Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Branch Warren Wins 2011 Arnold Classic RESULTS, SCORECARD & FINAL REPORT by Ron Harris

in the ocean, 20 foot waves I’m assuming it’s off the coast of South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Bullshit.
    quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by zeppa View Post
    Yes there is no doubt Branch has worked hard for what he has acheived, the guy has no shortage of muscle! But seriously he has the ugliest physique of all the top pro's. It just doesnt flow and is down right aweful to look at.

While I agree, he prolly had the most mass and therefore won the show. Evan and Wolf were ripped to shit and looked hard as hell, too. Just not as much mass did 'em in.
    Most times I find that stupid people don't know they're fucking stupid unless you tell 'em they are.

Thumbs up Well deserved win

Although my earlier predictions prior to the show had Victor winning and Branch 2nd. I could not be happier for Branch. He such worked hard to bring up every body part that his critics pointed out. You have to respect a guy who paid his dues. His hardcore training has paid off big time. Yes, many pros at this level train hard, but truthfully some go through the motions. Not this guy! It is great to see hard work pay off and I believe this is why so many fans and those in the sport really like Branch Warren!

Quote Originally Posted by Kry View Post
    Victor couldn't complete with Branch or Wolf, I had him 4th, behind Evan. He has little girl legs compared to the other pro's. His calves are the size of Dexter's, if not smaller.
    No way his calves are the size of Dexters! Heck Dexter's calves are bigger than Wolf's. Just check. That left calf of Wolfs is deformed. Dick brain what show was you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by ashman8081 View Post
    o yea branch.....nobody deserves this more than branch warren, hard work pays off
    Because someone has come close so many times they shouldn't be awarded a win. If that is the case they should have rolled out the O to Kevin, Flex and Shawn. Branch was conditioned, presented big mass but wasn't the best in terms of what "used" to be bodybuilding. But under today's standards he gets the win. Big at all cost gets the "W"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jerdawg View Post
    Please, giving thanks is great...but do you really think God & Jesus is thinking of bodybuilding??? It's great we live in America where we have freedom of religion and speech, but please lets be respectful to others and not where our religion on your sleeve be a class act. Wishing you the best, Peace out!
    So you don't care about God??..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BDEGRD View Post
    This may not be pretty, but it is a disturbing amount of muscle, just too much muscle and conditioning to be denied....shape can only take you so far.

Exactly, this is bodybuilding, you wanna win the show, you better build the muscle, and come in shredded, like Branch

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    no shit,the guy has put in the fuckin work man.Totally deserves it.People can whine about less than perfect genetics all the want but dorain was the same way and his hard work paid off too
    There is immanent need for people to reconsider their thoughts. I think it is totally absurd to put 6-time Mr. Olympia winner into same dimension with one time Arnold Classic champion. When Yates was champion, he dominated. Branch Warren can barely hold this title of Arnold Classic as we all can see - most of people are shocked.

Whatever one say, it is obvious that Arnold Classic is private competition.

Banned

Vince Gironda, original trainer of champion, would roll in his grave if he knew that a guy with 0 aesthetic won.

Judging should be based on a visible cumulative of points, branch would have something like...

Muscularity : 10/10
    Cuts : 9/10
    Aesthetic : -5/10

Quote Originally Posted by kakaka View Post
    Yeah right broh, Victor has the size and is much more complete than either one. Bodybuilding is about symetri.. when are you guys gonna learn? Victor shouldve won.

Victor does not push hard enough when getting ready for a contest..

Pro's to train hard, but they are not all equal. Branch does outwork most pros, same as Dorian did.

And as far as that post by jerdawg made, Branch can thank god all he wants, you people who dont believe thats your own damnation, dont drag others down with you.

Banned

Branch= Future Mr Olympia

Default Arnold classic 2011

I think Branch was a deserving winner and so congratulations to him!

Personally i had Victor 2nd and i thought 3rd & 4th was a toss up between Evan and Wolf and Dexter just wasn't in the running.

So it will be interesting to see how Branch stands up to Jay, Phil and Kai if they are all at 100% at the Olympia.

But for me, thats the top 4 right there!

Banned

Muscle+cuts=winner

when people say that Branch trains hard- what they mean is that he went from a very blocky monster of 5 years ago to now a more aesthetically pleasing competitor. His genetics gave him muscle and mass but his hard work allowed him to become more symmetrical. He may still not be as perfect as Vic, but he did transform a once too blocky physique into a pleasing champion. So what you will but Branch deserves credit for taking a hard look into the mirror and changing what he didn't like. Most guys think they are already perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by jschnitz55 View Post
    when people say that Branch trains hard- what they mean is that he went from a very blocky monster of 5 years ago to now a more aesthetically pleasing competitor. His genetics gave him muscle and mass but his hard work allowed him to become more symmetrical. He may still not be as perfect as Vic, but he did transform a once too blocky physique into a pleasing champion. So what you will but Branch deserves credit for taking a hard look into the mirror and changing what he didn't like. Most guys think they are already perfect.
    WTF?
    Branch Younger

Branch Older

I was referring to the professional adult Branch of 5 years ago.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast