Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Boston Mass: Jose Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Climber213 View Post
    Damn, you answer questions fast and in depth! Every pro takes like 1-2 weeks to answer.
    well it's a new thing and Im excited to be here. Im sure as I get deeper into my prep for the O it will take a bit longer to get back to people but I will do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by scotia12 View Post
    Jose,
    Great to see you finally got signed by MD and got a thread! congrats on your NY pro win!

What are your plans for the rest of the year as far a shows go? Toronto was the last 202 (i may be wrong) before the Olympia so are you gunna get into an open? or is it just rest until Olympia?
    I believe there are still a few 202 show's left on the Schedule like Tampa, Jacksonville, Dallas, and Aug 20th the Summer Heat in North Carolina. As for me, I am putting all my focus on the Olympia as I still have some improvements to make if I want to beat guys like Kevin and Flex

Quote Originally Posted by whwatson82 View Post
    Congrats on the MHP sponsorship!
    Thank you. I am very excited to be part of the MHP Team along side one of my closest friends in the industry Tricky Jackson, also I have quite the history with Craig Richardson having competed with him all the way back in 1994 at the Teen Nationals. There are a host of Athletes on Team MHP that I am honored to be with and I expect great things in the future from all of us.

I know I knew about this a while back, but CONGRATS on the MHP deal!

Still looking at your NY Pro pics for motivation - 19 days til Team U!!!
    (What is it with us Boston guys and legs, anyway? LOL)

Also threw in a pic of the Cuban Missile before she left for her CrossFit workout this morning, and a pic of the competitor at the CrossFit Games Northeast Regionals in Canton, MA this weekend. Those people are in awesome shape!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I know I knew about this a while back, but CONGRATS on the MHP deal!

Still looking at your NY Pro pics for motivation - 19 days til Team U!!!
    (What is it with us Boston guys and legs, anyway? LOL)

Also threw in a pic of the Cuban Missile before she left for her CrossFit workout this morning, and a pic of the competitor at the CrossFit Games Northeast Regionals in Canton, MA this weekend. Those people are in awesome shape!
    Must be something in the water! Great pic, I know your going to be in the shape of your life. The Missile looks beautiful as usual and that other woman looks like an Olympic track star, damn!

Jose how many grams of carbs proteins and fats do u eat to get to 225-230 and stay as lean as u do curious to see how much food u have to eat i know u got alot of muscle on a shorter bodybuilder im assuming all that muscle would need alot of calories to grow ?

Awesome job with ur Q. and A Section so far im predicting urs will be 1 of the best on here also congrats on ur MHP deal. its funny 1 day u got no contracts and the next u got an MD contract and now an MHP suppliments contract as well .Got a ton of respect for u man u prove once again hard work will eventually pay off and nothing comes easy all blood ,sweat and tears and i love ur physique thick grainy muscle that is what i aspire to be like maybe not as freaky but that part is in gods hands lol

Quote Originally Posted by vapor1 View Post
    Jose how many grams of carbs proteins and fats do u eat to get to 225-230 and stay as lean as u do curious to see how much food u have to eat i know u got alot of muscle on a shorter bodybuilder im assuming all that muscle would need alot of calories to grow ?

Awesome job with ur Q. and A Section so far im predicting urs will be 1 of the best on here also congrats on ur MHP deal. its funny 1 day u got no contracts and the next u got an MD contract and now an MHP suppliments contract as well .Got a ton of respect for u man u prove once again hard work will eventually pay off and nothing comes easy all blood ,sweat and tears and i love ur physique thick grainy muscle that is what i aspire to be like maybe not as freaky but that part is in gods hands lol
    Thanks Vapor. I get up to 225-230 rather easily just eating more carbs and fat, my protein tends to actually go down in the off-season. I probably eat about 200 grams of protein with 500plus grams of carbs and around 100 grams of fat. I also continue to do a reasonable amount of cardio in the off-season so as not to get too fat. Being as short as I am, it does not look pretty if I get much heavier so I keep in about 3 30 minute sessions of cardio a week. As far as the contract stuff goes, I feel blessed to have the support but to be honest I knew if I kept improving and working my ass off that something good would eventually happen for me.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Jose it was great to see you win at the ny pro,the 202 was so exciting and im so glad MD and MHP picked you up because your good for bodybuilding as an athlete and more so as a person! Its people like you and your girlfriend who keep me interested in bodybuilding!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    Thank you Medina, I train about 15 minutes north of Boston, so whenever you are back from Iraq and would like to train just send me a pm and we'll set it up. Thank you for your service!
    alright thanks a lot man

Quote Originally Posted by Climber213 View Post
    Damn, you answer questions fast and in depth! Every pro takes like 1-2 weeks to answer.
    There are a couple who you could wait 6 months to hear back from and still get nada.

I do give them those questions for their MD columns, but I think it says a lot when a pro like Jose stays on top of his thread and keeps it moving along every day like this.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    Thanks Vapor. I get up to 225-230 rather easily just eating more carbs and fat, my protein tends to actually go down in the off-season. I probably eat about 200 grams of protein with 500plus grams of carbs and around 100 grams of fat. I also continue to do a reasonable amount of cardio in the off-season so as not to get too fat. Being as short as I am, it does not look pretty if I get much heavier so I keep in about 3 30 minute sessions of cardio a week. As far as the contract stuff goes, I feel blessed to have the support but to bWe honest I knew if I kept improving and working my ass off that something good would eventually happen for me.
    Shit man do u find it hard to keep protein that low u must eating like 4 oz cooked protein a meal what would be an example of a couple of ur meals during offseason mode?
    I eat about 400g of protein over 6 mls and a post workout shake learning from the o

Prep coach u worked with all last year and getting great results . so I'm assuming u have about 30-35 protein a meal

Hey man...CONGRATS on the MHP and everything that has been going on with ya!!!! Keep it up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Jose it was great to see you win at the ny pro,the 202 was so exciting and im so glad MD and MHP picked you up because your good for bodybuilding as an athlete and more so as a person! Its people like you and your girlfriend who keep me interested in bodybuilding!
    Thanks Dan, that means a lot to me. I am also very glad to be part of the same team as one of your other favorites Craig Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by vapor1 View Post
    Shit man do u find it hard to keep protein that low u must eating like 4 oz cooked protein a meal what would be an example of a couple of ur meals during offseason mode?
    I eat about 400g of protein over 6 mls and a post workout shake learning from the o

Prep coach u worked with all last year and getting great results . so I'm assuming u have about 30-35 protein a meal
    it's not so much having smaller amounts of protein per meal as it is me not eating as many meals in the off-season. It gets to be a pain in the ass carrying my meals with me everywhere I go so I like to eat like a normal person for a few months and just eat 3-4 meals a day instead of 7

Quote Originally Posted by reno210 View Post
    Hey man...CONGRATS on the MHP and everything that has been going on with ya!!!! Keep it up!!!
    Thank you my friend. See you when you come up to Boston.

Do you workout??
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

more importantly do you have a workout partner?

Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast