Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 204 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Truth" w/ Eric Broser (Q&A and Training Articles)

Coach, I should look for a "PRE COACH BROSER" Era pic of me and a current pic to post so people can see what P/RR/S DOES!

Quote Originally Posted by bodyfx2 View Post
    I will do my best to continue adding more solid articles to that thread. I will also answer all PRRS questions on this thread.

My new training method...FDFS...will be presented in the next issue of Iron Man as well.
    O.k. I have to ask, what does FDFS stand for?
    I'm definitely getting ready for a change in the routine. This sounds simple to follow and I certainly could make some good progress doing this.
    Thanks Big E.

Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Coach, I should look for a "PRE COACH BROSER" Era pic of me and a current pic to post so people can see what P/RR/S DOES!
    That would be pretty cool.
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Quote Originally Posted by Toddbz View Post
    O.k. I have to ask, what does FDFS stand for?
    I'm definitely getting ready for a change in the routine. This sounds simple to follow and I certainly could make some good progress doing this.
    Thanks Big E.
    Fiber DAMAGE Fiber SATURATION Training
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Fiber DAMAGE Fiber SATURATION Training
    Now will this be a completely new system or something to use in conjunction with P/RR/S?
    This is coming out in the Sept. Iron Man?

Now will this be a completely new system or something to use in conjunction with P/RR/S?
    This is coming out in the Sept. Iron Man?
    This is to be used as an adjunct to PRRS for short mass building periods of 3-5 weeks.

This will be in the Oct Iron Man, as the Sept one is on stands now.
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

The September Ironman kicks ass. Just got it the other day and read teh interview with Eric. I knew most of the answers before he answered because I read everthing he writes and bother him constantly with questions myself...but I thought Steve Hohlman did an amazing job of picking very good questions that I think most P/RR/S'ers would have.

Great job E and sweet BEAST ad right in the middle fo the article

This is to be used as an adjunct to PRRS for short mass building periods of 3-5 weeks.

This will be in the Oct Iron Man, as the Sept one is on stands now.
    Got ya. I've found myself to be what I call a collector of information. I'm excited to see what kind of new frontier you've discovered now.

what would the frequency be of this training system ie 3 days a week or 4 or 5.

can it be made up for a whole body workout, or is an upper/lower split preferable.

Sounds like an interesting concept. However, Why would you neglect a muscle fiber type each week. Don't you think training each muscle fiber type with varied reps every week will produce the greatest gains. Instead you are neglecting different muscle fibers each week you train. Why not train 4-5 sets of 1-5 rep, 4-5 sets of 6-12 reps, then 4-5 sets of 15 or more reps all within the same workout each week. In order to prevent stagnation simply change up the order of the exercises or even add a different exercise each week. I would have to agree with Layne Norton's concept.

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    The September Ironman kicks ass. Just got it the other day and read teh interview with Eric. I knew most of the answers before he answered because I read everthing he writes and bother him constantly with questions myself...but I thought Steve Hohlman did an amazing job of picking very good questions that I think most P/RR/S'ers would have.

Great job E and sweet BEAST ad right in the middle fo the article
    Thanks my friend!
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Got ya. I've found myself to be what I call a collector of information. I'm excited to see what kind of new frontier you've discovered now.
    Its pretty exciting stuff!
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Quote Originally Posted by bigock View Post
    what would the frequency be of this training system ie 3 days a week or 4 or 5.

can it be made up for a whole body workout, or is an upper/lower split preferable.
    It can be used for any body part split. I personally prefer to train 4 days per week, but others have adapted PRRS to 3, 4, 5 and even 6 day per week training.
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Quote Originally Posted by cbower420 View Post
    Sounds like an interesting concept. However, Why would you neglect a muscle fiber type each week. Don't you think training each muscle fiber type with varied reps every week will produce the greatest gains. Instead you are neglecting different muscle fibers each week you train. Why not train 4-5 sets of 1-5 rep, 4-5 sets of 6-12 reps, then 4-5 sets of 15 or more reps all within the same workout each week. In order to prevent stagnation simply change up the order of the exercises or even add a different exercise each week. I would have to agree with Layne Norton's concept.
    I have never had a person come back to me and say that PRRS isn't the most effective training program they have ever used for long term and continuous gains.

However, if something else works for you, or my friend Layne, I will not dispute it.
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Eric, it was shoulders last night, and after reading your article i decided to give the 'wide grip, upright rows' a try.

this was the last excercise of the day so my shoulders were already pumped, i did feel it working my delts, but this morning my traps are aching.

ive had great progress in the past with close grip upright rows for my traps, i guess i mustve been raising the bar too high?

i made sure my elbows were always above my hands, and i thought that i wasnt raising the bar that high. could you give me an indication on where you would raise the bar to? upper chest? neck? chin?

my delts need working on a lot more than my traps and i would like to avoid my traps getting hit if at all possible.

Ortski,
    I had this same problem when I started working with Eric. I'm NOT Eric, but I think his recommendation would be to bring your triceps even with your shoulder (upper arm parrallel with floor) and no higher. THis should keep the traps out of the movement, for hte most part.

BTW, when I started incorporating these into my shoulder routine regularly my shoulders began to really blow up. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Hoss!

i will make sure i try it out that way next time

Page 9 of 204 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast