Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planning your trip to the 2012 Arnold Classic

Quote Originally Posted by teddy788 View Post
    Adina, what hotel is the little party at that you and the other MD forum folks usually attend?
    The place to be is the bar at the Hyatt Regency. Where we will probably all meet for dinner is Max and Erma's.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    The place to be is the bar at the Hyatt Regency. Where we will probably all meet for dinner is Max and Erma's.
    Adina an MD meet up is a must at the Arnold! See you in 9 weeks!

ASC invites to be announced by the end of the week. Probably Thursday or Friday.

Brent

The best place to be is the Hyatt Regency bar. That's where the real fun is. The after parties are getting better through the years, but the Hyatt is still the best place. Everyone will be there!

I'll also plan a forum member dinner as it gets closer. More than likely for Friday night, very late...like 10:00PM.
    No one told me that last year Adina~ Of coarse I was at the other Hyatt last year about 1 mile from expo~ Hope to not make that mistake this year

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldsports View Post
    ASC invites to be announced by the end of the week. Probably Thursday or Friday.

Brent
    Great news Brent! Thank you for update

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Williams-Gulman View Post
    No one told me that last year Adina~ Of coarse I was at the other Hyatt last year about 1 mile from expo~ Hope to not make that mistake this year
    I've been fortunate enough to stay down town every time, but I did get off the shuttle bus at the wrong Hyatt year before last!

Brent
    Music to my ears! I know Evan,Branch and Dennis wolf are in for sure!

I've been fortunate enough to stay down town every time, but I did get off the shuttle bus at the wrong Hyatt year before last!
    The is now only one Hyatt in Columbus. The Hyatt Regency that is adjacent to the convention center and home of the "big bar."

The old Hyatt on Capitol Square is now the Sheraton Columbus.

Also, the Hilton Columbus that is under construction across from the convention center will not be ready for 2012, but will be open for 2013. It will have about 600 rooms.

Brent

The is now only one Hyatt in Columbus. The Hyatt Regency that is adjacent to the convention center and home of the "big bar."

Also, the Hilton Columbus that is under construction across from the convention center will not be ready for 2012, but will be open for 2013. It will have about 600 rooms.

Brent
    I wondered if the new hotel would be ready. It looks like it will be a nice one.

Brent
    That will be so much easier with only 1 Hyatt now

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Music to my ears! I know Evan,Branch and Dennis wolf are in for sure!
    I really hope Evan takes it this year~ Great Physique ( well balanced all around) and a great guy for fans to look up too!

Barbarian christianausdemspreewald's Avatar

First, you have to decide how much you want to spend. If you want to stay down today, within walking distance of the venue, you're looking at around $300 a night. The farther out you go, the cheaper it gets. Stay 2 miles away, and you can get one for 60 bucks.

Of course, then you have to factor in rent car or taxi rides. If you're going to go that route, you want to book a package deal through orbitz or the like, where you can get car, hotel, and air as a package deal.

So, tell me how much you're looking to spend, and I can give you a list of choices.

Will you be covering the show for your website?
    Yes for sure, the show will be covering.
    We coverering all shows, pro show and the important amateur shows, so that the german fan base is informed.
    In the next day's I will planing my trip, is late I know, and let you know how much, when etc..

Quote Originally Posted by christianausdemspreewald View Post
    Yes for sure, the show will be covering.
    We coverering all shows, pro show and the important amateur shows, so that the german fan base is informed.
    In the next day's I will planing my trip, is late I know, and let you know how much, when etc..
    No problem! I'll be happy to help!

Default 2012 Arnold Invites

Branch Warren To Defend Title
    at 2012 Arnold Classic

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Branch Warren will return to the competitive stage for the first time in nearly a year when he defends his title at the 24th Annual Arnold Classic at the 2012 Arnold Sports Festival.
    Warren, who won the Arnold Classic and the British Grand Prix in March 2011, did not compete in the 2011 Olympia due to an injury. He will face three-time Arnold Classic champ and 2011 Arnold Classic Europe runner-up Dexter Jackson, 2011 Arnold Classic runner-up Dennis Wolf and 2011 fourth-place finisher Evan Centopani in an international field of 14 competitors.

In the Ms. International contest, six-time champion Iris Kyle will gun for her third straight victory in Columbus. She will be challenged by four-time Ms. I winner Yaxeni Oriquen and 2011 third-place finisher Alina Popa in a field of 15.

Four-time champ Adela Garcia will defend her Fitness International title against a field of 17 that includes 2011 runner-up and 2011 Arnold Fitness Europe winner Tanji Johnson and Camala Rodriguez, who finished fourth in Columbus last year.

Two-time defending champ Nicole Wilkins and 2011 runner-up Erin Stern will resume their rivalry at the 2012 Figure International. Ava Cowan, who finished third in 2011, Cheryl Brown (5th in 2011) and Teresa Anthony (6th in 2011) also highlight the field of 16.

Nicole Nagrani, winner of the inaugural Bikini International in 2011, is back to defend and will face a field of 18 that includes Sonia Gonzales and Nathalia Melo, who finish second and third, respectively, in 2011.

Matthias Botthof (Arnold Classic), Alevtina Goroshinkaya (Ms. International), Diana Monteiro (Fitness International), and Raquel Hernandez (Figure) earn automatic invites based on overall victories in their respective classes at the 2011 Arnold Amateur IFBB Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships. Gloria Keplinger Tarpley earned an invite into the Figure International based on her overall win at the 2010 Arnold Amateur.

The 24th Annual Arnold Classic, Ms. International, Fitness International, Figure International and Bikini International contests will be held March 2-3 at Veteran Memorial and the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio during the Arnold Sports Festival. Visit www.arnoldsportsfestival.com for more information and www.ticketmaster.com/arnold for ticket information.

2012 Arnold Classic, Ms. International, Fitness International, Figure International and Bikini International Invite Lists:

2012 Arnold Classic (14)

Fouad Abiad
    Gustavo Badell
    Lionel Beyeke
    Matthias Botthof
    Evan Centopani
    Eduardo Correa
    Brandon Curry
    Dexter Jackson
    Michael Kefalianos
    Ben Pakulski
    Shawn Rhoden
    Branch Warren
    Ben White
    Dennis Wolf

2012 Ms. International (15)
    Maria Rita Bello
    Brigita Brezovac
    Kim Buck
    Tina Chandler
    Alevtina Goroshinskaya
    Monique Jones
    Iris Kyle
    Debi Laszewski
    Cathy LeFrancois
    Zoa Lindsey
    Geraldine Morgan
    Yaxeni Oriquen
    Kim Perez
    Alina Popa
    Maria Segura

2012 Fitness International (17)
    Michelle Blank
    Jodi Boam
    Myriam Capes
    Regiane Da Silva
    Tina Durkin
    Allison Ethier
    Adela Garcia
    Oksana Grishina
    Tanji Johnson
    Diana Monteiro
    Julie Palmer
    Kayde Puckett
    Camala Rodriguez
    Daniella Ruban
    Kizzy Vaines
    Sheri Vucick
    Bethany Wagner

2012 Figure International (16)
    Jelena Abbou
    Teresa Anthony
    Cheryl Brown
    Krissy Chin
    Ava Cowan
    Heather Dees
    Alicia Harris
    Raquel Hernandez
    Candice Keene
    Gloria Keplinger Tarpley
    Sue Knott
    Larissa Reis
    Erin Stern
    Gennifer Strobo
    Latisha Wilder
    Nicole Wilkins

2012 Bikini International (18)

Jennifer Andrews
    Jaime Baird
    Abbie Burrows
    Juliana Daniell
    Sonia Gonzales
    Candyce Graham
    Diana Graham
    Jessica Jessie
    Lexi Kaufman
    Nathalia Melo
    Justine Munro
    Nicole Nagrani
    India Paulino
    Jessica Paxson
    Natalie Pennington
    Monique Ricardo
    Tianna Ta
    Christine Vargas

Outstanding Linup and Im going to support Evan to the Max!

I'm starting to get a lot of messages about hotel choices. This guide from the Arnold website is the absolute best hotel tool to use. The first year I went, I used this to pick my room.
    http://arnoldsportsfestival.com/find-a-hotel/

Just be sure to factor in taxi costs or parking costs if you're renting. Your initial taxi ride from the air port will be in the range of $20 to $25.

If you're taxing from your hotel, you can pretty much stay all day. At the Olympia, there's generally a few hours between when the expo ends and the night show beings. At the Arnold, everyone just buses from the expo to the show. You won't have to go back and forth to change.

Freak of Nature

hmm I am thinking about going, trying to see how much it is gonna cost me! Knowing me I'll decide last minute when theres no hotels and it will cost way too much LOL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast