Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Boston Mass: Jose Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by vapor1 View Post
    Hey Jose big fan of ur physique do u do much cardio in off
    Season to stay in good shape and if so what type I'm pulling
    For ya to win 202 at Olympia
    P
    during my off-season I try to do 2-3 cardio sessions a week for 30 minutes, usually just the treadmill or the bike. I save the stepmill for when I really need to drop the fat.

Quote Originally Posted by bonfarr View Post
    Jose, do you ever see yourself going into the open class. I think they are beginning to blur the lines making it a 212Lbs class, favoring a bigger framed person. What is your take? Will we ever have a Lee Priest type athlete in the open IFBB?
    I would love to do an open show and I plan on doing so. I think a lot of the top 202 guys could do some damage in open shows just like Lee Preist did. We will have to see how the whole 212 thing turns out but the way I see it, it is not going to make much of a difference. I think you will still see the same guys give or take a few new faces. Ask me this question when the money really changes and my answer may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber213 View Post
    Jose, are you a big fan of high volume training? Do you like to ever train similar to HIT? What kind of condition are you in, during the off season? Would you do Front Squats over back for quad development?

Thanks, I'm rooting for you to win the 202 Olympia this year. You have the overall best package and if you can bring in the condition again, You win hands down!
    I think I favor high volume more although I use both styles of training when needed. I feel front squats definitely isolate the quads more than back squats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    When someone has as much thickness as Jose does, you don't really notice when they are a bit flat, especially if the condition is just sickening.
    maybe some day i will have the same hard time flattening out LOL
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    maybe some day i will have the same hard time flattening out LOL
    LOL
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

have you watched the seth feorce video with kevin levrone, what do you think of the training? do you do anything crazy like this, i guess you probs get on 4 plates a side for sets of 20 as youre known for your squatting ability....

jose, you and evan are two of the guys that went without the " guru " and had outstanding success and were in insane condition by the time you hit the stage..are you taking things into your own hands from here on out and of course you have kevin english to call wich is not a bad guy to have in your corner!! LOL what are your plans in the future,,,when will you be posting a little look at what you did as far as training and diet!! congrats on your win and its great to be able to reach out to a guy like you so thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ukstrongman View Post
    have you watched the seth feorce video with kevin levrone, what do you think of the training? do you do anything crazy like this, i guess you probs get on 4 plates a side for sets of 20 as youre known for your squatting ability....
    I did watch the video. Seth is a badass and I love that shit. Every couple of workouts I do some thing to test myself along those lines but certainly not after a full back workout, that was nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanatar View Post
    jose, you and evan are two of the guys that went without the " guru " and had outstanding success and were in insane condition by the time you hit the stage..are you taking things into your own hands from here on out and of course you have kevin english to call wich is not a bad guy to have in your corner!! LOL what are your plans in the future,,,when will you be posting a little look at what you did as far as training and diet!! congrats on your win and its great to be able to reach out to a guy like you so thanks
    I cant say that I would never work with someone again because that would just be plain ignorant for me to assume I know everything there is to know. I just feel it was a financial descision that made sense for me at the time. Kevin also offered to help me and keep me in check so I was very lucky between the two of us we nailed it. I am always open to suggestion and willing to learn more but I prefer to keep it simple and I went back to what I know works for me. Stay tuned to MD magazine, there will be an issue coming out soon outlining my prep for the NY Pro as well as the Olympia.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

What supplements do you rely on for keeping strength up while dieting? And what approaches/adjustments do you make with your diet in order to drop bodyfay but preserve muscle? Thanks

Hey Jose I remember hearing on a radio podcast that after last year and competing so often u took 2 months off training. I know u found this hard to do because you never normally take time off.
    Will this be something u do on a regular basis or only when u really need it?
    Also just wanted to say in my first post in your Q & A I said you were an inspiration to us smaller bodybuilders, but I meant shorter bodybuilders because theres no way in hell your small bro u pack on a ton of muscle on your frame!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    I cant say that I would never work with someone again because that would just be plain ignorant for me to assume I know everything there is to know. I just feel it was a financial descision that made sense for me at the time. Kevin also offered to help me and keep me in check so I was very lucky between the two of us we nailed it. I am always open to suggestion and willing to learn more but I prefer to keep it simple and I went back to what I know works for me. Stay tuned to MD magazine, there will be an issue coming out soon outlining my prep for the NY Pro as well as the Olympia.
    is Kevin English demanding a 50/50 split of the olympia 202 prize money you'll win when you kick his ass? lol since hes helped you out, whats going to happen come olympia time, are you gona do your own thing in terms of prep since you are up against english too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    thank jose for answering my question and look foward to you in MD

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

There really is no comparison between Kevin & Jose, I hope the judges rewards aesthteics and conditioning. If they do then Jose has nothing to worry about.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by jsanatar View Post
    thank jose for answering my question and look foward to you in MD

Great job Jose!! you looked crazy dry and still full for that show!!!!

Jose, just curious but the person doing my diet gives me cheat meals but the only thing they wont let me have is pizza. Ive gotten lean cheating on pizza before so im not sure why. is there something horrible in pizza im not aware of?

Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast