Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Q& A with Hall of Famer, Kevin Levrone

Nobody

Has anybody else noticed how whiny Levrone is in his latest MD articles?? He writes like he is the only bodybuilder to have ever made great sacrifices to get to where he was. Almost like he's sold his soul to be a great champion and now there's no coming back. Listen man, you made your choices, you stuck the needle in your ass, you dehydrated yourself to dangerous levels, you devoted time away from other things in life, and above all you did it for YOU. So don't act like the world owes you something because you went through great trials and tribulations to be the best. I gave you the benefit of the doubt at first but after reading article after article in MD, it sounds like you have a lot of regrets. With phrases like "I cheated death more than once, you may not be so lucky" I mean give me a break. Again, not the only bodybuilder to cut water before a show. The past is the past my man. If you want to do something for fans stop crying about how much your career took out of you and HELP THEM not make the same mistakes.

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson829 View Post
    Has anybody else noticed how whiny Levrone is in his latest MD articles?? He writes like he is the only bodybuilder to have ever made great sacrifices to get to where he was. Almost like he's sold his soul to be a great champion and now there's no coming back. Listen man, you made your choices, you stuck the needle in your ass, you dehydrated yourself to dangerous levels, you devoted time away from other things in life, and above all you did it for YOU. So don't act like the world owes you something because you went through great trials and tribulations to be the best. I gave you the benefit of the doubt at first but after reading article after article in MD, it sounds like you have a lot of regrets. With phrases like "I cheated death more than once, you may not be so lucky" I mean give me a break. Again, not the only bodybuilder to cut water before a show. The past is the past my man. If you want to do something for fans stop crying about how much your career took out of you and HELP THEM not make the same mistakes.
    Jameson 829- Sounds to me like you are looking for something to put down Mr Levrone. If you actually read the articles and listen to and watch the videos, he has a great passion for the sport of bodybuilding and is sharing for the benefit of the next generation coming up. In the 6 part interview with Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler and Mr. Levrone they all talk about the sacrifices and intense training that they did, the battles that they had and if you listen to each one of them, they are all looking for that to come back to the sport of bodybuilding and for the bodybuilders of today to learn a bit from those of the past.
    So when you say "The past is the past my man. If you want to do something for fans stop crying about how much your career took out of you and HELP THEM not make the same mistakes. " If you are actually paying attention Mr Levrone actually is giving wisdom on not making the same mistakes.
    If you read the July issue of MD at the Last Call column, towards the end of the article he says;
    "And then there's the small issue of STERIODS."
    " No matter what you take or how you take 'em you're playing Russian roulette. Let each man count the cost-the cosequences will be seen in hindsight. I'm a risk take , so I played the game... and won, big time. "
    I would take that to mean that he knew that there was a risk but took it anyway. In the following paragraphs he does mention that he was very strong with out them and he now "Thank God" has a clean bill of health and he doesn't recommend the use of steroids.
    Doesn't sound like someone crying to me. Sounds a bit like a lesson to take away.

Dedicated Noob

Hey Kevin,

Was it psychologically difficult to adjust to being smaller after you were done with the IFBB scene? I can't imagine ever doing 100lb dumbbell curls in anybody's face (lol) but I would imagine that one could become almost drunk with power from being so successful in this sport. We prize progress (especially in gaining mass) so much, going "backward" in the sense of losing size could be tough to handle. How have you handled that? Do you have any insight from other pros who have retired from the competition stage?

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Hey kevin I saw you win the 1992 NOC and it was my first pro show and it was the start of me becoming a huge fan of the IFBB! Your column was great in the august MD keep up the great work!

Dedicated Noob

hi kevin
    me and my friend really admire you, we really love your deep passion for the sport man.
    at the british expo, we were talking to shawn ray, and he siad he was trying to get to to come to the UK,
    just want to ask if you have any plans to come next year.
    thanks for inspiring us kevin. take care.

hi kevin, do you prefer barbell rows or t bar rows (freeweight) for back growth

Quote Originally Posted by Justlifting View Post
    Jameson 829- Sounds to me like you are looking for something to put down Mr Levrone. If you actually read the articles and listen to and watch the videos, he has a great passion for the sport of bodybuilding and is sharing for the benefit of the next generation coming up. In the 6 part interview with Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler and Mr. Levrone they all talk about the sacrifices and intense training that they did, the battles that they had and if you listen to each one of them, they are all looking for that to come back to the sport of bodybuilding and for the bodybuilders of today to learn a bit from those of the past.
    So when you say "The past is the past my man. If you want to do something for fans stop crying about how much your career took out of you and HELP THEM not make the same mistakes. " If you are actually paying attention Mr Levrone actually is giving wisdom on not making the same mistakes.
    If you read the July issue of MD at the Last Call column, towards the end of the article he says;
    "And then there's the small issue of STERIODS."
    " No matter what you take or how you take 'em you're playing Russian roulette. Let each man count the cost-the cosequences will be seen in hindsight. I'm a risk take , so I played the game... and won, big time. "
    I would take that to mean that he knew that there was a risk but took it anyway. In the following paragraphs he does mention that he was very strong with out them and he now "Thank God" has a clean bill of health and he doesn't recommend the use of steroids.
    Doesn't sound like someone crying to me. Sounds a bit like a lesson to take away.
    outstanding and very well put

Nobody

Oh please you guys can't try telling me that he doesn't sound like the biggest bleeding heart out there. i was just reviewing his column on steroids and its littered with this whole "poor me, it took a chunk outta my soul" type attitude. and the "no matter what you take or how you take 'em you're playing Russian roulette"...thats total bullshit. Some drugs are safer than others but if you educate yourself properly before taking gear you can greatly reduce the sides/risk factors that go along with it..at least for the recreational user. The amount of drugs Levrone was probably putting into his body would make your head spin and that's much more than he was letting on in the article. Not just AAS, but God knows what fat burners, growth factors, insulin, thyroid..the whole nine. So in that case, yea you are fucking with your health. Its not that I don't think the guy was a great bodybuilder, he could just skip the melodramatic act and give his fans the facts. You don't hear Ronnie, Dorian or Haney "boo-hooing" over their careers, and believe me they're all doing the same things to try to get an edge over the next guy. So when next months MD comes out I'll look at Levrone's article and hopefully won't find tear drops on the page this time.

Kev, you said in Hartford you were going to post here more, let's see it!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

kevin,
    what was it like competing with mike francois, got any good stories of him?

hi kev looking forward to you here in MD i also follow the levrone report big fan of you my man, can i have a shout out i am dieting for november 6th hell yeahh killing it

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Kev, you said in Hartford you were going to post here more, let's see it!
    I'm still traveling. When I get settled, I'll post more, Ron.
    Kevin Levrone
    IFBB Pro Hall Of Fame
    Founder & CEO, Levrone Formula
    Editor-in-Chief, LevroneReport.com

Quote Originally Posted by Levrone2000 View Post
    I'm still traveling. When I get settled, I'll post more, Ron.
    bring it kev!!!! love your brutal honesty!!!! thanks for keeping it real

I'll be back later this evening to answer some of your questions. I'll be flying to Cleveland tomorrow to help with Team MD's coverage of the North American's.
    Kevin Levrone
    IFBB Pro Hall Of Fame

Your public awaits, MMM.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Im Waiting Kevin! Your Latest Column about Finding your Wave was Fantastic and Im sure ive found my wave at 45 years old and im ready to ride it to my destiny! Keep up the great work!

KurtyJ99 - The fish is cooked. Flounder is my favorite fish.

2011change - You can check out the Levrone Report for specific routines. There are over 300 workouts there. I typically did 16 sets per body part and kept my reps in the 6 - 8 range, 12-15 if if was a cable machine. I did all my pushing movements on one day and pulling on a separate day. http://levronereport.com/

spartan80 - It all depends what show I was coming off, and of what show I did previously. What I did was what I needed at the time. I looked in the mirror and made assessments as to what I needed. Not everyone follows the same pattern when they're preparing for a comp. It's almost like saying I use a certain grade comb on my hair. You might use one because your hair is thicker or it felt better, and one because it felt good. It all depends on that day.

narducci91 - You lose fat by doing cardio. To gain muscle, train heavy, get plenty or rest, and eat enough to support your work load, so you can grow.

akoutoudis - Any small muscle group is going to be stubborn. They can handle a much higher volume. Start with seated calves. Try doing like 100 reps. Shock them, and force them to grow. You can train them every other day.

POWEHOUSE45 - Again, check out Levrone Report. Here's an arm workout we filmed recently. http://youtu.be/8ZqP4RBVC_8

LUNATYK74 - It's genetics.

pump freak 86 - No, it absolutely wasn't. I was always smaller in the off- season at 220 or 215. I am much more comfortable at this size and clothes fit better.

rehman23 - I just got back from Turkey. I'm going to India this month, and to my brother's wedding. I don't have any meetings with the queen. I don't think I'll be there unless she calls me.

ukstrongman - Barbell, because it's an old school movement. I don't really like supported movements.

brady72220 - I competed with Mike Francois I think twice in my entire career. He is a former bother. I know he's a religious man, and I respect him for that. I don't stay in contact with him much at all.

Javycarb - Sure. Thanks for the support.
    Kevin Levrone
    IFBB Pro Hall Of Fame

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast