Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rockel Raises a Ruckus!!! British Grand Prix Mens Open Finals Posedown Video

All it did was further the idea that Branch was much better...and created an impression of RR being a little unprofessional.
    Strength in life and lifting.
    shawnbellon.com

It didn't seem like Branch cared as much as you guys are making it seem like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchamateur View Post
    Some people have just zero sense of humour. Branch's trying too hard to look like a tough guy. I wonder if he ever smiles?? Except that fake smile on stage. I think it's not great advertisement either for bodybuilding. Imho typical meathead.
    Thats the name of his game. Overcompensation and inner demons.
    Criticism is a prejudice made plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladryn View Post
    This thread is so full of morons it's amazing. Rockel acted like an ass. Maybe if he spent more time chasing people he could compare against he would have placed higher. The show wasn't between him and Branch, and he knew that from the callouts.
    Because you say so, or because the American head judge said so...?? They wouldn't even have Rockel next to Branch in the first call-out. Wouldn't that make sense since they are the two highest placing athletes from the AC. At least to get a first perpective where Branch and Ronny were at that point. I think it's time we all stop defending bullshit when we see it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alexceau View Post
    Because you say so, or because the American head judge said so...?? They wouldn't even have Rockel next to Branch in the first call-out. Wouldn't that make sense since they are the two highest placing athletes from the AC. At least to get a first perpective where Branch and Ronny were at that point. I think it's time we all stop defending bullshit when we see it!!!
    Good post.

Posing next to someone is one thing, Stalking someone and basically trying to bully your way into a spot that they are already starting to pose in is unsporting. A friendly nudge is one thing, Being an ass hole is another.
    +1 To Branch. And in my opinion to compair Rockel to Branch.. pft, give me a Brake.

It was a little over the top but fun to watch...Hee hee. Dorian was laughing his head off at it!!
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

I feel sorry for Ronny. He looked best on that stage, and if you watch on the video j.j. and b. warren push him really hard when he is trying to get between them. People should open their eyes, these guys (judges, sponsors and athletes) made their own "clan" and only a few are allowd to be up there. If you are an "outsider" you get pushed asside. This is available everywhere and unfortunately in bodybuilding it's getting more and more obvious. No wonder why BBing is having few fans left..

I don't think Rockel was trying to get the attention of the judges, he was just too frustrated because he knew what was coming.
    Also the whole "judging" system pretty much don't exist, actually never existed. The athletes who have the bigger sponsorships(supplement contracts, magazine contracts etc) and generally better PR than others, are the ones who will take the top placings, it's not rocket science - on the contrary it's pretty simple. The "man behind the lights" is the one who makes the call, how the athletes will place - everybody i believe knows what's going on in reality.

For example on this event, it's pretty obvious who's should be the winner and generally how the placings should really be. Even if you get a whole set of - blind/high out of their minds/half naked with stripper's glitter dust all over - judges they can tell you that Rockel is on another level in comparison to Brach and pretty much everyone on that line up. Please i don't wanna hear any crap about his back and ham/glute water weight or even an aesthetics comparison. For the second one there's no point, Branch has no aesthetics whatsover to begin with.

Plus it's pretty lame that Rockel gets robbed that often, that much and that obviously. It's like having a couple of thieves trying to rob a bank and the cops set up red carpet and open the safe for them - it cannot get more lame than this
    Last edited by Yaz; March 21st, 2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Ispiration
    MyProtein 5% Discount Code: MP194637

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravo2003 View Post
    THIS
    I THOUGHT RONNY WAS JUST TRYING TO HAVE SOME FUN,EVEN THO I AM A BRANCH FAN I THINK HE ACT LIKE A RETARD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyconcarne View Post
    I agree. This is the way. Good for Branch on the win and kudos to Rockel for fighting for every inch!
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    I don't think Rockel was trying to get the attention of the judges, he was just too frustrated because he knew what was coming.
    Also the whole "judging" system pretty much don't exist, actually never existed. The athletes who have the bigger sponsorships(supplement contracts, magazine contracts etc) and generally better PR than others, are the ones who will take the top placings, it's not rocket science - on the contrary it's pretty simple. The "man behind the lights" is the one who makes the call, how the athletes will place - everybody i believe knows what's going on in reality.

For example on this event, it's pretty obvious who's should be the winner and generally how the placings should really be. Even if you get a whole set of - blind/high out of their minds/half naked with stripper's glitter dust all over - judges they can tell you that Rockel is on another level in comparison to Brach and pretty much everyone on that line up. Please i don't wanna hear any crap about his back and ham/glute water weight or even an aesthetics comparison. For the second one there's no point, Branch has no aesthetics whatsover to begin with.

Plus it's pretty lame that Rockel gets robbed that often, that much and that obviously. It's like having a couple of thieves trying to rob a bank and the cops set up red carpet and open the safe for them - it cannot get more lame than this
    Exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by dutchamateur View Post
    Some people have just zero sense of humour. Branch's trying too hard to look like a tough guy. I wonder if he ever smiles?? Except that fake smile on stage. I think it's not great advertisement either for bodybuilding. Imho typical meathead.
    THIS!!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post

Great post.

I can understand Ronny frustration about all this crap.

Branch ran away like a pussy. He knows he can't compete w Ronnie in this show. I guess being good friends w Steve does help. I also heard a comment that a friend who did a national show was over conditioned and that's why he didn't place as high. How ridiculous is that comment? Too over conditioned for a bodybuilding show. These bad placings are getting as annoying as corrupt politicians. Plus, competitors, stop w the freaking bitch tits. Do something about it!!!! How masculine can you be with breasts at the end of your chest???

Nobody

i THINK ronnie rockel looked a little immature.He was just pissing everyone off.He should've had points taken off for acting unprofessional!!

Branch didn't seem to be taking it too hard until Rockel nearly pushed him off stage. Even then, I don't think he lost his temper nearly as bad as he could of. He kept his professionalism, and I bet they buried the hatchet back stage.

Branch is on top of the world now, so of course people on the forums are gonna hate on him. I'm sure he'll do all of his talking on the stage.

I was in the crowd & it was good fun to watch,but do feel Ronney took it alittle to far & thought it was going to kick off at one point

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast