Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CEDRIC MCMILLAN WINS 2011 Europa Show of Champions Orlando RESULTS, Scorecard & Videos

Hold on.... isn't this a contest, and not a competition ? Seems to me that means subjective judges versus objective criteria.

The whole idea is to have the best presentation of the body, right ? Otherwise, the men would merely flex the mandatory poses alone on stage, each one with the same lighting, no music at all, and take a bodyfat immersion test to see who is the "biggest and most shredded".

How many men have fallen 2 or 3 spots because their skin dye was off color (too orange, too light, too golden, etc.), or had oil running down their back, or didn't notice the dude next to them was 5" taller? Mix in the old argument of "pure slabs of beef" vs. "pleasing lines and insertions", too ; a good stage show can override what a man may lack initially in the judges' eyes, or the audience eyes.

In the end it lies in the mind of a judge. Fact and figures ain't all that important -- the winner stands upon opinion.

Glad to see Ced win this one.

Iron Addict

wtf was that mass on the midsection,looked like something out of aliens,i was waiting to see a monster rip out
    There's nothing I'm afraid of like scared people.
    - Robert Frost

Have to say though, Haley had the most entertaining routine, but that doesn't mean anything these days.

Congrats to Cedric on his win - and he looked good this weekend - but personally I dont think he has made the progress from his NPC win he needs to really mix it at the top level.
    If I was advising Ced I would take the rest of the year off to train and come back next year having filled out that frame.

Ced won the NPC with a ton of potential, but he is still very much potential rather than realisation.

Congrats to Cedric on his first pro win. However, i still believe that Mishin deserve no worse than second.
    Satisfaction is good. Pride is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    How is Ken Jones a pro...?
    He's more than 50, he might have got his pro card in the 70s....

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_A View Post
    Congrats to Cedric on his first pro win. However, i still believe that Mishin deserve no worse than second.
    Cedric - Men classic bodybuilding...

Quote Originally Posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
    someone who looks good won a show?that is weird
    I know I don't know what the judges were thinking, this does not compute.... were they just having an off day I mean whats the deal?

CONGRATS Big Cedric....good for him!!!

Eugene should have been 2nd
    Khalid 3rd

How the hell did Liberatore place so high? He looked like a 202 guy up there. His legs are too short, torso too long, color was off, no oil blah blah??? Crazy!!!
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Can someone fill me in on the tragedy that happened to Ced and his family? He said he lost his gains because of it, so I'm wondering what he's referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by TX_Iron View Post
    Hold on.... isn't this a contest, and not a competition ? Seems to me that means subjective judges versus objective criteria.

The whole idea is to have the best presentation of the body, right ? Otherwise, the men would merely flex the mandatory poses alone on stage, each one with the same lighting, no music at all, and take a bodyfat immersion test to see who is the "biggest and most shredded".

How many men have fallen 2 or 3 spots because their skin dye was off color (too orange, too light, too golden, etc.), or had oil running down their back, or didn't notice the dude next to them was 5" taller? Mix in the old argument of "pure slabs of beef" vs. "pleasing lines and insertions", too ; a good stage show can override what a man may lack initially in the judges' eyes, or the audience eyes.

In the end it lies in the mind of a judge. Fact and figures ain't all that important -- the winner stands upon opinion.
    Yes, its true. judges must use objective criteria (IFBB judging rules) to judge a contest. But their ultimate decision and what each judge wants to value more in a bodybuilder (may this be size, condition, symmetry) is totally subjective. That is up to the judge to decide alone. Now, being that said and the fact that the winner is decided by a judging panel, doesn't mean that the judges will make always the best decision. They can have flaws, like everyone else.

Congrats to Cedric, dude's got a great physique and also a great personality.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @animalpak @universalusa

Dedicated Noob

congrats to cedric, but Eugene should had second, Mike 3rd and Marcus 4. I don't know what the judges have against Robert Piotrkowicz but they have not gave him a right placing yet. The Big question here is how is cedric going to do at the N.Y. and the O? Because the competition is much greater. Will see

Glad to see that someone won a bbding competition and doesnt have a turtleshell gut to go with the size. Hope Cedric McMillan lives up to Kevin Levrone's expectations. I thought the guy looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    Mishin won this show. He should build himself a trophy as the rightful winner for being bigger, harder, and more ripped than anyone at that show. Politics.
    LOL

Mishin got schooled. This forum has spoken: Cedric was the clear winner.
    "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology ... Better. Stronger. Faster."

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by ramboelgrande View Post
    it was so clear that Mishin won look at the pic, cedric first shame on them , mishin keep up head up!!!
    ROFL

Cedric owns him with ease.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast