Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 128 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Boston Mass: Jose Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by vapor1 View Post
    Hey Jose if u planned on doing an open show what do u think u would have to weigh roughly or now that the 212 division is starting next year would just stay in that class.

And do u think u would have to eat more food offseason to do an open class sorry if they see
    Like stupid question but I love the thick muscle u carry and would be curious to see how u would go at open Level
    Doing an open show would be more about testing myself than trying to reach an arbitrary weight. I think my best weight would be anywhere from 202 to 208 at this point and as long as im shredded I think I could hold my own. I would still like to do an open show even when the 212 class begins.

Quote Originally Posted by vapor1 View Post
    Hey Jose if u planned on doing an open show what do u think u would have to weigh roughly or now that the 212 division is starting next year would just stay in that class.

And do u think u would have to eat more food offseason to do an open class sorry if they see
    Like stupid question but I love the thick muscle u carry and would be curious to see how u would go at open Level
    As I've said earlier in this thread, I cant promise I will be on here everyday once my prep really heats up due to exhaustion but I will do my best.

Jose- whats your favorite clean meal? cheat meal?
    Overcome

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    make them a priority not an after thought like most people do. Give them there own day like you would chest, maybe give yourself a half hour in the morning to just train calves. I train them 2-3 times a week for the last few years. one day 10 sets of standing calves, another day 10 sets seated calves, another day 5 and 5.
    Also. pick parents with big calves!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by scotia12 View Post
    Jose- whats your favorite clean meal? cheat meal?
    Favorite meals change all the time but right now my favorite clean meal is a bison burger with Franks red hot sauce and sweet potato fries. Favorite cheat meal would have to be sushi but a nice Delmonico Steak and glass of red wine is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    Favorite meals change all the time but right now my favorite clean meal is a bison burger with Franks red hot sauce and sweet potato fries. Favorite cheat meal would have to be sushi but a nice Delmonico Steak and glass of red wine is good too.
    If you dont mind sharing-- how do you make your fries?
    Overcome

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Also. pick parents with big calves!
    Ron - how come you dont look as good when you compete as you do in your profile pictures? you look shredded in these photo's and surely would do better bringing that look to the stage?

youngitalianstallion

Jose do you have any tips for upper chest? i've genetically big shoulder that takes a lot of work when i train chest
    Last edited by youngitalianstallion; June 30th, 2011 at 08:27 AM.

what do u think of peanuts as source of fat? just normal ones you find eg KP nuts.... if u have them in america

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
    Ron - how come you dont look as good when you compete as you do in your profile pictures? you look shredded in these photo's and surely would do better bringing that look to the stage?
    The pics are sort of an illusion. I take them in just the right light that looks best, from the angle I want, and I turn the flash off the camera. Then I sharpen the pics and bump the contrast a little bit. Can't do that on stage!

But, I am going to do my best this time to bring my best-ever package to Team U next weekend.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

You don't need a cheat meal with how good Toni's cooking is!

Thanks for the workout and the posing tips! And your new belt is awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    The pics are sort of an illusion. I take them in just the right light that looks best, from the angle I want, and I turn the flash off the camera. Then I sharpen the pics and bump the contrast a little bit. Can't do that on stage!

But, I am going to do my best this time to bring my best-ever package to Team U next weekend.
    Good luck with your competition and well done for sticking with it and keeping it going.

Quote Originally Posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
    Jose do you have any tips for upper chest? i've genetically big shoulder that takes a lot of work when i train chest
    Join the club buddy. I start with pre-exhaust exercises like cable or machine flys then move to incline barbell, I hardly ever do flat bench anymore. I also never lock out on press as I feel the last quarter of the movement is done by the shoulders and triceps. Good luck, your not alone, I too have been fighting this battle for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ukstrongman View Post
    what do u think of peanuts as source of fat? just normal ones you find eg KP nuts.... if u have them in america
    I dont really eat peanuts as my source of fat because I love peanut butter and would just rather use that and I feel it's easier to measure the amount im taking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
    I often wonder why I dont look as good on stage as when I see shot's from Per Bernal? It is what it is, photography is an amazing thing!

Quote Originally Posted by reno210 View Post
    You don't need a cheat meal with how good Toni's cooking is!
    you got that right!

Page 12 of 128 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast