Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Kuclo and Jeff Dwelle Wreak Havoc on Legs!!

Default Steve Kuclo and Jeff Dwelle Wreak Havoc on Legs!!

Bodybuilders Steve Kuclo and Jeff Dwelle train legs in the latest Kuclo update. Steve talks about how he switched over from heavy weight to a more volume based approach to training which has enhanced his leg workouts. Steve chats about how he trains legs twice a week and why everyone should be training their legs twice a week too. Steve also talks about some of the other changes Hany Rambod made to his training while preparing for the USA's.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Steve Has a very bright future in bodybuilding wis great overall shape and quality size,And im sure the Ladies like him too!

youngitalianstallion

damn i can't watch it... it stops at 50sec and restart...

One of the more informative videos so far. Puts the MD Seminar videos to shame. Steve and his buddy are well-prepared to do some damage.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

nice to see someone doing the old vertical leg press, in my opinion superior to the 45 degree leg presses of today. for myself vertical leg presses have given me more size than any other quad exercise even more than squats.

Quote Originally Posted by BDEGRD View Post
    nice to see someone doing the old vertical leg press, in my opinion superior to the 45 degree leg presses of today. for myself vertical leg presses have given me more size than any other quad exercise even more than squats.
    we dont have one at my gym but there is this one dude who uses the smith machine by lying on the floor facing up and pushing the bar up with his heels...never tried that myself though
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

I have always done full range on leg press, is there that much benefit in doing way more weight but only doing a quarter movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Manowar View Post
    I have always done full range on leg press, is there that much benefit in doing way more weight but only doing a quarter movement.
    Ask yourself this. Is loading up the squat bar and only doing quarter reps as beneficial as going to parallel?

Of course not.

Too many bodybuilders have "ego" problems esp when it comes to your power movements. I only go up to 8 or 9 plates per side on leg press but i go down all the way. I could care less about doing quarter reps.

But if your on the juice you will stimulate growth either way. If your natty i would go parallel on leg presses.

Quote Originally Posted by JP83 View Post
    Ask yourself this. Is loading up the squat bar and only doing quarter reps as beneficial as going to parallel?

Of course not.

Too many bodybuilders have "ego" problems esp when it comes to your power movements. I only go up to 8 or 9 plates per side on leg press but i go down all the way. I could care less about doing quarter reps.

But if your on the juice you will stimulate growth either way. If your natty i would go parallel on leg presses.
    some may argue that if you trying to focus on the quads only, without getting the hams and glutes involved, going down only half way to 3/4 of the way is better
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    some may argue that if you trying to focus on the quads only, without getting the hams and glutes involved, going down only half way to 3/4 of the way is better
    i agree with your point. talking about me personally if i want to strictly work quads i do leg extensions. when i do leg press i wanna work though the natural range of motion. seems typicall that most pro's when doing the leg press only do quarter reps with loads of plates on the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by JP83 View Post
    i agree with your point. talking about me personally if i want to strictly work quads i do leg extensions. when i do leg press i wanna work though the natural range of motion. seems typicall that most pro's when doing the leg press only do quarter reps with loads of plates on the machine.
    branch warren range of motion on the leg press is very short, but then again, if i was branch warren i wouldnt even bother training legs at all lol
    JESUS THE CHRIST

branch warren range of motion on the leg press is very short, but then again, if i was branch warren i wouldnt even bother training legs at all lol
    branch even admitted he didn't train legs for along time just so his upper body could catch up. i think everyone has that one certain bodypart that just comes easy and natural for them. where they don't have to put that much effort into. for some it's legs while others it's anything else.

it's kind of silly to take leg training advice from someone who has great wheels to begin with! sometimes they just do the bair minimum just to say they worked legs that week.

Jeff, I can't believe U are wearing the vibram 5 fingers , it is nice , but U are wearing the female one.

Quote Originally Posted by amjad View Post
    Jeff, I can't believe U are wearing the vibram 5 fingers , it is nice , but U are wearing the female one.
    You mean Steve was wearing them? And he's wearing the Classics. Those come in male and female.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...assic-Mens.htm

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...sic-Womens.htm

Alika_Hawaii_Classics.jpg
    trueprotein.com discount code- JNG800

vibram 5 fingers aside, steve s legs are in a class of their own...also never noticed how freaky his calves really are!
    JESUS THE CHRIST

youngitalianstallion

vibram 5 fingers aside, steve s legs are in a class of their own...also never noticed how freaky his calves really are!
    well not only his calves are freaky but also his quads, hams, shoulders and for me his back.. his back was enormous at 2010 nationals

Quote Originally Posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
    well not only his calves are freaky but also his quads, hams, shoulders and for me his back.. his back was enormous at 2010 nationals
    i m talking about what i can see in this video, cant really see his back and shoulders in it, but when he s doing those standing leg curls his calves look like they are right up there with jay cutler!
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast