getting ART done and will be getting standard deep tissue alongside of it. The ART therapist felt like the forearm had more to do with nerves being pinched in my neck but the work he did in the forearm and brachialis was brutal... in the pec he feel like it has alot to do with coracobrachialis and the subclavius...also tiny shoulder muscles suprasspinatus and infraspinatus....Honestly I feel like the pain is in upper pec to me, only.. but when he is working on those aforementionsed muscles there are strong pain singnals...
    Obviously training anyting but legs is impaired b/c of these issues any thoughts on working around the injury would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    If you cannot train the muscles directly training the opposing side of your body will help to prevent atrophy on the injured side. This theory hgas been well documented. Nothing too crazy as you don't want to blow up one side and be lop sided but this doesn't look like anything that's going to keep you away from training for very long so I wouldn't worry much about that.

Dumbells and machines are your best friend right now until you get healed up.
    www.IronMagLabs.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345