Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 204 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Truth" w/ Eric Broser (Q&A and Training Articles)

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Ortski,
    I had this same problem when I started working with Eric. I'm NOT Eric, but I think his recommendation would be to bring your triceps even with your shoulder (upper arm parrallel with floor) and no higher. THis should keep the traps out of the movement, for hte most part.

BTW, when I started incorporating these into my shoulder routine regularly my shoulders began to really blow up. GOOD LUCK!
    yeah, I hit like nipple line with the bar, and space my hands further out on the bar

Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Ortski,
    I had this same problem when I started working with Eric. I'm NOT Eric, but I think his recommendation would be to bring your triceps even with your shoulder (upper arm parrallel with floor) and no higher. THis should keep the traps out of the movement, for hte most part.

BTW, when I started incorporating these into my shoulder routine regularly my shoulders began to really blow up. GOOD LUCK!
    Good stuff Hoss!

Yes, bring the elbows up no higher than shoulder level. As soon as you break that plane the traps will take over. Also, try a grip just wider than shoulder width.
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

thanks for confirming eric.

another question though. in my shoulder routine i do standing lateral raises - dumbells together at the start with palms facing, then raised outwards/upwards finishing with the palms shoulder height facing the floor.

is it ok to do these and the upright rows? or should it be one or the other? maybe rotated?

Quote Originally Posted by Ortski View Post
    thanks for confirming eric.

another question though. in my shoulder routine i do standing lateral raises - dumbells together at the start with palms facing, then raised outwards/upwards finishing with the palms shoulder height facing the floor.

is it ok to do these and the upright rows? or should it be one or the other? maybe rotated?
    You can do both in the same workout. These movements strongly activate the lateral deltoid, which I feel is visually, the most important head of the muscle. It provides width, roundness, and fullness.
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

sounds good! i'll make it a permanent addition!

Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by cbower420 View Post
    Sounds like an interesting concept. However, Why would you neglect a muscle fiber type each week. Don't you think training each muscle fiber type with varied reps every week will produce the greatest gains. Instead you are neglecting different muscle fibers each week you train. Why not train 4-5 sets of 1-5 rep, 4-5 sets of 6-12 reps, then 4-5 sets of 15 or more reps all within the same workout each week. In order to prevent stagnation simply change up the order of the exercises or even add a different exercise each week. I would have to agree with Layne Norton's concept.

It doesn't work like that. You can't optimise each muscle fibre type by working them all at the same time. It's about timing your rests between trade overs and dicking volume and diet between them.

Default training

But i've seen in his training thread where some of the articles (which i think are awesome) lay down this exact type training program im not sure weather its for beginners or what but on them it says 6-8 reps for one exercise then 8-10 the next and upto 12-15 reps or vice versa can anyone clear this up?I like to vary my training and like training this way with different rep ranges thru the workout.
    Last edited by ausnat4; August 18th, 2007 at 04:29 AM.

different exercises have different ideal rep ranges. programs are different becouse of the order and type of exercises in them week to week + what intensity techniques are used, if any. even if you like training a certain way, the best way to break through a plateau is by switching things up and trying something new. i personally favor pre-exhaust training most of the time, which makes me the vice versa, but this program is next on my list to try.

Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by ausnat4 View Post
    But i've seen in his training thread where some of the articles (which i think are awesome) lay down this exact type training program im not sure weather its for beginners or what but on them it says 6-8 reps for one exercise then 8-10 the next and upto 12-15 reps or vice versa can anyone clear this up?I like to vary my training and like training this way with different rep ranges thru the workout.

I haven't seen the articles or the training thread but it doesnt look exactly the same to me at all . Anything over 4-6 reps and it's a different game. It's under that that the big gain reaps really happen and the weight should increase. and then a follow up rest cycle where the LMM gains should keep coming as bf decreases.

It looks like a pre- hypertrophy cash-in phase cycle where it's trying to set up for a PR. I imagine that over 3 - 4 cycles changing gears over each , it could probably very slowly produce some amazing results. I still like my own program better though for faster results and bigger gains, but I just I'll just have to give it a bit of time to find out exactly how effective it really is compared to this.
    Last edited by Blooming lotus; August 18th, 2007 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ausnat4 View Post
    In my earlier pieces I would recommend the rep ranges you mentioned for REP RANGE week, but later found it more productive to expand the ranges further to: 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-20. This came about after several years of experimentation with competitive bodybuilders and athletes.
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

On Monday I will post "POWER-REP RANGE-SHOCK: Variations and Advanced Techniques" in this thread.
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

thanks for clearing that up guys

On Monday I will post "POWER-REP RANGE-SHOCK: Variations and Advanced Techniques" in this thread.
    sweet

Somebody should pay you for this stuff, Eric.

Boss Blechman???

Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post

Boss Blechman???

Priceless!
    We have a poll thread in the No Bull section petitioning the powers that be to have Eric write a natural column in MD. Feel free to vote
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Eric, is there anyway you can post the Ironman article where Ron Harris interviews you? I must have lost it when we moved into our new house.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post

Boss Blechman???

Priceless!
    Very nice of you to say. Let's hope exactly that happens!
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Page 10 of 204 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast