Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 46

Thread: Jay Cutler Poses at Cutler Classic & Ron Harris asks Jay "if he gets 5 will he call it quits?"

  1. #18
    Amateur Threat dirk1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Republic of South-Africa
    Posts
    1,061
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Jay is one cool cat and I hope he get's another title.
    If he decides to call it quits after the 2011 O I will still be a fan,He was top 2 for most of 10 years!!!
    Cup of tea for the big fella.....

  2. #19
    Behemoth Andrew.S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town , South Africa
    Posts
    1,589
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    230339_10150570153760276_14917350275_18337525_5622430_n.jpg

    Win or lose ..once or ten times....he is most definitely the best conditioned Mr Olympia of all time !!!
    OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST , I MISS MY MIND THE MOST !

  3. #20

    Default

    i hope jay does not hang it up.. that title is his as long as he wants it..

  4. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nissan200sx View Post
    230339_10150570153760276_14917350275_18337525_5622430_n.jpg

    Win or lose ..once or ten times....he is most definitely the best conditioned Mr Olympia of all time !!!
    I generally try not to comment when I don't agree with somebody, but jesus, this might be one of the dumbest statements of all time. Hello, have you ever heard of Dorian Yates? The man had no skin. Jay has been hit-and-miss his entire career. In 2007, his conditioning was atrocious and a semi-hard Victor Martinez out-conditioned him and rightfully deserved the title. Jay decided to push his look and show up soft and watery again in 2008, and lost the title to Dexter-- which, as you mentioned, should have NEVER happened based on size, which means only one thing-- CUTLER'S CONDITIONING SUCKED IN 2008!!!

    Not only is Jay NOT the "most conditioned Mr. Olympia of all time", he's not even close. When Ronnie was on, he DUSTED Jay in terms of conditioning. (And yes, Ronnie was off as frequently as he was on. That's not my point.) Jay's conditioning, on average, is hardly "great". Even today, Phil tends to dust him, Branch tends to dust him, Dexter tends to dust him, and up until 2 years ago, Kai dusted him too.

    Jay wins because he is big and freaky, end of story.

    -lifepulse

  5. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    I generally try not to comment when I don't agree with somebody, but jesus, this might be one of the dumbest statements of all time. Hello, have you ever heard of Dorian Yates? The man had no skin. Jay has been hit-and-miss his entire career. In 2007, his conditioning was atrocious and a semi-hard Victor Martinez out-conditioned him and rightfully deserved the title. Jay decided to push his look and show up soft and watery again in 2008, and lost the title to Dexter-- which, as you mentioned, should have NEVER happened based on size, which means only one thing-- CUTLER'S CONDITIONING SUCKED IN 2008!!!

    Not only is Jay NOT the "most conditioned Mr. Olympia of all time", he's not even close. When Ronnie was on, he DUSTED Jay in terms of conditioning. (And yes, Ronnie was off as frequently as he was on. That's not my point.) Jay's conditioning, on average, is hardly "great". Even today, Phil tends to dust him, Branch tends to dust him, Dexter tends to dust him, and up until 2 years ago, Kai dusted him too.

    Jay wins because he is big and freaky, end of story.

    -lifepulse
    You hit the nail on the obvious head lol Your absolutely right

  6. #23

    Default

    jay is funny. always comes on stage looking like a deer in the headlights. he's a great bodybuilder. hope his liver and other organs survive. scary some of the things happening to our pros today. look at levrone, wheeler...no more juicing. if it were harmless they'd both do it just recreationally. and, they look like you and me now. pretty cool.
    check out labrada - guy looks awesome!

  7. #24
    Behemoth Andrew.S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town , South Africa
    Posts
    1,589
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    I generally try not to comment when I don't agree with somebody, but jesus, this might be one of the dumbest statements of all time. Hello, have you ever heard of Dorian Yates? The man had no skin. Jay has been hit-and-miss his entire career. In 2007, his conditioning was atrocious and a semi-hard Victor Martinez out-conditioned him and rightfully deserved the title. Jay decided to push his look and show up soft and watery again in 2008, and lost the title to Dexter-- which, as you mentioned, should have NEVER happened based on size, which means only one thing-- CUTLER'S CONDITIONING SUCKED IN 2008!!!

    Not only is Jay NOT the "most conditioned Mr. Olympia of all time", he's not even close. When Ronnie was on, he DUSTED Jay in terms of conditioning. (And yes, Ronnie was off as frequently as he was on. That's not my point.) Jay's conditioning, on average, is hardly "great". Even today, Phil tends to dust him, Branch tends to dust him, Dexter tends to dust him, and up until 2 years ago, Kai dusted him too.

    Jay wins because he is big and freaky, end of story.

    -lifepulse

    I was referring to when Jay nails it , like 2009. Look at the picture that I posted with what I said and try to convince yourselves that Dorian or Ronnie ever looked that hard and dry ?!
    OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST , I MISS MY MIND THE MOST !

  8. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE MAN WITH THE PAPER View Post
    i am hoping for kai greene this year,not showing disrespect to jay or some shit.
    go rainbow.

  9. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nissan200sx View Post
    I was referring to when Jay nails it , like 2009. Look at the picture that I posted with what I said and try to convince yourselves that Dorian or Ronnie ever looked that hard and dry ?!
    Dorian ('94?) and Coleman ('01?) in their worst Olympia winning condition STILL beat Cutler in his best Olympia showing ('09)! Different league, Jay looked great in 2009 but that's the condition he should be in for EVERY Olympia he's won mate, which, as we know, hasn't happened!
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

  10. #27
    Behemoth Andrew.S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town , South Africa
    Posts
    1,589
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Jay has been inconsistent with his conditioning , but I personally still feel that he is a deserving champion. Just my humble opinion. Maybe I was a bit hasty in saying that he was the best conditioned ( might have had something to do with the glass of vodka I has in my hand ) , thing is, Jay isn't up against Ronnie or Dorian , so I think we need to take the comparisons with past champs out of the equation.
    OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST , I MISS MY MIND THE MOST !

  11. #28
    JP_RC
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nissan200sx View Post
    That is an outcome that I do not want to be reminded about !! Yes Jay wasn't at his best , and as good as Dexter is , he should never have been Mr Olympia.
    Complete and utter blasphemy. Dexter looked 10x better than Jay in 2008 and if there is anyone that shouldn't have been Mr O, that is Jay in 2007.

  12. #29
    Iron Addict ionicrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,309
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
    I think Phil could fill the void , that Jay will eventually leave maybe even better than Jay. I also think that an Evan vs. Phil rivalry would be quite awesome.
    Nope, not if he stays with weider. I dont even know why they sponsor athletes. Sign with weider and you disappear from the public eye. This isnt the 90s anymore, they need to do more than just run the occasional photo spread in a magazine. The put out crappy videos, occasionally, that I can never fully load.

    Oh, whoever said Phil would beat Jay, I doubt that happens. No on right now beats Jays. Jay would have to come in out of condition or with some major muscular atrophy (i.e. Ronnie) to lose. If kais manages to 'comeback' he will place higher than phil at any show. Phil is a great bb, but there are better ones than him.

  13. #30
    Iron Addict ionicrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,309
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JP_RC View Post
    Complete and utter blasphemy. Dexter looked 10x better than Jay in 2008 and if there is anyone that shouldn't have been Mr O, that is Jay in 2007.
    Along with Ronnie, Dorian, Haney, Arnold, and Franco in certain years. What what?!

  14. #31
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ionicrod View Post
    Nope, not if he stays with weider. I dont even know why they sponsor athletes. Sign with weider and you disappear from the public eye. This isnt the 90s anymore, they need to do more than just run the occasional photo spread in a magazine. The put out crappy videos, occasionally, that I can never fully load.

    Oh, whoever said Phil would beat Jay, I doubt that happens. No on right now beats Jays. Jay would have to come in out of condition or with some major muscular atrophy (i.e. Ronnie) to lose. If kais manages to 'comeback' he will place higher than phil at any show. Phil is a great bb, but there are better ones than him.
    Phil who?

    Seriously, if he was with MD he would be getting WAY more exposure.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  15. #32
    Iron Addict mfarleypt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Jay is good but he's no Coleman or Yates. I'd like to see him get #5 then hang it up and enjoy life.

  16. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nissan200sx View Post
    I was referring to when Jay nails it , like 2009. Look at the picture that I posted with what I said and try to convince yourselves that Dorian or Ronnie ever looked that hard and dry ?!
    Yes, when Jay nails it, he looks great. That's why he's a fan favorite, and consistently has been since 2001. But that said: even in 2009, his conditioning was not even remotely close to Dorian at his worst. (Even if you like Jay's look better, Dorian was still leagues harder).

    I have never been a big Jay fan. In 2005, when I went to my first Olympia and saw the whole hometown crowd booing Ronnie and cheering on Jay, it turned my stomach. But that said, the man has earned my respect over the years. He has an unbelievable work ethic, and he kept coming back and trying again and again and again to win the Olympia. Most people would have quit LONG before taking 2nd place four years running. Not Jay. He had the utmost belief in himself, and I think that's amazing. Furthermore, I'm impressed quite a bit that he has taken his physique to the next level in 2009 and 2010, and it looks like he's on track to do it again this year.

    All of that said-- and I really say this with as much respect as possible for the man, for he has accomplished FAR more than any of us could ever DREAM of-- I truly do not think he will go down as one of the "all-time greats". Jay is having an awesome run, but it just so happens to be at a time when pro-bodybuilding is weaker than it has been in ages. Arnold, Haney, Dorian and Coleman will long be considered the legends of the sport. Jay will be right near them, but not held to that same level.

    -lifepulse

  17. #34
    Behemoth Andrew.S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town , South Africa
    Posts
    1,589
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ionicrod View Post
    Along with Ronnie, Dorian, Haney, Arnold, and Franco in certain years. What what?!
    X 2
    OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST , I MISS MY MIND THE MOST !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •