Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Boston Mass: Jose Raymond

How tall are you Jose? Do you think shorter guys like us have an advantage at adding mass? Or does it work against us?

Thanks.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    Do you workout??
    From time to time but I really like to train with guidos from the Dirty Jerz if you know of any?

Quote Originally Posted by Climber213 View Post
    How tall are you Jose? Do you think shorter guys like us have an advantage at adding mass? Or does it work against us?

Thanks.
    Im 5'4 on a good day. Im not sure there is any advantage to being short other doing a limbo contest or being a horse jockey. I think in bodybuilding it is a disadvantage because you could have the same muscle quality,shape,symmetry,condition and still lose to a taller competitor. I think this is why the 202 was invented, not because of size but because it is so hard to judge a great short physique against a great tall physique, the eye just moves to the taller guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    Thank you Charlene, your the best. We got some work to do girl!!!!!

Oh don't I know it!
    Do it now because sometimes later becomes never.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Thanks Dan, that means a lot to me. I am also very glad to be part of the same team as one of your other favorites Craig Richardson.
    Yeah Im getting old lol! I saw Craig win the lightheavies at the nationals and me and my buddies just happened to be sitting in front of his wife and she gave us craigs 03 pro debut t shirts at the night of champions! Craig And Harley also sent me a thank you letter in the mail along with signed pictures! Man im so happy to support guys like craig and you! This was Craigs debut on the T shirt lol!
    Last edited by mayor of bodybuilding; June 20th, 2011 at 01:56 PM.

Dedicated Noob

"The Boston Mass" and "The Freak" doing a leg work out would be sick.

hey jose, i know youre a big fan of barbell squatting, have you ever had any serious groin, abductor injuries over the years? what did you do to alleviate, i have had tender abductor/groin region on my right leg, which makes barbell squatting a bit painful but doable, i do a huge warmup before squatting, eg 5 min bike, dynamic stretches, leg extensions to get blood in, abductor machine just to get blood in, more dynamic stretch to loosen up groin, hips etc, then i start with either barbell squat, if i take the descent on the squat slow and controlled its fine, although i do worry about it

im going to ice my groin/abductor region now after a leg workout, any advice bro?? thanks,

From time to time but I really like to train with guidos from the Dirty Jerz if you know of any?
    how about you call me back as per our conversation yesterday? Trying to plan the weekend for your arrival sir!
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Im 5'4 on a good day. Im not sure there is any advantage to being short other doing a limbo contest or being a horse jockey. I think in bodybuilding it is a disadvantage because you could have the same muscle quality,shape,symmetry,condition and still lose to a taller competitor. I think this is why the 202 was invented, not because of size but because it is so hard to judge a great short physique against a great tall physique, the eye just moves to the taller guy.
    Thanks for the reply, I agree about people looking more at taller physiques, but height can also work against you, it's harder to "look" the same size of a shorter person, because you need to add on so much mass. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats what I think.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Quote Originally Posted by ukstrongman View Post
    hey jose, i know youre a big fan of barbell squatting, have you ever had any serious groin, abductor injuries over the years? what did you do to alleviate, i have had tender abductor/groin region on my right leg, which makes barbell squatting a bit painful but doable, i do a huge warmup before squatting, eg 5 min bike, dynamic stretches, leg extensions to get blood in, abductor machine just to get blood in, more dynamic stretch to loosen up groin, hips etc, then i start with either barbell squat, if i take the descent on the squat slow and controlled its fine, although i do worry about it

im going to ice my groin/abductor region now after a leg workout, any advice bro?? thanks,
    I have been lucky enough not to have had those kinds of issues but I can say that when I do have any issues at all I get physical therapy as soon as possible and stay on top of it until I am feeling better. It is important to get professional help because they may find the underlying issue which may not be your adductors at all, it may be back weekness or lateralis weekness and a therapist will be able to diagnose and correct these issues and save you some valuable time in the gym.

IFBB Pro's are forced to make many tough sacrifices in their life and for their profession which begins for many as a dream in pursuit of the ultimate goal in bodybuilding...to become Mr.Olympia. In this hypothetical let us put aside all the how's and all other technicalities you can think of.
    You are approached my an ancient and mystic guru of bodybuilding who presents you with the ultimate supplementation, training regime and nutrition that would guarantee you to attain a physique that would crown you as the next Mr. Olympia (a perfect score from the judges). One that would be talked about for decades and decades after you are long gone with statues build in homage to your god-like aesthetics and muscularity. The only price it would cost you is....your lovely and coveted head of hair. Would you take this offer? Is the title and glory of being Mr.Olympia worth the precious and prized hair atop the head of the Boston Mass Jose Raymond?
    When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead...True Story.

Quote Originally Posted by jam.josh View Post
    IFBB Pro's are forced to make many tough sacrifices in their life and for their profession which begins for many as a dream in pursuit of the ultimate goal in bodybuilding...to become Mr.Olympia. In this hypothetical let us put aside all the how's and all other technicalities you can think of.
    You are approached my an ancient and mystic guru of bodybuilding who presents you with the ultimate supplementation, training regime and nutrition that would guarantee you to attain a physique that would crown you as the next Mr. Olympia (a perfect score from the judges). One that would be talked about for decades and decades after you are long gone with statues build in homage to your god-like aesthetics and muscularity. The only price it would cost you is....your lovely and coveted head of hair. Would you take this offer? Is the title and glory of being Mr.Olympia worth the precious and prized hair atop the head of the Boston Mass Jose Raymond?
    Great and funny question. One of the Greatest of all time Ronnie Coleman was bald as was Shawn Ray and many other greats. I also shaved my head bald for most of my college years and had no problem with it. So to answer your question, HELL YES!!!!!

LMAO to the question and the answer!
    Do it now because sometimes later becomes never.

Nobody

Jose,

Congrats on the new signing with MHP.. Goodluck in September.. Keep up the hard work and it is starting to pay off but, a win in september will finish this year off good...

Great seeing you today and you are doing an awesome job getting Jen Iritano ready for Team U Figure!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Harris; June 22nd, 2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: sp
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Great seeing you today and you are doing an awesome job getting Jen Iritano ready for Team U Figure!
    You too brother, this is the best I've seen you and you still got two and a half weeks to get crazy dry. Those legs will be the best at Team U guaranteed

awesome pecs ron! how much you bench? LOL!
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Page 7 of 128 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast