Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitness Publisher Robert Kennedy and Tosca Reno's Son Braden Dies at 23.

Default Fitness Publisher Robert Kennedy and Tosca Reno's Son Braden Dies at 23.

Fitness Publisher Robert Kennedy and Tosca Reno's Son Braden Dies at 23

Robert Kennedy

March 29, 2011

TORONTO, March 29, 2011 — /PRNewswire/ -- Robert Kennedy, is the founder of Robert Kennedy Publishing which specializes in health and fitness.

The magazine-publishing arm includes six titles: MuscleMag International, Reps!, Oxygen, American Curves, Maximum Fitness and Clean Eating magazines as well as many books.
    Kennedy also published the late Fitness Icon, Jack LaLanne's last book "Live Young Forever" and this New York Times Best Seller (Hardcore Bodybuilding, Reps!, RockHard!, Beef It!, and Pumping Up! ) has also written over 53 books. His wife Tosca Reno, TV celebrity health and fitness guru, is the NY Times Best Selling Author of "The Eat Clean Diet" series also published by Robert Kennedy Publishing based in Toronto.

His beloved only son Braden Robert James Kennedy recently passed away due to pneumonia complications at tender age of 23.
    Braden, who suffered a head injury as a result of an automobile accident 13 years ago, bravely endured, despite being bedridden with round-the-clock nursing care, unable to speak, eat or move, and consigned to his bedroom with his favorite film mega-stars, Will Smith and Jim Carrey.

Robert states "With unbearable sadness we mourn the loss of our son, a braver human being I've never known. His infectious laughter will never be forgotten. He taught our family the meaning of unparalleled courage amid the most unbearable of circumstances."

His wife Tosca Reno Kennedy and step-mother to Braden continues: "Our love and admiration for him is boundless. He leaves a gaping hole in our hearts it is true but he has filled us with so much not the least of which is his bravery. Even during those long last hours he did not give up easily and endured what was handed him with grace."

Braden is survived by sister Chelsea, father Robert, stepmother Tosca, stepsisters Rachel,Kiersten and Kelsey-Lynn, caring aunts, uncles and cousins and loving grandmother Joan.

Services will be arranged by: J.S. Jones & Son Funeral Home, 11582 Trafalgar Rd., Georgetown, Ontario. Viewing to be held on Tuesday, March 29th 6-9 PM. The funeral mass will be on Wednesday, March 30th at 12:00 PM at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 14400 Argyll Road Georgetown, Ontario.
    In lieu of flowers, donations to the Red Cross (Japan Earthquake Relief) would be appreciated and can be made online at www.redcross.ca or by calling 1-800-418-1111.
    SOURCE Robert Kennedy

It is with great sadness, I have to Report this as I worked for Robert Kennedy for 2 years and know there is no greater pain than the loss of a Child or loved one.
    He is in our thoughts and Prayers.

TEAM MD & the Ray Family.

Bless their hearts. :*(

RIP, Braden

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    It is with great sadness, I have to Report this as I worked for Robert Kennedy for 2 years and know there is no greater pain than the loss of a Child or loved one.

Wow Shawn Thats so sad! As I get Older I try to Enjoy each day,even the bad ones, RIP Braden!

Beach Body

Very sad indeed.

I worked for Robert for around 14 years and he is one of the true gentlemen in this industry. Very sorry to hear this, just as I was sorry to hear about Braden's accident all those years ago. Hopefully he is at peace now and in no pain.

Rest in peace Braden

Very sad, condolences...R.I.P Braden

Oh no, that's awful for Bob and Tosca, such lovely people...My heart goes out to them...
    UK MARKET MANAGER FOR RONNIE COLEMAN SIGNATURE SERIES! YEAH BUDDY!!!!
    Am NOW on Instagram, add me - 'GILES_RCSS'

That's so sad to hear.

Rest in peace.
    You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

RIP , nothing could be worse then loosing a child.
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Taken from Tosca's facebook page - to become a fan, click HERE.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Celebrating with Braden last Christmas.
    Last night was all about saying goodbye even if we have been doing this privately for the past few days since Braden's passing. Now it was time to draw together those whom Braden had touched in his brief life and allow them to make peace, share a story and see our brave boy one last time. How necessary this is for us and how brilliantly Braden pulled us together without saying a word. As I watched and welcomed so many this evening with Robert, Chelsea, Rachel, Kelsey and Kiersten by my side it was difficult not to be moved by this power. Braden's laughing eyes and courageous example give us all hope that we can at least try to be better people. Last night I saw how Braden reunited friends and family who had not spoken for far too long and how he helped another father gain courage to continue carrying the heavy load of caring for his own profoundly challenged son. In that room Braden brought strangers together to share stories and cause an entire crowd of people to say "What a beautiful boy!"

So much about saying goodbye is about understanding your place in that person's life and what he or she meant to you. You already know I was powerfully inspired by Braden but I think I learned much more. My heart is bigger. I am more willing to laugh at myself. I don't need or want to be perfect. Small things make me happy. My eyes are more willing to see new things particularly in people. And I am learning acceptance - just to accept that life is messy and painful, joyful and surprising all in one big lump.

Today brings the final step. We have been marching slowly towards this over the last few days. It is a final step. I know the sun will shine tomorrow, the earth will be damp and ready for spring, the flowers will glow against a chill day and we will all gather together for that last goodbye united by Braden and his reminder to be strong but keep a twinkle in your eye.

We will Braden, we will.

Thank you for all of your support over the past few days. Your kind words will accompany Braden into his next steps. Thank you for giving both us and him the strength to carry on.

Love Forever,
    Tosca and Family
    Chelsea and her big brother Braden sharing a laugh!
    A sunny day with Bob & Braden.

Dedicated Noob

RIP.

No parent should outlive their own child, my prayers are with his family.

Banned

WOW sad sad news, ive been reading Robs mags for a while, my condolences to the family
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post

iWarrior

Very sad, my condolences to the family. RIP.

Bro Scientist

This is so sad. RIP

It must be so sad to lose a child...I think I would die of sadness.

My heart goes out to the Kennedy family
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast