Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: In the Trenches with Shawn Robinson

Default In the Trenches with Shawn Robinson

With less than 1 week away from the METS show in New York, bodybuilder Shawn Robinson talks about his final prep.* Robinson and his prep coach talk about his cardio and the finishing touches that need to be made before the show.

Shawn explains his philosophy on back training and describes his supplement stack from his sponsor BPI Nutrition.

Cool vid, I like the guys attitude. He looks a little heavy to my eyes but I know brother Fak ALWAYS gets his guys hard so I have faith Shawn will look good come April 9th!

Soft as fuck for 1 week out :-\

Default analyze your whole "team Robinson"

I've seen Shawn train at Gold's Gym in Deer Park and why he left there to train at Bev's I don't know. Switching to that gym is not going to make you a champion. Look at Max Charles, what did it do for him....nothing. I'm not knocking down that gym, but most people seem to think that way. Shawn you have to really analyze your whole "team Robinson" and start making some changes. Just by watching this video of you one or two weeks out the first thing that I would do is get rid of that trainer/prep coach. The first thing that I noticed was the cell phone ear piece that he had. That to me is very disrespectful and tells me that if he get a phone call in the middle of him training you he will take that call and have you wait. Most people would agree that he has you doing WAY WAY TOO MUCH CARDIO. All that cardio is making you look smooth and flat. If you say that he's making changes to your diet all the time then he's knows that he's doing something wrong and what he's doing with you is not working. If you have been training for a number of years why would you pay someone to train you when you already know how to workout. He shows no motivation what so ever towards your workout. What you need is a good solid training partner that's intense and can push you through this. Hey listen, i've been doing this for over 25 years, Shawn your a nice guy just because someone is an IFBB pro doesn't mean that he can work wonders.Look at Milos Sarcev and how many pros he worked with and they all left him because he was messing them up and taking their money. Make the necessary changes and you'll see yourself winning shows.
    Last edited by ELITESPORTS; April 6th, 2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: DIDN'T FINISH

Quote Originally Posted by ELITESPORTS View Post
    I've seen Shawn train at Gold's Gym in Deer Park and why he left there to train at Bev's I don't know. Switching to that gym is not going to make you a champion. Look at Max Charles, what did it do for him....nothing. I'm not knocking down that gym, but most people seem to think that way. Shawn you have to really analyze your whole "team Robinson" and start making some changes. Just by watching this video of you one or two weeks out the first thing that I would do is get rid of that trainer/prep coach. The first thing that I noticed was the cell phone ear piece that he had. That to me is very disrespectful and tells me that if he get a phone call in the middle of him training you he will take that call and have you wait. Most people would agree that he has you doing WAY WAY TOO MUCH CARDIO. All that cardio is making you look smooth and flat. If you say that he's making changes to your diet all the time then he's knows that he's doing something wrong and what he's doing with you is not working. If you have been training for a number of years why would you pay someone to train you when you already know how to workout. He shows no motivation what so ever towards your workout. What you need is a good solid training partner that's intense and can push you through this. Hey listen, i've been doing this for over 25 years, Shawn your a nice guy just because someone is an IFBB pro doesn't mean that he can work wonders.Look at Milos Sarcev and how many pros he worked with and they all left him because he was messing them up and taking their money. Make the necessary changes and you'll see yourself winning shows.
    WOW! You wanna talk about dropping a bomb!?!?
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

IFBB Pro/Prep Coach/Team MD Fakhri Mubarak's Avatar

WOW.....Blame the coach? All I can do is put protocols together. I don’t live with my clients nor can I put my heart and desire into them. So if I turned 22 clients pro over the last 4 years and both Kai Greene and Victor Martinez were recommended to work with me (ask around) this year after leaving their respected coaches by well respected people in the industry how would you analyze 1 of my clients not being in shape? Please tell me….. You say you have 25 years in this sport, correct? Why don’t you ask people that really know bodybuilding what my reputation is in this sport not only as a contest prep guru but as a person who cares for his athletes? When you’re a tad bit off you blame the coach. When you’re not in shape it’s not a professional coach’s fault (I can’t turn 22 people pro and have 11 IFBB Pros I’m prepping and be retard) it’s a personal dilemma with diet or cardio, a hormonal problem or bad bodybuilding supplements. You seem to be a long island residents why don’t you ask people in your inner circle that know everyone you mentioned in your respond how they go about their bodybuilding. As a matter of fact ask people from MD, Bev Francis Gym and Deer Park Gold’s any questions you want and none of them will dent my reputation as a coach and person…………
    fficeffice" />>You have been doing this for 25 years and you have prepped yourself so how many shows have you won? Please tell me your a IFBB Pro after 25 years of bodybuilding? If not call me and i'll help you as well , lol.....People are funny and love selling dreams.....>

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Hey Fakhri do you have some clients in the ny pro? Thanks for posting and sharing your insights into contest prep!

Brother that’s not being flat or holding water. You should know that after 25 years in this sport. Let’s not forget I’ve turned natural bodybuilders into IFBB Pros and they don’t have the benefits of bodybuilding meds, peptides and / or thyroid meds to burn fat and get them hard. So they need to do cardio to burn off body fat unless they are taking DNP or using high amounts of t3 and only doing 20 - 30 mins of cardio a day only. Ask Phil Heath or Jay how much cardio they do. It’s not 20 mins a dayfficeffice" />>>

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Hey Fakhri do you have some clients in the ny pro? Thanks for posting and sharing your insights into contest prep!
    Whats up Mayor? Hows everything? I will be at the NY Pro. I dont have anyone doing that show.

in the ocean, 20 foot waves I’m assuming it’s off the coast of South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakhri Mubarak View Post
    Whats up Mayor? Hows everything? I will be at the NY Pro. I dont have anyone doing that show.
    Look Fakhri , ill take one for the team and let you help me out and then we can show everyone whats up , especially 2 post Elite