Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Breast implants for bodybuilders

Spotter

Default Breast implants for bodybuilders

Questions to any other FBBs or surgeons experienced in performing this procedure on FBBs:

1. Should the implants be placed over or under the muscle if the girl wishes to carry on lifting?

2. Does the girl have to come off AAS for the operation or are non-aromatizing AAS like tren & primo ok? (I was told to stay on them for my knee surgery)

3. How long after the operation before the girl can do curling movements (I've heard it's less time than chest)?

4. How long after the op before the girl is able to fully train again, doing bench, skulls, pullups etc?

5. How long after the op before the girl can swim?

6. What is a good returning to training program post surgery?

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

When I had my small boobies implanted, I was advised behind the muscle would be easier for future mammograms and also gives a better natural look if that is what I was going for ....the doc told me wait 4 weeks after surgery providing there was no healing problems then I could go ahead and do light lifting and cardio....nothing extreme and that it would take a few months to get back to where I was at in lifting that was 10 years ago.

Dont know about AAS and staying on or off...dont do use them but ya might want to just ask the plastic surgeon if you go in for consultation. He is the best person to ask for all your inquires.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    When I had my small boobies implanted, I was advised behind the muscle would be easier for future mammograms and also gives a better natural look if that is what I was going for ....the doc told me wait 4 weeks after surgery providing there was no healing problems then I could go ahead and do light lifting and cardio....nothing extreme and that it would take a few months to get back to where I was at in lifting that was 10 years ago.

Dont know about AAS and staying on or off...dont do use them but ya might want to just ask the plastic surgeon if you go in for consultation. He is the best person to ask for all your inquires.
    Wow, thanks Little Mama So having boobies behind the muscle hasn't limited your ability to train chest in any way? BTW you look freakin' awesome for someone who doesn't use AAS (well, you look awesome period, but y'know what I mean) so props to you.

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Gunsablazin thanks and as too your answer whether it has hinder my training chest, that would be a no...doing good and have no problems doing chest exercises but again we are all different and some will get right back into the swing of things after having implants with enough time but them others have had problems with implants shifting of getting Capsular Contracture. Below is an explanation of what a caspular contracture consist of along with a link with possible risk. when you click link below and arrive to the site, you will see on the right side of screen all the possible risk related to implants. Do take into consideration you may or may not experience any sides it all depends on the body's ability to heal and whether it accepts the foreign object or rejects it.

http://www.justbreastimplants.com/ri...ontracture.htm
    Capsular Contracture Overview

What is capsular contracture?
    When breast implants, or any other foreign object, are placed in the body, the body forms a lining around it. This lining, or capsule, is formed by your own living tissue. Many people refer to this lining as the "capsule", "tissue capsule", or "scar capsule", although it is not exactly the same thing as scar tissue. This is the body's natural response to a foreign object.

Capsule contracture, the most common complication of breast augmentation surgery, can happen at any time, but seems to be more common in the first several months after surgery. At the time of the initial surgery, a pocket is made for the implant. During the healing process, a capsule forms, which is comprised of fibrous tissue. The body is genetically programmed to shrink scar tissue somewhat. Under normal conditions, the pocket remains open, thus allowing the implant to look and feel natural. However, in some people, the capsule will tighten, and squeeze the implant. This makes the breast implant feel hard, and distorts the appearance of the breast. In the later stages, the implant feels very firm, and may take on a "ball-like" look. It is important to remember that it is not the implant that has hardened. The shrinking of the capsule compresses the implant, causing it to feel firm/hard. However, once the implant is removed, it is just as soft as it was the day it was inserted.

What causes capsular contracture?
    Currently, the causes for capsule contracture are still very unclear. The following are thought to put you at greater risk for developing capsule contracture:
    1) Transient germ contamination. Germ contamination and/or long-term bacterial contamination of the implant shell can cause an inflammatory reaction, thus leading to the shrinking of the capsule.
    2) Subglandular placement. Breast implants placed above the muscle tend to have higher capsular contracture rates, versus breast implants placed in behind the muscle, also known as submuscular placement.
    3) Infection. Capsule contracture seems to be more likely following an infection.
    4) Seroma. If you have had seroma, you may be at more risk for capsular contracture.
    5) Hematoma. Hematomas can cause an inflammatory reaction, which can lead to capsule contracture.
    6) Smoking. Smoking decreases the oxygen levels in the blood, which could result in delayed healing, and possibly an inflammatory reaction.

Baker Grading System - 4 Grades of Capsular Contracture

Baker Grade 1 - The breast is normally soft, and looks natural. (Basically, we all have this, since we all have a "capsule".) It is only when the capsule starts shrinking/contracting that capsule contracture occurs.

Baker Grade II - The breast is a little firm, but appears natural.

Baker Grade III - The breast is firm, and is beginning to appear distorted in shape.

Baker Grade IV - The breast is hard, and has become quite distorted in shape. Pain/discomfort may be associated with this level of capsule contracture.

Spotter

Interesting. I'd always thought submuscular implants would have been more problematic than subglandular, but according to this, not so.