Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Redemption Through Sobriety and Weight Training

Nobody

Default Redemption Through Sobriety and Weight Training

I was a roaring drunk for 20 years. By the time I reached the age of 38 years old, I decided I had had enough of the party life style. I had always been interested in weight lifting, but never had the motivation to attempt it until I became sober and had been sober for 15 years. I have been through a lot of mental hell and trials trying to make my sobriety work for me. Once you put the bottle down, it doesn't stop there, but it's only the beginning of your fight to stay sober. It took awhile, but I finally decided to use weight training as my road to redemption and sobriety and a better more healthier life style. I'm 55 years old now, and have been lifting for a year and a half, and I am truly amazed by the mental changes that have occurred in myself for the better because of and through weight lifting. Yes, I got a late start in lifting, but I can tell you that I will never stop. Weight lifting has truly supported my redemption and sobriety. And I post this testimony as a way to encourage anyone who is sick and tired of being sick and tried, to consider weight lifting as a means to becoming healthier and sober and redeeming themselves to a better life.

Dedicated Noob vanilla mandingo's Avatar

Congrats to you, sir. I am six years sober. I allowed depression and alcohol to take me to prison and ruin my life. Working out provides me with mental stability and an outlet. Enjoy what you have begun.

congrats to both you. staying sober is hard, especially when you feel like you dont need it anymore, and feel good regardless. i was 2 years sober on july 2nd 2013. and it has been the best thing for my mental illness (schizophrenia). peace
    Good Luck, I hope you make it.

Bro Scientist Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

Good luck to you man, hope you achieve all of your fitness goals

Spotter

Congrats to you and Goodluck in continuing on this path!