Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY Pro Preview and Predictions with Evan Centopani, Neil Hill, Simon Fan and Sugar Shawn Ray!

Spotter

Jose Raymond will take the 202 title, I saw him a few days ago and he looks drier and bigger than ever.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carnivorefromboston View Post
    Jose Raymond will take the 202 title, I saw him a few days ago and he looks drier and bigger than ever.
    Jose is a fantastic bodybuilder and takes time for the fans i respect jose as a man! Jose will have a great posing routine and the ny fans will love his freaky mass! Boston Mass that is!

NY Pro History

Since the 1st winner of the IFBB New York Pro Bodybuilding Championships, Darrem Charles, we have seen some very good Bodybuilders come through the Big Apple from all over the world to beat up on the competition, take home some very nice prize money and walk off with very exclusive NY Pro Diamond Crusted Ring!
    Champions like; Branch Warren, Melvin Anthony, Victor Martinez, Phil Heath, Kai Greene, Evan Centaponi and most recently Roelly Winklaar last year.

The the previously mentioned athletes went on to compete in the coveted Mr. Olympia Contest in Las Vegas where Victor, Branch and Phil have all placed 1st Runner up not to mention that Branch, Victor and Kai all have Arnold Classic victories in their resumes.

The 2011 Edition of the New York Pro Championships is without a doubt one of the most competitive line ups to date, heavy in depth and laiden with talent!

The odd's on favorite coming into this contest would have to be former New Pro Champion and local resident, Kai Greene. As previously stated, Kai not only has an Arnold Classic title to his credit but two in consecutive years! Kai at this stage of his career is the one with the most to lose competing in this show but a victory he desparately needs to revive his competitve run to his Mr. Olympia Destiny! A year ago, Kai fell down to 8th place from 4th in only his second Mr. Olympia appearance as he came in too heavy, flat and smooth by Kai Greene standards. Since the Olympia in September of 2010, Kai has maintained a good training weight, switched trainers with the addition of Guru, George Farah and appearently streamlined his physique by not playing the "Mass Game." It is my position that anything less than a win here for Kai seriously jeapordizes his chance to take on the likes of 4X defending Mr. Olympia, Jay Cutler and last years 1st Runner up, Phil Heath whom have both sat out the contest season to date as they reamy for the showdown in September at the 46 Annual Mr. Olympia.

This show will showcase the return of last months Europa Orlando Pro winner, Cedric McMillan as he narrowly pulled off the victory over two time 1st Runner up, Marcus Haley. Cedric, who juggles his Military Job, Fatherhood and Pro Bodybuilding Career has his work cut out for himself as many are expecting a Bigger more improved physique than the one he presented in Orlando which appeared a tad slender and flat for his frame and structure. Cedric has all the gifts to be an All Time Great in this business but many question whether or not he is spread a bit thin over his obligations to his country, family and competitve aspirations. Many of his opponents are 100% Pro Bodybuilders like Kai, Ronny Rockel, Roelly Winklaar and company with nothing on their plates except the thrill of Victory. As of this writing Cedric claims to be a full 12 pounds heavier than his last outing April 30 and now he is on the clock to bring out the heavy artillary or just become another casualty of War!

The 2011 IFBB Pro Spain Winner, Ronny Rockel from Germany will be competing in his 4th contest of the year coming off his 2nd place loss to former Mr Olympia, Dexter Jackson last month. Ronny arguably could make things interesting for the top 3 spots however as good as he is, I dont think his best package is on par with a 100% Kai Greene. Can Ronny finish top 3? A definite YES, even top 2 "IF" he peaks perfectly but after so many shows, he will have to pull a magic act however it is not impossible for a person as competitive as a he is.

"The Rookie" from Sarasota, Florida and reigning NPC USA Champion of
    2010, Jason Huh mentioned on MD Radio he was coming to New York to have Fun? After further conversation he clarified that "Fun" for him was making the competition cry! Jaso, who was one bite of an Apple away from spilling all the way over in Las Vegas during the Overall posedown where we saw the "Water Works" begin to kick in just prior to the stoppage of the Final Posedown will have to come in as Dry as he possibly can in order to be in consideration for comparisions with the veterans like Kai and Rockel. Jason has long full calves, big legs with sweeps and full big arms but it will take a chisled, ripped dry package to get noticed the way he has been dreaming to bring these grown me to tears when the dust settles.

A few others vying for those Exclusive Top 5 Finalist Olympia Qualifying places are no slouches either!

2010 Overall NPC National Champion, Robert Burneika will be looking to do some Head Hunting while in the Big Apple! This Rookie Pro definitley has revenge on his mind regarding a return match up with Cedric McMillan a former Nationals Winner who regulated Robert into waiting on his pro card an additional year!

Tennessee resident, Brandon Curry is throwing his hat into the fray and we are looking to see is he was able to bring up his legs from a year ago at the PBW Tampa Pro show! Symmetrical and Aesthetic looking physique but can he bring the mass in his and his detail?

These ar ebut a few of the Soldiers at War this weekend and there will be others to Challenge for the Title!

It is all going down this Weekend at Tribeca Performning Arts Theater in New York!

" Champions like; Branch Warren, Melvin Anthony, Victor Martinez, Phil Heath, Kai Greene, Roelly Winklaar and most recently Evan Centaponi last year.

Roelly won last year, Evan the year before that.

I stand corrected as if you guys didn't already know that. I was at the show doing the reporting during Evan and Roelly's wins.
    Geez, I screw up and the world corrects me?
    I should feel special but somehow I feel like I'm slippin?
    You do realize I wrote that up at 2am for you guys right? I BLEED for you so show some sympathy once in a while

wantobebig

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    I stand corrected as if you guys didn't already know that. I was at the show doing the reporting during Evan and Roelly's wins.
    You do realize I wrote that up at 2am for you guys right? I BLEED for you so show some sympathy once in a while
    Don't try and explain yourself mate, just cop it on the chin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Do you do it like ronnie coleman? Yell TIME TO BLEEED BABAYYYYYY before you write up the post at 2am? lol
    ‎"You have to do what others won't, to achieve what others don't" ~ Iron Mike Tyson

I think shawn is making a comback and keeping it under tabs. Dude is looking tanked!

looking at the names and previous outings for all these guys this is how i place my prediction

1.) kai greene

2.) ronny rockel

3.) jason huh

4.) cedric mcmillan

5.) brandon curry

for the 202 pound class

1.) jose raymond

2.) flex lewis

if there was a 202 or 212 pound class back in the day for that matter.. shawn ray would have dominated for a LONG time. when it comes to overall package at his best and kevin english best..he wins hands down

thank god for youtube lol

Banned

congrads to kai, he pulls his heart and soul into this show and makes the shit happen, eats up the competition, i always believed in carbs for strength and mass i think too much protein is useless and you will gain more mass keepin protein med, I ALWAYS believed in the power of carbs from awhile back for gaining mass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12