Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Q& A with Hall of Famer, Kevin Levrone

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Levrone2000 View Post
    Thanks for stopping by everybody. Keep your questions coming baby.
    FINE you want your question Kevin? you got it! Whats the likelihood of hookin' up a HUGE fan with some Arnold tickets for next year? 'Cause i know you've got some huge pull!! lol Cant wait for it though honestly. Taking my girl and a few friends.. I shouldn't have shown my girl an MD; she's hooked on bodybuilding now - Loving the MD article sir! Honestly, its a huge inspiration, and I look forward to it each month. Any chance we'll see a physique SIMILAR to the old Kevin Levrone, now that you'll be on TRT (since your levels were low for your age) in the near future? How much do you think this will affect your current training, if in any way?

Thanks Kevin!
    -Tyler
    Last edited by hulksyndrome; October 6th, 2011 at 01:37 AM.

Hey Kev! Got a couple questions

1. You have a really good eye for bodybuilding, and have a good head on your shoulders, have you ever thought about being a contest prep guy?

2. you said for calves because they are a small muscle group to smash them for shock growth, would you recommend the same approach for triceps?

Hey Kevin,
    I quote one of your answers here:
    So let's say I just finished the Arnold. I wouldn't do anything between now and June. I would cut the calories in half, eat three times a day and lose 40 lbs of muscle. Then in June, I'd start training and gaining 3-5 lbs of muscle a week and train heavy all the way up until Mr. Olympia.
    you basically stated that you 'grew into a show', but yet mentioned off seasons so my question is
    in which part of you carear you started to perform this method - 'growing into a show'?
    and how your off season looked like (nutrition and training wise)?
    also you are known as very strong bodybuilder, did you gain such strength by preforming lower reps (1-5) at some part of your career?

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions, you are big inspiration it means a lot to me.

Hi Kevin, what was your meal plan in the transformation of fat loss.

Thanks Brother

hey kevin, whats the deal with the test theropy you were talking about in one of your articles in MD. im up there in age and im on the low end of the scale pushing a 325..i was told that taking test is kinda risky...what's your take outside of what i already read..more safe daily energy would be better than hitting the lotto

Hi Kevin,

What are your thoughts on Red Meat? Did you eat it during your career? After doing some research I am thinking about cutting down on it and using chicken, fish and turkey. Any thoughts?

Dedicated Noob

Hello there Mr. Levrone,

I would like you, if possible, to write down a good weekly split routine to gain real mass. I´m a big fan of your work and personality, that´s why i would like you to give me some advice.

You´ve got many fans here in Portugal! Wish you the best!

Nobody

Hi Kev,
    Im looking for some advice that is obviously hard to come by regarding anabolics. Im not looking whats best to take in the off season or how much to take of what, im looking for some advice of a different kind and was wondering if its cool to ask on here.

Thanks Kev

Dedicated Noob

Hi, big Kevin! I just registered in hoping that you will read this. Im one if your hugest fans over the world, man. You've got the best, balanced,proportional,symmetrical,beaituful,aesthe tic physique, the uncrowned Mr.Olympia (with Shawn Ray).I liked Flex Wheeler alot, before he pushed all that synthol in his arms,shoulders,quads & the fake calves. He was not like you, training 6 months a year, strongest boybuilder of his time, and the best shoulders ever, with amazing triceps sweep.And thanks for the LevroneReport, its awesome. I'm soon going to try out LevrnoeFormula, with lots of arginine & citruline there's gonna be some pump man. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation, i got so mad when you got Screwed Mr.Olympia 1992,2002. You really won 2 of these, and 1995 too, Dorian's physique.. well it wasn't a Mr.Olympia's physique. Thanks, Maryland Muscle Maschine! The best with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Wish you lots of luck, you didn't have it on the Olympia stage, or some of the judges really hated you.Cheers, man
    @Op, forgot to ask something. Which year you think you've brought you're best package? If you ask me it was in 1992 or 2000 and 2001, the best =)
    Last edited by Big_Rick; January 25th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson829 View Post
    Has anybody else noticed how whiny Levrone is in his latest MD articles?? He writes like he is the only bodybuilder to have ever made great sacrifices to get to where he was. Almost like he's sold his soul to be a great champion and now there's no coming back. Listen man, you made your choices, you stuck the needle in your ass, you dehydrated yourself to dangerous levels, you devoted time away from other things in life, and above all you did it for YOU. So don't act like the world owes you something because you went through great trials and tribulations to be the best. I gave you the benefit of the doubt at first but after reading article after article in MD, it sounds like you have a lot of regrets. With phrases like "I cheated death more than once, you may not be so lucky" I mean give me a break. Again, not the only bodybuilder to cut water before a show. The past is the past my man. If you want to do something for fans stop crying about how much your career took out of you and HELP THEM not make the same mistakes.
    I agree, he's one of my favorite bodybuilders of all time but lately he's been really whiny, I really don't get it. I also wish he'd drop the whole "IM A GENETIC GOD!!! DON'T EVER TRY TO BE LIKE ME!!!! just wrap yourself up in love and don't be upset if you fail" attitude.

Sometimes I pull papers out of my ass for class and his latest articles definitely carry that familiar scent. Kevin reiterates himself 1000 times before the end of the column.

I think you're a great guy kevin, but be honest with us, you're retired so what does it matter if you spill all your secrets? Read Evan Centopani's stuff and take a hint, his thread has the most replies for a reason.

Lilly still has something that belongs to you
    levrone.jpg

Spotter

Kevin, just stopping by to say whats up. I've been following you on your levronereport, and find its a great outlook on bodybuilding and life. Always appreciate your views and honesty. I have been saying for a long time now to keep it positive and focus. I'll be back to check up on more of your reports, hope all is well.

Nobody

Hey Kevin, first I wanted to say that in my opinion you had one of the most perfect physiques of all time and I wanna thank you for taking some time to answer questions here.
    Bodycoaches posted a pic of you on facebook when you were about 16years old. You were pretty skinny, now I'm asking myself what kind of bodytype you think you have? You wrote that in pro Bodybuilding 90% is about genetics, so I guess you have good ones... I 'm an ectomorph, so is it possible that I still can have "good" genetics?

Nobody

Hey Kevin can you post your full training routine with weights you used to do, when you were big like in the BFTO 98 ??

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Levrone2000 View Post
    What's up everybody? I'll be by tomorrow to answer a few questions. Did you like having the call in segment on MD Radio? Tell me what you thought about it....
    yeaa baby. love ya baby.

i really wish kevin still posted

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by theadamie View Post
    I agree, he's one of my favorite bodybuilders of all time but lately he's been really whiny, I really don't get it. I also wish he'd drop the whole "IM A GENETIC GOD!!! DON'T EVER TRY TO BE LIKE ME!!!! just wrap yourself up in love and don't be upset if you fail" attitude.

Sometimes I pull papers out of my ass for class and his latest articles definitely carry that familiar scent. Kevin reiterates himself 1000 times before the end of the column.

I think you're a great guy kevin, but be honest with us, you're retired so what does it matter if you spill all your secrets? Read Evan Centopani's stuff and take a hint, his thread has the most replies for a reason.
    seriously, what secrets are there to spill?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast