Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 128 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Boston Mass: Jose Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift View Post
    What supplements do you rely on for keeping strength up while dieting? And what approaches/adjustments do you make with your diet in order to drop bodyfay but preserve muscle? Thanks
    Im not sure it was any one supplement but more that it was a very long diet, 20 weeks and everyting came off really slowly. when you drastically drop weight during a diet your strength will plummet but if it is coming off slowly and you continue to train heavy and hard you can in fact get stronger heading into a show. The changes I made in the last few weeks was to cut red meat and stick to mostly fish and chicken. I also switched from oatmeal to a finer carb like cream of wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjon_1 View Post
    Jose, just curious but the person doing my diet gives me cheat meals but the only thing they wont let me have is pizza. Ive gotten lean cheating on pizza before so im not sure why. is there something horrible in pizza im not aware of?
    Im not sure about pizza being horrible but it is a fatty,greasy food and certainly not ideal for dieting but as a cheat, I guess one or two small pieces could be ok. The person helping you probably just thinks it's harder to monitor how much pizza is good or bad, it's a fine line.

Jose! Congrats on the signing and the NY pro. I live in new jersey now but when i come home every month or so i see you at Todays Fitness. i ALWAYS see you with coffee. what kinda coffee you like? you drink coffee along WITH a pre-workout drink? sometimes i do that and feel like my hearts gonna pound outta my chest and i sweat like a pervert at disney world. you ever think too many stims are a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBadBoy View Post
    Jose! Congrats on the signing and the NY pro. I live in new jersey now but when i come home every month or so i see you at Todays Fitness. i ALWAYS see you with coffee. what kinda coffee you like? you drink coffee along WITH a pre-workout drink? sometimes i do that and feel like my hearts gonna pound outta my chest and i sweat like a pervert at disney world. you ever think too many stims are a bad thing?
    I love coffe as a workout stimulant and I would not use anything else along with it. I accidentally took NOX preworkout pills and a NOX drink at the same time once and felt sick as a dog and felt like I was on drugs. I am very sensitive to stimulants and I know the effects of coffee, thats why I stick with that.

so what does your supplement list look like. do you take creatine? do you take a pre-workout or just coffee? do you take anything post workout? im more curious as to what specific products. what type of coffee do you get?

Spotter

Jose contratulations on the new york pro, you deserved it. Also you're a real inspiration for hispanic guys like me, keep it pushing. Are you currently training in Boston?? Just asking because right now im in Iraq(army) but when I get back I would like to go to a gym where either you, vitor, or jason huh workout at just for some motivation to keep training and maybe one day accomplish my dream of competing 2. Thanks a lot man

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    Im having trouble understanding this question but I'll do my best. Precontest I go as high as 1.5 to 2.0 grams of protein per lb of goal bodyweight which woudl be around 350-400 grams of protein, carbs are around the same at first but I lower them as I get closer to the show down as low as 75-100 grams, fats are minimal, maybe just what is still in my fish and chicken. I find that the number I told you 1.5 to 2.0 grams per lb of goal bodyweight is more than enough protein to gain mass while dieting and still be healthy on your organs but I wouldnt recomend you do this non stop for years on end.
    thanks jose for the answer... after dieting what you would do to keep this condition for the summer..? i have 10 days more of dieting for the beach and right now im at 92 kg..as for protein and carbs -fats im around the numbers you use ...also..do you advocate protein -veggies only days if the goal is to burn as much fat as possible during those last days? and if so how many per week? i try to keep carbs at 40-50 daily plus some veggies right now with one refeed per week of around 160-170 gr

Hi Jose, great to see you on here in an official capacity! Congratulations on all your recent signings and your recent win too!
    Do it now because sometimes later becomes never.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBadBoy View Post
    so what does your supplement list look like. do you take creatine? do you take a pre-workout or just coffee? do you take anything post workout? im more curious as to what specific products. what type of coffee do you get?
    I havent been a huge user if pro,post or intra workout supplements but I have recently been blessed with a sponsorship from MHP and I will be using all of there products and will keep you posted on the most effective supps out there.

Quote Originally Posted by medina1025 View Post
    Jose contratulations on the new york pro, you deserved it. Also you're a real inspiration for hispanic guys like me, keep it pushing. Are you currently training in Boston?? Just asking because right now im in Iraq(army) but when I get back I would like to go to a gym where either you, vitor, or jason huh workout at just for some motivation to keep training and maybe one day accomplish my dream of competing 2. Thanks a lot man
    Thank you Medina, I train about 15 minutes north of Boston, so whenever you are back from Iraq and would like to train just send me a pm and we'll set it up. Thank you for your service!

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    thanks jose for the answer... after dieting what you would do to keep this condition for the summer..? i have 10 days more of dieting for the beach and right now im at 92 kg..as for protein and carbs -fats im around the numbers you use ...also..do you advocate protein -veggies only days if the goal is to burn as much fat as possible during those last days? and if so how many per week? i try to keep carbs at 40-50 daily plus some veggies right now with one refeed per week of around 160-170 gr
    I never go strictly protein and veggies unless its the last few days before show and I have to make the 202lb cut off. I do however use just protein and veggies my last 2 meals of each day. My carbs are anywhere between 250 grams and 150 most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlene View Post
    Hi Jose, great to see you on here in an official capacity! Congratulations on all your recent signings and your recent win too!
    Thank you Charlene, your the best. We got some work to do girl!!!!!

Damn, you answer questions fast and in depth! Every pro takes like 1-2 weeks to answer.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

congratulations on the sponsorship.. great company!!

Muscle Head

I havent been a huge user if pro,post or intra workout supplements but I have recently been blessed with a sponsorship from MHP and I will be using all of there products and will keep you posted on the most effective supps out there.
    awesome! congrats on the sponsorship! their new pudding is awesome

Beach Body

Congrats on the MHP sponsorship!

Jose,
    Great to see you finally got signed by MD and got a thread! congrats on your NY pro win!

What are your plans for the rest of the year as far a shows go? Toronto was the last 202 (i may be wrong) before the Olympia so are you gunna get into an open? or is it just rest until Olympia?

Page 5 of 128 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast