Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 128 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Boston Mass: Jose Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    awesome pecs ron! how much you bench? LOL!
    Easy answer - ZERO.

All I do for chest these days is 3 sets of a cable crossover or pec flye machine and 3 sets of any incline press, after shoulders. If I was really smart I would have laid off quads a long time ago too.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Jose, how your diet is looking like these days after comp meal by meal?
    you look great!

Hey bud, congrats on the two sponorship deals.

1- who has your current fav physique in the ifbb ? you can't pick your own.
    2- who has the all time "best" physique?

P.s you looked incredible at N.Y as did Flex, so well done on the win!

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    Jose, how your diet is looking like these days after comp meal by meal?
    you look great!
    I took a few weeks off after New York, now I am back on track at 12 weeks out and eating very clean with the occasional cheat for the next few weeks then it's on. Breakfast steak,eggs,oats, all other meals chicken and rice, bison and rice or sweet potato and a coupls shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 7point13 View Post
    Hey bud, congrats on the two sponorship deals.

1- who has your current fav physique in the ifbb ? you can't pick your own.
    2- who has the all time "best" physique?

P.s you looked incredible at N.Y as did Flex, so well done on the win!
    Thank you. Your questions are very difficult, it's like asking whos the hottest chick? They are all beautiful in there own way. Since Jay is number one in the world I'd have to say him, but if I had to answer Id probably say Branch is someone I can most relate to, since he does not have the greatest structure and has had to kill himself to get that crazy gnarly look and I feel I fall into the same category as far as not being blessed with the best shape or flow but I work my ass off to get to the top. Favorite all time is tough too but I always remember looking at shawn Ray when I was a kid and thinking this guy looks fake, like plastic or something with perfect proportions and skin and every muscle just popped.

Quick question for you jose . Do you ever visit martha's vineyard ??? Its basically in your back yard ...come an train here for a day an just chill out an relax .

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyT View Post
    Quick question for you jose . Do you ever visit martha's vineyard ??? Its basically in your back yard ...come an train here for a day an just chill out an relax .
    I've only been there twice in my life, its about a 2 hour ride and another hour on the ferry but I love it there and if I ever go I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Easy answer - ZERO.

All I do for chest these days is 3 sets of a cable crossover or pec flye machine and 3 sets of any incline press, after shoulders. If I was really smart I would have laid off quads a long time ago too.
    have you had shoulder trouble?

why do you say that about quads?

Hey jose ive read before u have shoulder issues and u do alot of pre exhaust for ur chest and shoulder training have u ever had issues with ur bursas in the shoulder.I get deep tissue massage every week reguarly but every time i start a new cycle with supersups i manage to flair it up or agrrevate something it realy sux just when u start to make gains and get stronger something like this happens what would be the best advice u could give for someone with this sort of ongoing issues and what is a typical chest workout for u these days when staying injury free

Quote Originally Posted by vapor1 View Post
    Hey jose ive read before u have shoulder issues and u do alot of pre exhaust for ur chest and shoulder training have u ever had issues with ur bursas in the shoulder.I get deep tissue massage every week reguarly but every time i start a new cycle with supersups i manage to flair it up or agrrevate something it realy sux just when u start to make gains and get stronger something like this happens what would be the best advice u could give for someone with this sort of ongoing issues and what is a typical chest workout for u these days when staying injury free
    I have never had issues with bursars in my shoulders thank god but I do have severe impingemet in the shoulder. I do a lot of pre-exhaust/isolation exercises before any heavy compound movements because it brings a lot of blood to the area and seems to tighten my entire shoulder complex which allows for safer and more sturdy motion. The best advice I can give which I live by is if it hurts that bad, dont do it. There are many ways to skin a cat and a variety of exercises to stimulate your muscles without causing pain. Just because everybody flat benches doesnt mean you have to, I have only flat benched maybe once or twice in the past year and made significant gains in my chest. that's just an example but you get the picture. My typical chest workout starts with 4-5 sets of cable flys until the chest is fully engorged then I move to incline barbell presses followed by hammer stength flat press, inlcline or flat db flys and finish with bodyweight dips. I usually do 4 sets of each exercise.

Hey Jose, How did you train during your teen years? What was the diet like?

Thanks.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Jose, when you're prepping, does your body lean out evenly or do you have an area that lags behind condition wise (a la Ron and me with our legs). Any methods you've found that help with that, either with yourself or your clients?

And congrats on the win and the sponsorships., I've been following you for years on the Daily Pump and your success is both inspiring and long overdue.
    I min/max my physique

Quote Originally Posted by Climber213 View Post
    Hey Jose, How did you train during your teen years? What was the diet like?

Thanks.
    I trained and dieted with my older brother Tito and he kept me from making a lot of the mistakes that teen make early on. I trained heavy with high volume but did mostly power movement such as squats,dead, power cleans because I was playing football and by the time I was 18 I looked like a bodybuilder so my brother conviced me to compete. I won the overall Teen New England, went on to place 2nd in my class at Teen Nationals the same year Craig Richardson won in 94 and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Spiko View Post
    Jose, when you're prepping, does your body lean out evenly or do you have an area that lags behind condition wise (a la Ron and me with our legs). Any methods you've found that help with that, either with yourself or your clients?

And congrats on the win and the sponsorships., I've been following you for years on the Daily Pump and your success is both inspiring and long overdue.
    I think like anyone I have stubborn areas but I dont really worry about it. I think you just have to diet and suffer long enough to get it all off. My lower back and glutes are the last to come in but with enough persistance they get lean and dry like the rest of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    I trained and dieted with my older brother Tito and he kept me from making a lot of the mistakes that teen make early on. I trained heavy with high volume but did mostly power movement such as squats,dead, power cleans because I was playing football and by the time I was 18 I looked like a bodybuilder so my brother conviced me to compete. I won the overall Teen New England, went on to place 2nd in my class at Teen Nationals the same year Craig Richardson won in 94 and the rest is history.
    Damn! That's impressive, Thanks for sharing.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    have you had shoulder trouble?

why do you say that about quads?
    Advanced arthritis in both shoulders and a big bone spur in the left one (will have surgery later this year, finally) - also had a minor pec tear back in December. Chest and quads have always grown faster for me than everything else, which is why I should have backed off on them at some point. Bodybuilding is supposed to be about the most perfectly balanced physique you can build, not some really strong parts and some that are pretty weak.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Barbarian

Congrats on your recent sponsorship and your NY Pro win. You looked ridiculous. I have a question about cardio intensity. I'm not looking to compete or anything just bring more lines and vascularity out in my legs. As of right now I don't do any cardio but my upper half is quite lean so when I start, I think that only half hour a day at most will be sufficient. What do you believe is the best level of intensity on the stepmill to achieve maximum fat loss while maintaining as much muscle as possible in just a half hour.

Page 8 of 128 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast