Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 204 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Results 188 to 204 of 3454

Thread: "The Truth" w/ Eric Broser (Q&A and Training Articles)

  1. #188
    Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V Shredder View Post
    Ok. Stupid question but: how about smith machine for bench during Power week? Just askin cause my gym is BUSY and sometimes you gotta make due. Just wondering if I should go ahead and wait for the DBs or not.


    Man I really need to get a partner.


    I just forwarded this very Pt2 to a buddy of mine here at work, Eric. Guy is 6'5 470 and is all old school. Man he lit up like a christmas tree at GE Electric when he saw it.
    Yes, the Smith is a viable option. I do most of my incline pressing on a Smith.

    470 lbs? That is on BIG light bulb!
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

  2. #189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bodyfx2 View Post
    Good stuff Hoss!

    Yes, bring the elbows up no higher than shoulder level. As soon as you break that plane the traps will take over. Also, try a grip just wider than shoulder width.
    Well...I learned from THE BEST!

  3. #190
    Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V Shredder View Post
    Just rub it in, why dontcha......
    Well, I wish I could throw some of my chest on my calves!
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

  4. #191
    Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Well...I learned from THE BEST!
    Thank you...and now you have become a master teacher yourself.
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

  5. #192
    Beach Body Gabri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    768

    Default

    As all your articles.....GREAT ADVICES ERIC!!!
    Before to search complicated strategies to improve, first we have to start from the basic....
    Good job buddy

  6. #193
    Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Just out of curosity, for those who use smith machines or Nautilis or whathaveyou, how is that tranferring to free weight lifts in actual weight?
    i might come back and make another thread because i think different ppl will've had different experiences. It should be fun to see why.

  7. #194
    Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabri View Post
    As all your articles.....GREAT ADVICES ERIC!!!
    Before to search complicated strategies to improve, first we have to start from the basic....
    Good job buddy
    Always great to hear from you Gabri. Thank you.
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

  8. #195
    Juggernaut Toddbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca.
    Posts
    9,853

    Default

    Eric do you have any idea if Halodrol is affected by taking fish/flax oils at the same time? I just thought of this since after meal 3 I take my multi, essential fats, and if on, Halodrol.

  9. #196
    Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toddbz View Post
    Eric do you have any idea if Halodrol is affected by taking fish/flax oils at the same time? I just thought of this since after meal 3 I take my multi, essential fats, and if on, Halodrol.
    If anything the addition of fats normally makes absorption even better.
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

  10. #197
    Amateur Threat Ninja Loco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    14,868

    Default

    Bump.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

  11. #198
    Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blooming lotus View Post
    Just out of curosity, for those who use smith machines or Nautilis or whathaveyou, how is that tranferring to free weight lifts in actual weight?
    i might come back and make another thread because i think different ppl will've had different experiences. It should be fun to see why.
    My weights from a Smith Machine to free weights are relatively close, but from all other machines, especially those that are pin loaded, the weights are very different. There really is no comparing machines to free weights as far as weight lifted is concerned.
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

  12. #199
    Made Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    347

    Default

    eric do you keep a training log , or do you go by feel when picking weights and exercises?

  13. #200
    Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fast-twitch View Post
    eric do you keep a training log , or do you go by feel when picking weights and exercises?
    I really kind of keep a mental journal at this point, but I recommend a written journal to most...especially beginners and intermediates.

    I no longer attempt to lift heavier weights at this point in my career, but rather look to increase focus, concentration, as well as varying lifting speeds, grips, angles and ROM.
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

  14. #201
    Made Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bodyfx2 View Post
    I really kind of keep a mental journal at this point, but I recommend a written journal to most...especially beginners and intermediates.

    I no longer attempt to lift heavier weights at this point in my career, but rather look to increase focus, concentration, as well as varying lifting speeds, grips, angles and ROM.
    im almost in the same boat , i have been lifting for 4 years serious now and everytime i try to keep one it just becomes a hassal , also sometimes a disapointment when i don't hit my last mark. since im always changing things up ect ( and starting p/rr/s soon ) like you said im looking for concentration , focus , the contraction , and the muscle being worked under the heavest weight i can use in that rep range , the weight is only a tool to me , its not the reson why i lift it. just seems like everyone reomends it , never really saw the big fus about it , good to know im not the only one.

  15. #202

    Default

    Fast-twitch, I think it's still important to continue to increase weights at this point. You must remember, bodyfx has been training for 20+ years and knows his body better than probably anyone else on here knows his/her body. He is an elite athlete that can increase intensity just by focus. He is also AMAZINGLY STRONG at this point.

    We are not in the same boat. Yes we need to increase mental focus, etc... to increase intensity, however, we should also strive to continue to get stronger adn stronger.

  16. #203
    Juggernaut Toddbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca.
    Posts
    9,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bodyfx2 View Post
    If anything the addition of fats normally makes absorption even better.
    Cool beans.

  17. #204
    Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5,069
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Fast-twitch, I think it's still important to continue to increase weights at this point. You must remember, bodyfx has been training for 20+ years and knows his body better than probably anyone else on here knows his/her body. He is an elite athlete that can increase intensity just by focus. He is also AMAZINGLY STRONG at this point.

    We are not in the same boat. Yes we need to increase mental focus, etc... to increase intensity, however, we should also strive to continue to get stronger adn stronger.
    Great post Hoss. Very insightful.

    Fast-twitch...I must say that I DO like your thought process about lifting. It's not always just about getting a weight from point A to point B, but also HOW you move it there.
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Page 12 of 204 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •