Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Pro Figure & Bikini Championships Play-by-Play Featuring Video Coverage by FitnessRx

Default Pittsburgh Pro Figure & Bikini Championships Play-by-Play Featuring Video Coverage by FitnessRx

Bikini winner Jaime Baird, Figure winner Cheryl Brown and Kristen Nagrani Interviews now posted

Vanessa Wraps up the Finals in Pittsburgh

Vanessa Campbell with Kristen Nagrani in Pittsburgh

Figure winner Cheryl Brown with Vanessa Campbell

RESULTS:

Figure
    1. Cheryl Brown
    2. Heather Dees
    3. Kristen Nagrani
    4. Gennifer Strobo
    5. Candice John
    6. Alea Suarez
    7. Monica Specking
    8. Alicia Harris
    9. Mona Muresan
    10. Rachel Gichert
    11. Michelle Bates
    12. Sabrina Taylor
    13. Georgina Lona
    14. Ginette Delhaes
    15. Clarissa Castaneda

Bikini
    1. Jaime Baird
    2. Juliana Daniell
    3. Shelsea Montes
    4. Alison Rosen
    5. Natalie Pennington
    6. Jessica Jessie
    7. Jennifer Andrews
    8. Missy Coles
    9. Tianna Ta
    10. Justine Munro
    11. Genevieve Brodeur
    12. Vanessa Prebyl
    13. Brandy Leaver
    14. Jennifer Dietrick
    15. Michelle Lamb
    16. Nicole Moneer-Guerrero
    17. Lindsey Morrison

Welcome to MuscularDevelopement.com and FitnessRxmag.com's joint coverage of the
    2011 IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Figure and Bikini Championships!
    Presented by Optimal Nutrition and ABB Performance

It all kicks off Saturday May 7 at 11:00 am Eastern / 8:00 am Pacific right here as IFBB Pro Bikini competitor
    Vanessa Campbell and FitnessRxmag.com's Chief Editor Shoshana Pritzker
    give us all the prejudging action in the play-by-play plus video clips from the stage!!!

Also, drop into this thread for links to the latest video interviews and coverage posted on FitnessRxmag.com

CLICK HERE FOR WORKOUT PREP VIDEOS AND MORE CONTEST INFO

This is gearing up to be a great show, so keep checking back and follow along right here!

PRO FIGURE COMPETITORS

PRO BIKINI COMPETITORS

All these women rock.

And FYI, this following rant has nothing to do with any of these fine competitors who work their butts off (or on) to reach their goals and even help others to improve lives... it's just my rant on ideals and the way our country is going, simply in terms of one small aspect of our lives - fitness...

Lifetime Fitness is a fine example of more new age corporate bullshit and is not the ideal environment for most serious lifters/competitors/bodybuilders, let alone ANYONE else on a budget who is trying to go from obese to not obese. It pulls the shades over our eyes and muddies our view on "working out" and "health." With all of its new age amenities, it offers everything you could ask for, EXCEPT the personal CARE and ATTENTION that its members receive. Sure, they care about the money they throw in with memberships, an over-priced cafe, and salon. It's perfect for social hour, but the majority of the 13,000 memberships are dormant. Same across the country. But at least they have a steam room.

It's a shame too, because a lot of small mom and pop gyms have been pushed out, when in fact they are more "results" based than the after-work gathering that is Lifetime Fitness. And yet the people who REALLY need the help (obese individuals, etc.) will show up to a beautiful facility and leave without ever receiving what they really need... what our country really needs. With the exception of a couple trainers (and I mean TWO), who actually cared about their people rather than their people's money (and this is the case in any corporate gym), nobody in the facility shows true concern for their members' health or fitness. Instead, they push heart rate monitors and fitness tests at a fee, as if the joiner fee and monthly dues weren't enough. And so before you point the finger at the fat, lazy, unmotivated people who leave the gym without getting results, look first to the comfort culture that perpetuates itself in these mega-corporate facilities (LA Fitness, 24-hour fitness, etc.), where money coming in trumps results going out. This is not a personal choice issue, it is a social issue of what's being fed to us.

I suppose that has been the sad reality across our country, where marketing giants have the power and continue to chew away at people's pockets, but they lose that personal touch that my small gym has. Yes, everyone has the choice to be a member or not be a member, but again, dumbing-down health and fitness with all the beautiful amenities is not what this country needs to fight an obesity problem that affects the masses, devastates our cost of national healthcare, and increases the cost of health insurance to the point that average Joe cannot afford his or her own. To each his own, you may reply, but the corporate giants have also had an impact on the livelihoods of families and small business owners. And those small business owners pay more tax proportionately (that take care of roadways, municipal agencies, etc.) than the business giants who use tax loopholes to pay little. G.E. earned $4 billion in revenue last year and paid not a single dime in tax... if you think that's a joke, do your own research.

Corporations do many good things for this country, to include employing individuals. But they also have a social responsibility that they are not living up to. We must hold them accountable, just as they "claim" to hold us accountable on our fitness results.

So, what do I propose to fix the issue? SUPPORT SMALL GYMS. BRING BACK SMALL GYMS.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Pros go on at 11:00AM tomorrow. Vanessa and I will be here for the play-by-play, and Robbie will be doing live video clips. Interviews will follow pre-judging, and, of course, finals.

Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Adina Zanolli; May 7th, 2011 at 02:02 PM.

wantobebig

that vanessa campbell is one piece of ace.....

Quote Originally Posted by wantobebig View Post
    that vanessa campbell is one piece of ace.....
    I know from experience dude, you know what I mean?
    "It's dark, and the mayne is hot"

Have fun Sho!

wantobebig

Quote Originally Posted by boomermayne View Post
    I know from experience dude, you know what I mean?
    haha, chris farley was the shit!

@majrminer0 waht a f*ckin post! And i agree 100%! I am a personal trainer at a gym that I have been a member at for over a yr. now that is not much bigger than your average house but we have every piece of equipment you need to get results, and thats what our main goal is, to get our clients and members results! I would much rather help my clients feel btter about themselves, help them achieve their ideal physique and fitness level then have 2,000 clients and just worry about how much money i am bringing in. I feel that those who are motivated by the money fall out and don't last nearly as long as those who really CARE about the results their clients are getting and how they are improving in their lives everyday. Great post!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by YoungHOV View Post
    @majrminer0 waht a f*ckin post! And i agree 100%! I am a personal trainer at a gym that I have been a member at for over a yr. now that is not much bigger than your average house but we have every piece of equipment you need to get results, and thats what our main goal is, to get our clients and members results! I would much rather help my clients feel btter about themselves, help them achieve their ideal physique and fitness level then have 2,000 clients and just worry about how much money i am bringing in. I feel that those who are motivated by the money fall out and don't last nearly as long as those who really CARE about the results their clients are getting and how they are improving in their lives everyday. Great post!
    Thank you for taking the time to read and consider my post. I'm a trainer too, but I had to leave the mega gyms and go independent for the reasons you mentioned. I think we should all consider the health problems our nation's people face, and look to change the culture from "sell them products" to "help them." With a change in social responsibility, we will ultimately make this country the most fit country in the world, and along with that health comes mental health and prosperity. Everyone focuses on reactive medicine. What about proactive and long-term health solutions?!

Let's try to spread the word with fellow members of the fitness community.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Finally, the Pro portion of this show should begin shortly, starting with IFBB Pro Figure, I believe.

Amateur Men's Physique is stepping on stage now...
    Last edited by Adina Zanolli; May 7th, 2011 at 02:03 PM.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

No shockers here....Cheryl Brown is the biggest "name" and unless she comes in fat, she wont lose with Alicia Harris (smoking HOT) 2nd
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

IFBB Pro Figure is up first!

Let's get this started. IFBB Bikini Pro Vanessa Campbell and I are ready to go!

Last edited by Adina Zanolli; May 7th, 2011 at 02:04 PM.

Michelle Bates:
    VC: Her posing was good!
    LilSho: She's tighter than she was last week. Pretty suit.

Cheryl Brown:
    LilSho: Took home the win last week. Brought the same package here, but her midsection is not so cut. Smoother abs.
    MC: Yeah, her midsection is definitely not as tight as last week.

Clarissa Castaneda:

LilSho: Mexican diva, lol! Huge delts and tiny waist.
    VC: Looks nervous. Yeah, big delts and developed glutes.
    LilSho: Physique is not very pleasing.

Heather Dees:
    LilSho: Conditioning is on, though she has a bit of a thick waist.
    VC: Not a fan of the rainbow suit. Poses like a bikini chick somewhat.

Ginette Delhaes:

LilSho: She competed last week, as well. Looks good.

***Click the thumbnails to be taken to the complete gallery for each girl.***

Last edited by Adina Zanolli; May 7th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.

Rachel Gichert:
    LilSho: Smaller package. Could use more muscle.

Alicia Harris:
    LilSho: One of my favorites!
    VC: Love her suit color!
    LilSho: This new color is awesome - purple! A bit smoother than usual, though she carries a lot of muscle.

Candice John:
    LilSho: She placed top six last week. She always looks good from behind, with a nice v-taper.
    VC: She looks very pretty on stage!

Georgina Lona:
    LilSho: Another Mexican competitor. Green suit reminds me of sour green apple. I don't like it for the stage.
    VC: Yeah, the velvet material is a bit old school.

Mona Muresan:
    LilSho: Pro debut! Mona looks fabulous!
    VC: This girl is pretty.
    LilSho: Smooth midsection and lower body. Should go back to her old look.

Last edited by Adina Zanolli; May 7th, 2011 at 08:27 PM.

Kristen Nagrani:
    VC: Her tan is on point this week, as opposed to last week, and she looks super comfortable on stage. Posing is on point, too!
    LilSho: She is sparkling! Very pretty!

Monica Specking:
    LilSho: A new pro. Great shape! Conditioning is on point, but she is small from behind.
    VC: A little smaller than some of the other girls.

Gennifer Strobo:
    LilSho: She placed third last week. Looks great this week, as usual. Very tight package.

Alea Suarez:
    LilSho: Figure debut! Belongs on the figure stage!
    VC: I think it's a good change for her to do figure, but she could use a bit more muscle.
    LilSho: Agreed. Her tan is a bit light, too.

Sabrina Taylor:
    LilSho: Large upper body and thicker waist.
    VC: She looks very pretty on stage, though. Her face is pretty.
    LilSho: Yeah, she is pretty. Great smile!

Last edited by Adina Zanolli; May 7th, 2011 at 08:31 PM.

I'm rooting for Alicia Harris today, & hopefully she can get her 1st pro win.
    Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude. ~Ralph Marston

Comparisons:

VC: Alicia Harris looks a bit soft in the stomach area.
    LilSho: Yeah, she does, especially compared to her usual look - though the judges may like this look better? We will see.
    VC: Candice John could be a little tighter in the glutes. Kristen Nagrani looks awesome.
    LilSho: Kristen always looks great. Her shape is on point from behind. Oh, I like Monica Specking's look in the line-up.
    Last edited by Adina Zanolli; May 7th, 2011 at 02:08 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast