Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working the Negative! Luis Santa Trains Arms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Working the Negative! Luis Santa Trains Arms

NPC Middleweight Bodybuilder Luis Santa trains arms with his wife, figure competitor Yolanda Alvarado. Santa is looking to earn his pro card at the end of July in the middleweight class at the USA Championships in Las Vegas, Nevada.

dude that kind of weights your lifting you should have one of the biggest arms around but they,re not lighten up the weights so your biceps can do more of the work good luck on turning pro though

Muscle Head

Those are the strongest and smaller arms I have seen in my life, you need a real trainer to show you how to train properly! For 198 pounds you look small and your arms and shoulders looks like a weak point, this is bodybuilding not power lifting!!!

We have some plates like that in my gym, they may not be what they look like we have 25kg plates that look like big 50's and the 10kg plates look like 20's. They are the same rubber plates as the ones he's using.

Im talking in kilos so to all you americans. We have 20lb plates that look like 45's.

No way is that 45# plates. That would be stronger than the big black guy who can preacher curl 370# and eats 2 meals a day and they are beans. Charles Max is think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    No way is that 45# plates. That would be stronger than the big black guy who can preacher curl 370# and eats 2 meals a day and they are beans. Charles Max is think.

Ha, have not heard a Max Charles reference in a while.

Luis is a downright humble man, he did my first contest prep. he truly helps anyone who loves the sport of bodybuilding. i will be stoked to see of my friends receive an IFBB pro card, deserves it without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by killacurt View Post
    Luis is a downright humble man, he did my first contest prep. he truly helps anyone who loves the sport of bodybuilding. i will be stoked to see of my friends receive an IFBB pro card, deserves it without a doubt.
    if a guy his size does get a pro card,would he compete in the 202 and under class?
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    if a guy his size does get a pro card,would he compete in the 202 and under class?
    Im pulling for my Puerto Rican brother, he's worked his way up and is also in the military if im not mistaken. I wasnt much bigger than him when I turned pro, so he could definitely compete in the 212 class eventually.

i dont feel too bad about my arms after watchng that
    JESUS THE CHRIST

hey guys i compete against him and he is a good guy and national champion. he is a two time USA winner he must be doing something right.

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by victordelcampo View Post
    hey guys i compete against him and he is a good guy and national champion. he is a two time USA winner he must be doing something right.
    Amen, Luis kicks ass.

Here is a snippet from this shoot with them addressing fans in Spanish at the end.

Victor is correct. Luis is the 2x USA Welterweight Champion for '09 and '10. This year he is moving up a weight class and looking to get that Pro card as a Middleweight. He is such an amazing guy! Very humble, funny and very approachable. And his wife Yolanda is such a sweet and beautiful lady!

Quote Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
    Victor is correct. Luis is the 2x USA Welterweight Champion for '09 and '10. This year he is moving up a weight class and looking to get that Pro card as a Middleweight. He is such an amazing guy! Very humble, funny and very approachable. And his wife Yolanda is such a sweet and beautiful lady!
    if that s the guy i m thinking of he looks FREAKY sliced and diced on contest day!
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    Imagine the 202 and under is where he wants to be, but I think the only thing on his mind is July and making a huge statement with his physique

Luis Santa

2010 USA Welterweight Champion:

Luis Santa talks to Shawn Ray after winning the welterweight division at the 2010 USA Bodybuilding Championships in Las Vegas, Nevada

Click for video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast