Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with the Boston Mass: Jose Raymond

hey jose,

when a bodybuilder thanks his supplement company, are they referring to the paid food provided, supplements , etcc ??

They are thanking them for allowing them to live there dream lol! Most endorsements for high end pros include pay, free supplements, and paid travel expenses. Most amateur endorsements are just free supplements and both get the advantage of having there image out to the masses and free promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by cbennis32 View Post
    Congrats on your recent sponsorship and your NY Pro win. You looked ridiculous. I have a question about cardio intensity. I'm not looking to compete or anything just bring more lines and vascularity out in my legs. As of right now I don't do any cardio but my upper half is quite lean so when I start, I think that only half hour a day at most will be sufficient. What do you believe is the best level of intensity on the stepmill to achieve maximum fat loss while maintaining as much muscle as possible in just a half hour.
    when Im on the stairs I do it at a level that does not allow me to do anything else but focus on the stairs. I cant text, read or take phone calls. Half the time I not listening to music, I just keep my headphones in to keep people from starting a conversation with me. I keep the speed anywhere between 6 and 10 depending on the particular machine.

Quote Originally Posted by muscleten View Post
    hey jose,

when a bodybuilder thanks his supplement company, are they referring to the paid food provided, supplements , etcc ??
    yes Im sure that is part of it. There are so many things that go on that you wouldnt see or think of. Booking flights,hotels,cars etc making travel and the whole experience easier on the athlete. I am very luck to be part of a close knit Team at MHP so when I thank them its also to thank for the moral support and interaction that makes me feel like a champion and true professional. So far in my short time with MHP I think I have received a personal phone call from each person in the office to see if and what I needed, that is how it should be. If you treat your team and employees like champions and with the utmost respect, they will run through a wall for you and that's the way i feel right now! Go Big Blue!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Marcano View Post
    They are thanking them for allowing them to live there dream lol! Most endorsements for high end pros include pay, free supplements, and paid travel expenses. Most amateur endorsements are just free supplements and both get the advantage of having there image out to the masses and free promotion.
    I dont like to think of these amateur contracts as "free" supplements. Myself and many others who have had these type of contracts have worked there tail off to build a brand name for themselves and earn the respect of fans,judges,competitors and heads of companies, therefore earning every nickel of the cost of those supps. Nothing in life is free!

jose i know you said you were going to outline your ny pro training and nutrition in an up coming MD issue but can you just touch on what do you do as a foundation for any routine you choose...what i mean is sets per bodypart..large and small...rep range...how many excersises in those sets, example...chest..16 sets 4 dif excersise 8 to 12 reps..that sort of thing...and thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of us in length!! im sure this can get to be a pain in the ass at points but again thanks ....looking foward to your MD work

Great having you on Team MHP.
    Strength in life and lifting.
    shawnbellon.com

Quote Originally Posted by jsanatar View Post
    jose i know you said you were going to outline your ny pro training and nutrition in an up coming MD issue but can you just touch on what do you do as a foundation for any routine you choose...what i mean is sets per bodypart..large and small...rep range...how many excersises in those sets, example...chest..16 sets 4 dif excersise 8 to 12 reps..that sort of thing...and thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of us in length!! im sure this can get to be a pain in the ass at points but again thanks ....looking foward to your MD work
    you actually hit it on the head. I do 4 sets of 4 sometimes 5 different exercises 8-25 reps. It really depends on the body part and how Im feeling on that particular day. Bigger bodyparts tend to get more attention as far as exercises, example back or legs will almost always get 5 exercises per workout where arms only get 3 exercises maybe 4 on a good day but if I do less sets I tend to do more drop sets or super sets, keeping the total volume high.

Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE View Post
    Great having you on Team MHP.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    I took a few weeks off after New York, now I am back on track at 12 weeks out and eating very clean with the occasional cheat for the next few weeks then it's on. Breakfast steak,eggs,oats, all other meals chicken and rice, bison and rice or sweet potato and a coupls shakes.
    Thanks. And how much carbs and protein it would be?

you actually hit it on the head. I do 4 sets of 4 sometimes 5 different exercises 8-25 reps. It really depends on the body part and how Im feeling on that particular day. Bigger bodyparts tend to get more attention as far as exercises, example back or legs will almost always get 5 exercises per workout where arms only get 3 exercises maybe 4 on a good day but if I do less sets I tend to do more drop sets or super sets, keeping the total volume high.
    thanks alot jose for taking the time to answer me and it helps to know im on course for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    Thanks. And how much carbs and protein it would be?
    at this point im somewhere around 350grams carbs 300protein, carbs will go down as I get closer.

Jose, How often do you deload/train light with less intensity and not going to failure? And how often do you take a week off?

Thanks.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Quote Originally Posted by Climber213 View Post
    Jose, How often do you deload/train light with less intensity and not going to failure? And how often do you take a week off?

Thanks.
    Thats a tricky question. I dont usually go to complete failure as in cant move anymore, I think this can be a little dangerous but I do my reps until I cant do them safely or my form breaks. I only take time off from the gym after a competition. I took 8 weeks off after my last show last year and another 2 weeks off after New York this year.

Jose, you say you took 8 weeks off last year. I assume you maintain your diet and everything on that break? Or do you slack just a little bit to take full advantage of the time off?

Quote Originally Posted by farrellzach View Post
    Jose, you say you took 8 weeks off last year. I assume you maintain your diet and everything on that break? Or do you slack just a little bit to take full advantage of the time off?
    I slack a little but the base of my diet was clean and I actually lost a few lbs went down to about 215 as appose to my usual 225-230lb off-season weight.

I slack a little but the base of my diet was clean and I actually lost a few lbs went down to about 215 as appose to my usual 225-230lb off-season weight.
    So it's safe to say that aside from post-competition, you don't take a week off or go lighter? Don't you ever overtrain psychologically from all the intensity with the training. Like burned out mind wise, body too?
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Page 9 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast