Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking too much protein?

We can talk about grams all day but in the end what you need to do is eat chicken, lean red meat, eggs and egg whites (amongst other things). Do this and stop wondering about numbers, let the mirror guide you. Less time obsessing over this is more time lifting heavy weight.

What's the effect when I take too much Protein. Or can i drink as much proteinshakes as I want to?

steVe

Generally I think BBs consume too much protein, its a waste of money and puts unnecessary stress on the body. However, Im not a competetive bodybuilder and a nattie so take that into account! I have been training hard on/off for some twenty years though so I have tried it all at this point. Protein overload can be beneficial for a short period of time but most people just keep raising and raising those numbers indefinetely. Personally Im not eating alot of protein, two-three wholesome meals a day works nicely, its rather a matter of timing and quality of protein. I use 10 grams of EAA directly in the morning followed by breakfast, ten pre-w and ten post-w followed by a meal. Balance your macros, eat healthy when you are actually hungry and youll do well in the gym.

You have to meet your calorie requirements though. Might as well do it with protein if you've already gotten your carbs and fats for the day.

sounds like a lot of of nattys and juicers are comparing there intake levels.
    IF THE BAR ISNT BENDING ITS NOT HEAVY ENOUGH GO WORKOUT WITH THE YOGA CROWD CHICKEN SHIT

i'm at 350 and going up growing a lot right now so i just adjust when i don't grow anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHOPATH View Post
    if you're a natti, then protein consumption is OVERRATED, the guideline of 1g/lb of LBM is plenty and you could probably get a away with less.

If you're an enhanced athlete, then the artificial increase in protein synthesis would be enhanced with increased protein intake.

IMO anything over 250-300g is ridiculous and simply unnecessary.

way back when i was about 200 and natty i took 400g every day for 4 months and gained 8lean lbs, natty. so i cant say it was too much but i did gain lean mass. alot of it was from powder but i still got it in.

If you're in canada that means that you're allowed to use steroids for personal use you dont exactly need a prescription

Little Guy

But the truth is that consuming excessive protein can actually be quite detrimental to your health. Com and in it you said you take in about 300 grams of protein per day. I was wandering if this is too much daily protein. Make your bodybuilding diet work for you by finding out how much protein is too much. For starters, our bodies simply wouldn't be able to build and repair. Every cell and organ in your body needs protein, but taking in too much of it can cause unpleasant symptoms such as nausea and diarrhea. Protein is needed for healthy hair, skin and nails, and to maintain lean body. The theory is that the protein increases the acid load of your body, which then causes the body to take calcium out of the bones to neutralize the acid.

substance abuse texas

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by House. View Post
    If that was true, Ronnie would be taking 110 grams of protein lol Just to put in simple words, we break down more muscle tissue than an average man so we need more protein than an average man. About 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight works good. Some find 2 grams to work better often, but it's rare. Experiment with it and see how your body reacts.
    Nice bro logic you imbecile.
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12