Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Boston Mass: Jose Raymond

Hi Jose, awesome to finally have your own Q&A. I'm a hair over 6 foot but always see myself trying to attain a physique like yours (well proportion-wise anyway). You looked freaky as moefoe at the NY Show. To me you looked undeniably more muscular, shredded and vascular than ever before. Do you attribute any of this to the advice Mr.Cutler gave you about taking time off for a couple months? I also noticed something at that NY Show and wanted to hear your opinion on. Marvin Ward looked pretty damn ridiculous and definitely deserved that 3rd place finish and was still giving up something crazy like 60lbs on you and Flex. What do you think of that guy if he keeps his shape and everything and can put on even 10lbs.
    When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead...True Story.

Jose,

just wanted to send my congrats on your ny win and finally getting picked up... looooonnng over due my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    pretty much all supps were out by 2 weeks out. The one thing I can tell you that has helped me a lot through the years is keeping my sodium high all the way through the show. I know a lot of people cut sodium in fear of holding water but I call bullshit on that. If you are dry, lean and hard enough, sodium will not make you hold water in the skin as long as your not chugging water but I will help to keep you fuller and also keep from cramping.
    the one thing i couldnt figure out was how you stayed full and round even when increasing the cardio like you said you did. especially in the last 1-2 weeks when most supplements are taken out of the picture you still never flatten out at any point in time. a lot of guys flatten out because of cardio,low calories,etc. and then try to regain their fullness the last 3 days bfeore the show when they carb-up. Interesting subject.
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by bigjon_1 View Post
    Whats up Jose! I know you said in your vids that you know your body needed carbs and on here you said you realized you weren't eating enough. Do you feel that these days too many competitors dont eat enough? and since you kept carbs in how high were your fats?
    Im not sure about all bodybuilders but for me trying to be a lightweight for so many years and finally moving up a few weight classes, I know for a fact I wasnt eating enough because once I did I put on a lot of lean muscle and was able to keep it right up to the day of my contests. As far as fats go, the more carbs I eat the less fats I take in, it's either one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Killer View Post
    NICE!!!

Congrats Big dog. Glad to finally see you get all that you deserve. Very huge inspiration for me as I look to work my way up into the IFBB.

GK
    Thank you brother, you too are an inspriration and that pro card is in the very near future for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoetic View Post
    Hey Jose, your thick as hell! great addition to the team! besides diet, Hows your typical split and approach to training? Thanks!
    I train instinctively, rarely writing things down or scheduling my workouts to a the tee. I bascially train whatever is not still sore from a previous workout. I try to train lagging bodyparts twice a week and hit everything twice within 10 days but if im feeling overworked I will back off for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by jam.josh View Post
    Hi Jose, awesome to finally have your own Q&A. I'm a hair over 6 foot but always see myself trying to attain a physique like yours (well proportion-wise anyway). You looked freaky as moefoe at the NY Show. To me you looked undeniably more muscular, shredded and vascular than ever before. Do you attribute any of this to the advice Mr.Cutler gave you about taking time off for a couple months? I also noticed something at that NY Show and wanted to hear your opinion on. Marvin Ward looked pretty damn ridiculous and definitely deserved that 3rd place finish and was still giving up something crazy like 60lbs on you and Flex. What do you think of that guy if he keeps his shape and everything and can put on even 10lbs.
    Thanks a lot. I definitley attribute a lot of my improvements to the advice Jay has given, he is a wealth of knowledge and is a good friend. I also had Kevin English watching my every move as far as supplementation and nutrition. I am very blessed to have such knowledgable friends. Marvin Ward has been out of the game for a while and when he gets back on track, he will be as dangerous as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by derik View Post
    Jose,

just wanted to send my congrats on your ny win and finally getting picked up... looooonnng over due my friend...
    Thanks brother, I still need to get out there for some workouts and have you work on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    the one thing i couldnt figure out was how you stayed full and round even when increasing the cardio like you said you did. especially in the last 1-2 weeks when most supplements are taken out of the picture you still never flatten out at any point in time. a lot of guys flatten out because of cardio,low calories,etc. and then try to regain their fullness the last 3 days bfeore the show when they carb-up. Interesting subject.
    I think I did flatten out just a little and may have looked a bit fuller at about 210 but the trade off is in the conditioning and I always will take being a little flat over lack of condition. I also think that after training for over 20 years my muscles arent going anywhere over night as long as I keep some amount of quality nutrition in my diet.

hi jose, currently dieting at the moment and just wondering whats your thoughts on yohimbe and CLA to losing fat on lower abs, im pretty lean everywhere else and getting the veins out but lower abs is generally stubborn, i dnt have fat on lower back or love handles, just lower abs is stubborn

do u recommend yohimbe on empty stubborn before morning cardio if u use it? and do you use BCAA before cardio in the morning too??

be glad to have you.. we need to fix your rotators so you can open up more.. workout wise.. get the video its gona be a fuuuuuuunnnn time ,,,,lol

I am pretty much right at 202 contest and I try not to get any higher than 225-230 in my off-season. I am a huge fan of Chris Aceto and I think he is brilliant as well as having the east coast in your face attitude. He does not sugar coat anything, that being said I have never had the honor of working with Chris and to be honest I dont know of any of his theories or methods but Great minds think alike I guess lol.
    Yeah in my opinion , mid -atlantic and up East Coasters seem to be more direct and forthright than any other region in the united states, i could be wrong though. I was born and raised in Northeast Maryland, 20 minutes outside Baltimore, lived there 14 years, moved to northwest Tennessee when i was first going into 9th grade and it was a big culture shock.-people are more friendly in tennessee though(again just my opinion) It doesnt matter the culture though as long as people are positive I like to be around positive people..theyll always be some culture differences. They dont call him the technician for nothing , I get a lot out of his online articles and the book "championship Bodybuilding."

I think I did flatten out just a little and may have looked a bit fuller at about 210 but the trade off is in the conditioning and I always will take being a little flat over lack of condition. I also think that after training for over 20 years my muscles arent going anywhere over night as long as I keep some amount of quality nutrition in my diet.
    When someone has as much thickness as Jose does, you don't really notice when they are a bit flat, especially if the condition is just sickening.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Hey Jose big fan of ur physique do u do much cardio in off
    Season to stay in good shape and if so what type I'm pulling
    For ya to win 202 at Olympia
    P

Nobody

Jose, do you ever see yourself going into the open class. I think they are beginning to blur the lines making it a 212Lbs class, favoring a bigger framed person. What is your take? Will we ever have a Lee Priest type athlete in the open IFBB?

Jose, are you a big fan of high volume training? Do you like to ever train similar to HIT? What kind of condition are you in, during the off season? Would you do Front Squats over back for quad development?

Thanks, I'm rooting for you to win the 202 Olympia this year. You have the overall best package and if you can bring in the condition again, You win hands down!
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Quote Originally Posted by ukstrongman View Post
    hi jose, currently dieting at the moment and just wondering whats your thoughts on yohimbe and CLA to losing fat on lower abs, im pretty lean everywhere else and getting the veins out but lower abs is generally stubborn, i dnt have fat on lower back or love handles, just lower abs is stubborn

do u recommend yohimbe on empty stubborn before morning cardio if u use it? and do you use BCAA before cardio in the morning too??
    I honestly have never used yohimbe or CLA but give it a shot and see how it works. I definitely use BCAA's during both cardio and training.

Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast