Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Arnold Amateur Profiles - David Hoffmann

Default Arnold Amateur Profiles - David Hoffmann

We are just a few days away from the Arnold Amateur now!

The athletes are starting to arrive in Ohio and are at the final stages of their prep.

David Hoffman, coming all the way from Germany, is poised to make an impact in the heavyweight division.

Last edited by Adina Zanolli; March 1st, 2011 at 08:56 PM.

AZ: Your name has come up to me a few times as being a contender for the title. How do you feel your chances are at taking your class and do you feel added pressure to perform up to expectations?

DH: I have proven to be a top amateur in the super heavies, finishing top four at the IFBB World Championships in 2008 and 2009.

I took 2010 a year off. This time, I will be much improved, compared to my last competition.

I want to present a very classic physique that will remind people of the golden era: very small waist, wide back, big arms.

Depending on what the judges are looking for, chances are pretty good for me, I guess.

I don't feel any added pressure being considered a title contender.

I just want to present an improved David Hoffmann and show the fans that kind of "old school" classic physique, inspired by the great champions of the 70's and 80's.

The rest will be up to the judges.

AZ: How tall are you, and what are your off-season and competition weights?

DH: I'm 6'1".

My off-season weight is 285 pounds, and my competition weight is 251.

AZ: Are you working with someone for your prep? Why or why not?

DH: I have a person who helps me with contest prep- Detlef Herget.

He has been coach of the German national team for many years, and I'm glad to take advantage of his huge experience.

Preparing for a show, it is very important to have someone with a keen eye telling you you're on track or not.

Also, he takes care of lots of things, like competition color, etc.

This is a great help, as you can relax a little and focus on the competition itself. Furthermore, having supportive people around you just makes everything more enjoyable.

AZ: You’re making a long trip to get here. What does competing in this show mean to you to come from that far?

DH: I always wanted to compete in the U.S.

Apart from being a great country, I always enjoyed visiting very much; it is just the mecca of bodybuilding.

Also, the Arnold is such a huge and prestigious event, and I've been planning to come here since I started training in '95.

I'm looking forward to the competition, but also to all the surrounding events.

Last but not least, I'm happy see a lot of people again there that I know from photo shoots, exhibitions, and competitions all over the world.

Also, I don't want to forget all the great people from Universal Nutrition who are so professional, nice, and supportive.

AZ: Looking down the road, what do you hope to accomplish in this sport?

DH: As I mentioned before, my ultimate goal is to build a physique as close to perfection as possible.

I will never sacrifice proportions, symmetry, or aesthetics for the sake of winning competitions.

I want to be known as the bodybuilder who brought back the golden era.

If this goes along with good placings, that's just great!

The pictures of Arnold, Ed Corney, Franco, Zane, Lou, and all those great champions inspired me to get into bodybuilding sixteen years ago, and they still keep me motivated to become the best I can be.

I am very proud and grateful that Universal Nutrition picked me for their Muscle Digest campaign, because this exactly is what I always wanted to represent - old school, classic bodybuilding!

Contact Information:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-...n/125132237060

UniversalUSA.com: http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/D.-Hoffmann

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidhoffmann1?blend=1&ob=5

E-mail Address: david@muscledavid.com

Websites: www.muscledavid.com and www.fitness-flavor.de

The future of bodybuilding!
    Best V-Taper ever!