Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Boston Mass: Jose Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    I dont like to think of these amateur contracts as "free" supplements. Myself and many others who have had these type of contracts have worked there tail off to build a brand name for themselves and earn the respect of fans,judges,competitors and heads of companies, therefore earning every nickel of the cost of those supps. Nothing in life is free!
    Hey brother, meant no disrespect. Just meant that the chances of an amateur getting paid from a supplement company is rare. Usually they are compensated through promotion and through supplements.

Few people love to train hard as much as this guy does. It's why I head up to train with him whenever I can and his schedule allows. Absolute total BEAST in the gym.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Climber213 View Post
    So it's safe to say that aside from post-competition, you don't take a week off or go lighter? Don't you ever overtrain psychologically from all the intensity with the training. Like burned out mind wise, body too?
    I either train or I dont. Id rather go do somethig else than train like a pussy, it's just not in me to do that, besides I think that is how people get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Marcano View Post
    Hey brother, meant no disrespect. Just meant that the chances of an amateur getting paid from a supplement company is rare. Usually they are compensated through promotion and through supplements.
    No disrespect taken, I was just explaining my view on this topic. Yes you are correct, the chance of amateurs getting paid is slim and very rare.

Jose, when you train do you pyramid up in weight every set for one max set at the end like most guys seem to do or do you do straight sets and do 3 sets with 315 as your working sets?

Spotter

jose, question which supplement would you recommend for a beginner(9 months in the game) to gain lean mass, pre workout or pump kind of thing 2. Not really the brand but the supplement itself. Because right now with me being in iraq the only sell very few brands of supplements and the dinning facility is only open 3 times a day so eating more times is kind of very diffucult unless i take a shake. the only supplement they got over here are like BSN, Muscle tech, and some MRI and thats it. since i dont really know your sponsor just in case it aint one of them if you could just tell me what the supplemet itself would be Ill just try to find the best of what we got out here.

Jose i was curious to what your Carb source would be for your first carbs taken in postworkout, im in a bulking or "offseason" phase right now and im trying to keep everything tight and gain slowly and smart, so far things are going great but i believe things can always go better. Anyways i have been having pancakes post workout haha idk y i just one day felt like pancakes post workout instead of the usual rice, but im thinking id be just maybe even in the slightest better condition with the rice, and even it that means the most miniscule amount ill switch back (Sugar free syrup on pancakes) i also have these pancakes with Eggs (3 whole, 3 whites or 2 whole and 3 whites). Hope i can get your input on this, thanks. Stats: 17 yrsold, 191 pounds, 5'9, under 10% bodyfat (Abs, vascularity, and seperation). Your physique is truly inspirational Thank you in advance

do you think a 3 day per week push legs, pull routine is better for offseason stregth and size gain?? ( Mon chest,delts tris, Tues off, Wed legs,Thurs off Fri back,traps,Bis, Sat n Sun off.) Do you think a routine like that is more for someone who is new to training??

Just got the outline for the next issue of MD that comes out about a week before the Olympia.

"The Boston Mass" column by Jose Raymond will debut, and there is also a feature about Team MD's Battle of the 202's - Jose vs. Kevin!!!
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

excluding you , Kevin and Flex... if everyone were to come in there best condition, who would you guesstimate to come in 4th-6th in the 202 Olympia??

and another hypothetical oppinion question.... Who would you guess to place higher at at a show from what you have seen... B-Ray(Brandon Ray) or Al Aguste(the hybrid)???

Quote Originally Posted by JayKurk View Post
    excluding you , Kevin and Flex... if everyone were to come in there best condition, who would you guesstimate to come in 4th-6th in the 202 Olympia??

and another hypothetical oppinion question.... Who would you guess to place higher at at a show from what you have seen... B-Ray(Brandon Ray) or Al Aguste(the hybrid)???
    Who would win in a fight, Batman or Captain America? Just messing with you Jay!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjon_1 View Post
    Jose, when you train do you pyramid up in weight every set for one max set at the end like most guys seem to do or do you do straight sets and do 3 sets with 315 as your working sets?
    I do pyramid up in weights but I am more likely to do 2-3 heavy sets as well.

that helps thanks jose! so like in your shoulder video when you were military presseing 225, 275, and 315 did you consider those your 3 heavy sets?

Quote Originally Posted by medina1025 View Post
    jose, question which supplement would you recommend for a beginner(9 months in the game) to gain lean mass, pre workout or pump kind of thing 2. Not really the brand but the supplement itself. Because right now with me being in iraq the only sell very few brands of supplements and the dinning facility is only open 3 times a day so eating more times is kind of very diffucult unless i take a shake. the only supplement they got over here are like BSN, Muscle tech, and some MRI and thats it. since i dont really know your sponsor just in case it aint one of them if you could just tell me what the supplemet itself would be Ill just try to find the best of what we got out here.
    I am newly sponsored by MHP and they have a great line of products such as Dark Matter=postworkout and Isofast 1 hour after I train. As far as preworkout I usually just take some bcaa's and drink some coffee but I will be trying MHP's pre workout=Dark Rage. If you are limited to what you can get your hands on I would just use the protein with the highest protein and lowest simple sugars if your goal is to stay lean and put on muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Who would win in a fight, Batman or Captain America? Just messing with you Jay!
    LOL. .....well. weapons wise Batman......hand to hand. In the cage. Maybe Captain America. .depends

Jose my calves are lacking and ive seen vids of yours, wow! could u gimmie some tips on bringing them up? cheers!
    A QUITTER NEVER WINS & A WINNER NEVER QUITS

Quote Originally Posted by JayKurk View Post
    LOL. .....well. weapons wise Batman......hand to hand. In the cage. Maybe Captain America. .depends
    I don't know much about Captain America - hopefully the movie will educate me!

Page 10 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast