Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Boston Mass: Jose Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I don't know much about Captain America - hopefully the movie will educate me!
    Captain America is at the peak of human strength and endurance, can run faster than any olympic sprinter and bench press 1000 lbs on a regular basis. Batman is just a skilled smart man with a lot of money, Theoretically he can knock out Cap through his gas bombs and then slit his throat, but when it comes to hand to hand (Cap without his shield) it would be hard. I'd say draw or either one wins. Hmm... how the fuck did I just write that on a bodybuilding forum?
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Just got the outline for the next issue of MD that comes out about a week before the Olympia.

"The Boston Mass" column by Jose Raymond will debut, and there is also a feature about Team MD's Battle of the 202's - Jose vs. Kevin!!!
    Finally! My favorite 202 bodybuilder gets a column. This should be interesting.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Quote Originally Posted by Climber213 View Post
    Captain America is at the peak of human strength and endurance, can run faster than any olympic sprinter and bench press 1000 lbs on a regular basis. Batman is just a skilled smart man with a lot of money, Theoretically he can knock out Cap through his gas bombs and then slit his throat, but when it comes to hand to hand (Cap without his shield) it would be hard. I'd say draw or either one wins. Hmm... how the fuck did I just write that on a bodybuilding forum?
    I do appreciate the info on Captain America - I was totally clueless.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by afresk View Post
    Jose i was curious to what your Carb source would be for your first carbs taken in postworkout, im in a bulking or "offseason" phase right now and im trying to keep everything tight and gain slowly and smart, so far things are going great but i believe things can always go better. Anyways i have been having pancakes post workout haha idk y i just one day felt like pancakes post workout instead of the usual rice, but im thinking id be just maybe even in the slightest better condition with the rice, and even it that means the most miniscule amount ill switch back (Sugar free syrup on pancakes) i also have these pancakes with Eggs (3 whole, 3 whites or 2 whole and 3 whites). Hope i can get your input on this, thanks. Stats: 17 yrsold, 191 pounds, 5'9, under 10% bodyfat (Abs, vascularity, and seperation). Your physique is truly inspirational Thank you in advance
    When I was your age i loved to eat pancakes aswell but lets not kid ourselves, they are not a quality source of carbs and are not going to help you put on "lean" mass. I would reccomend a post workout drink like Dark Matter from MHP, it is delivered immediately and wont bloat you killing your appetite. I would imagine after eating pancakes your not very hungry for some time and it throws off your ability to get in quality foods the rest of the day. If you dont feel like drinking a drink, try a high glycemic food like grits with a protein shake after your workout.

Quote Originally Posted by JayKurk View Post
    do you think a 3 day per week push legs, pull routine is better for offseason stregth and size gain?? ( Mon chest,delts tris, Tues off, Wed legs,Thurs off Fri back,traps,Bis, Sat n Sun off.) Do you think a routine like that is more for someone who is new to training??
    this type of routine would be good for a beginner or an athelet training for a sport or someone on a maintanence program. I would not suggest only 3 days a week for someone trying to be a bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by JayKurk View Post
    excluding you , Kevin and Flex... if everyone were to come in there best condition, who would you guesstimate to come in 4th-6th in the 202 Olympia??

and another hypothetical oppinion question.... Who would you guess to place higher at at a show from what you have seen... B-Ray(Brandon Ray) or Al Aguste(the hybrid)???
    This is professional bodybuilding and they are all dangerous. My guess would be similar to last year with Jason Arntz, Tricky, Jaroslav Horvath. B-Ray has some of the prettiest muscle around and will be dangerous when he matures, so far Al has the condition factor and seemed to have put on some quality size. I'd say in a few years B-Ray will surpass most.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjon_1 View Post
    that helps thanks jose! so like in your shoulder video when you were military presseing 225, 275, and 315 did you consider those your 3 heavy sets?
    yes, 275 and 315 were considered heavy. 225 is still a warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by highgate85 View Post
    Jose my calves are lacking and ive seen vids of yours, wow! could u gimmie some tips on bringing them up? cheers!
    make them a priority not an after thought like most people do. Give them there own day like you would chest, maybe give yourself a half hour in the morning to just train calves. I train them 2-3 times a week for the last few years. one day 10 sets of standing calves, another day 10 sets seated calves, another day 5 and 5.

a pro who actually replies in his Q&A thread? who would have thought...
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by Climber213 View Post
    Finally! My favorite 202 bodybuilder gets a column. This should be interesting.
    he has certainly paid his dues...maybe one day he will start to like me (no homo)
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Thanks Jose, i feel i already knew that answer was coming, i just need to hear it from a pro of your caliber. Kill it this year at the olympia brotha

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    he has certainly paid his dues...maybe one day he will start to like me (no homo)
    I like you Rocky, you make things interesting. I doesnt mean we have to agree on everything! You just have a way of asking questions that either dont come across right or I am receiving them the wrong way. Either way keep doing what you do, Im sure we will but heads again, no biggie (no homo)

Quote Originally Posted by afresk View Post
    Thanks Jose, i feel i already knew that answer was coming, i just need to hear it from a pro of your caliber. Kill it this year at the olympia brotha
    No. thank you, it makes me feel good because when I started bodybuilding my calves sucked and it's good to hear that someone actually thinks I have good calves!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    I like you Rocky, you make things interesting. I doesnt mean we have to agree on everything! You just have a way of asking questions that either dont come across right or I am receiving them the wrong way. Either way keep doing what you do, Im sure we will but heads again, no biggie (no homo)
    hey,we short dudes must stick together or we will be taken out quick LOL... by the way let me know when you are sick and tired of hearing about how i finally reached 220lbs at 5'6" LOL
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Hey Jose if u planned on doing an open show what do u think u would have to weigh roughly or now that the 212 division is starting next year would just stay in that class.

And do u think u would have to eat more food offseason to do an open class sorry if they see
    Like stupid question but I love the thick muscle u carry and would be curious to see how u would go at open Level

a pro who actually replies in his Q&A thread? who would have thought...
    I know what a novel concept....a good
    example to the others whose names are on here and haven't answered a question in months.....that's fine and all if they don't want to but then they should be taken off this forum.
    UK. Yoda Disciple

hey,we short dudes must stick together or we will be taken out quick LOL... by the way let me know when you are sick and tired of hearing about how i finally reached 220lbs at 5'6" LOL
    there is no scale on a bodybuilding stage but that is good for you if reaching 220 is your goal. Remember though it means nothing if your still a middleweight when you get in shape.

Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast