Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 204 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Truth" w/ Eric Broser (Q&A and Training Articles)

As usual, GREAT stuff Eric.

Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    As usual, GREAT stuff Eric.
    Thanks Hoss!
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Chest day is tomorrow! I think the video is great advise. Since I know what good form is supposed to be, but who knows if I'm using it.
    Another great contribution.
    XXL here I come lol

*printing*

Great stuff again, Eric. I do back and biceps but I have a very weak chest still. Should I isolate chest for one workout or can I do this workout but with 2 working sets instead of three? Proly splitting hairs, but.....
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Toddbz View Post
    Chest day is tomorrow! I think the video is great advise. Since I know what good form is supposed to be, but who knows if I'm using it.
    Another great contribution.
    XXL here I come lol
    Thank you my friend. More to come!
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Quote Originally Posted by V Shredder View Post
    *printing*

Great stuff again, Eric. I do back and biceps but I have a very weak chest still. Should I isolate chest for one workout or can I do this workout but with 2 working sets instead of three? Proly splitting hairs, but.....
    When one has a weak bodypart it often can be overcome with more stimulation than just one day per week...at least for a short time.

You could do one full chest workout and one "mini-chest" workout per week (with 50% normal volume) for a period of about 6 weeks and see how that works.

I normally train each bodypart just once per week, but often during the year will cycle a 2nd short workout in for a different muscle group once every 4 weeks or so.
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

What about full body routines... either a powerlifting-type day or a full body tension workout. I usually wrap these around a carb cycle but they have other benefits...

I need to look it up, but aside from giving every muscle a second jolt (either through agonist, antagonist or supporting recruitment)... I remember reading studies about a strong growth stimulus from full body routines - due to heavy lactate production and subsequently high endogenous hormone secretion.

I believe bodybuilders grow and frequently underestimate the results from working through the entire body every once in awhile... a big mistake beginners even make as they try to mimic elite workouts.

Great stuff Eric love this thread..Mmm have i said that before..

Hey myself and Warrior have both posted previously how we have always

tried to bring our scapula together and roll the delts back, But i would like

to know your thoughts on training with your feet up on the bench ala Arnie

style..Personally i have always found this way to hit the pecs just that little

bit harder...interested in yours and others here's thoughts on it...

Keep up the good work bro....

Quote Originally Posted by dlew6969 View Post
    Great stuff Eric love this thread..Mmm have i said that before..

Hey myself and Warrior have both posted previously how we have always

tried to bring our scapula together and roll the delts back, But i would like

to know your thoughts on training with your feet up on the bench ala Arnie

style..Personally i have always found this way to hit the pecs just that little

bit harder...interested in yours and others here's thoughts on it...

Keep up the good work bro....
    I will never argue with someone that tells me that something is working for them, even when it is against what I feel is true. For example, in general, I believe (from knowledge and experience) that for 95% of lifters a lower volume/higher intensity training method works best. However, if someone tells me that they do not get much out of that method and only grow with more sets, reps, etc, I will not dispute it. I will only ask if he or she gave a fair trial to another method before coming to that realization.

My point basically is that I feel that in order to accomplish optimal body positioning (slight arch in lower back, rib cage high, shoulders down and back) for pectoral stimulation during training, the feet should be planted on the floor. I also feel that this creates a more solid foundation of balance, allowing your mind/body to focus more neural drive into better chest activation.

That said, if YOU and Warrior have tried both methods...feet on floor and feet on bench...and honestly feel that your chest works harder using the latter technique I cannot dispute that. I cannot get inside your head and know what you feel.

So, perhaps, for you, for whatever reason, you get more benefit from the way you do it. I would only say that you would be more the exception than the rule.

Hey, most people feel that BB Squats are the king of quad exercises, and that Hacks and Leg Presses are inferior movements. However, I NEVER got anything out of BB Squats and get far more development from other quads movements. Exceptions to some bodybuilding "rules" do exist.
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

See for me BB squats just nail my hamstrings, glutes, and abductors but do little for my whole quad. Leg presses stimulate some quad (mostly outer for me), but hacks...now those babies absolutely fry my entire quad. Plus I find them to be a bit safer than free weight front squats. Although I do those every other week to keep it fresh and as a power movement.

Quote Originally Posted by bodyfx2 View Post
    I will never argue with someone that tells me that something is working for them, even when it is against what I feel is true. For example, in general, I believe (from knowledge and experience) that for 95% of lifters a lower volume/higher intensity training method works best. However, if someone tells me that they do not get much out of that method and only grow with more sets, reps, etc, I will not dispute it. I will only ask if he or she gave a fair trial to another method before coming to that realization.

My point basically is that I feel that in order to accomplish optimal body positioning (slight arch in lower back, rib cage high, shoulders down and back) for pectoral stimulation during training, the feet should be planted on the floor. I also feel that this creates a more solid foundation of balance, allowing your mind/body to focus more neural drive into better chest activation.

That said, if YOU and Warrior have tried both methods...feet on floor and feet on bench...and honestly feel that your chest works harder using the latter technique I cannot dispute that. I cannot get inside your head and know what you feel.

So, perhaps, for you, for whatever reason, you get more benefit from the way you do it. I would only say that you would be more the exception than the rule.

Hey, most people feel that BB Squats are the king of quad exercises, and that Hacks and Leg Presses are inferior movements. However, I NEVER got anything out of BB Squats and get far more development from other quads movements. Exceptions to some bodybuilding "rules" do exist.
    Thanks very much bro for your insight,I do plant my feet on the ground for

my heaviest sets for stability reasons...

Also just to clear my post up,I didn't mean Warrior advocates feet up on

the bench.I'm not sure which way he prefers..Just thought i would clear

that up before Warrior jumps on my back and says "Hey, I never said that"
    lol.....

Thanks very much bro for your insight,I do plant my feet on the ground for

my heaviest sets for stability reasons...

Also just to clear my post up,I didn't mean Warrior advocates feet up on

the bench.I'm not sure which way he prefers..Just thought i would clear

that up before Warrior jumps on my back and says "Hey, I never said that"
    lol.....
    What the fuck!?!

Just playin'... I don't do the feet up on the bench, but I do pull the shoulders back to protrude the chest a bit, like you said.

I believe you need a solid stance and putting your feet up on the bench recrutis too much stability muscles which subsequently distracts focus away from the pecs - the agonist for the movement. Benching with your feet up might be good for someone trying to build up total-body functional strength (such as for sport-specific training or general fitness)... but if maximum size/strength is the goal... it's simply too flimsy - I could never go over four plates with my feet up... but like Eric said, whateva works - as long as your system allows you to progress, roll with it until it's exhausted...

And there it is ...Thanks Warrior..

And there it is ...Thanks Warrior..
    It's all good... it took me a bit to respond as I have just wasted about 10 minutes of my life playing with this youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    It's all good... it took me a bit to respond as I have just wasted about 10 minutes of my life playing with this youngster.
    Oops there goes my 10 mins.....

Little hint, That shirt just wont get higher no matter how hard i try......

Thanks for clearing that up guys. Maybe I am the one who misread.
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Quote Originally Posted by bodyfx2 View Post
    When one has a weak bodypart it often can be overcome with more stimulation than just one day per week...at least for a short time.

You could do one full chest workout and one "mini-chest" workout per week (with 50% normal volume) for a period of about 6 weeks and see how that works.

I normally train each bodypart just once per week, but often during the year will cycle a 2nd short workout in for a different muscle group once every 4 weeks or so.
    Eric, when you do these short cycles of a 2nd "mini" workout (instead of 8-10 sets, 4-5 I'm assuming) do you do only 1 body part at a time (ie chest) or do you do 2 (ie chest & hamstrings)?

Page 4 of 204 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast