Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intense Back Training with Darron "Hollywood" Glenn 4 weeks out from USAs

I'll be as objective as possible, with the intent of being constructive.

He looks good for 4 weeks out. Hell I'll say great, but judging for them '09 Jr nats where he won, he'll certainly have to bring a new level of conditioning to the USA stage. His legs were not up to par in 09, and there were no legs shown in this video. If he's going for the overall, he better bring in those legs to match that amazing upper body.

Not doubting Don long's ability to help him achieve that at all btw, just pointing out the fact that IF he comes in shredded and full, he'll have a shot battling it out with guys like kuclo for the overall. The USAs are incredibly challenging and the contest brings in some incredible people. Incredibly huge people I might add too (Jason huh dwarfed the shit out of everyone else in 2010).

I sincerely hope this guy gets a pro card. This v-taper and thickness are crazy, but that alone is not enough to win against the dudes going into it. Soon after a video of a promising amateur is posted, another amateur that could do damage pops up.

You really don't know what to expect at the USAs...

Best of luck darron.

Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Multi-gigabyte higher quality video version for Darron's fans than we typically run on the website. Youtube can pay for it:

Liked and Favorited on youtube appreciate the link. The quality of this video is perfect, the workout was perfect, his drive was there, the mental focus was beyond amazing. This guy knows what he wants and just does what he has to do to obtain his goals. Truly amazing video man wholy crap I'm definately watching this video many many many more times to come. Goodluck to you I look forward to seeing your progress over time and seeing many more videos

Hollywood looks like he packed on a little more size...symmetry is legit and his conditioning is always spot on. I hope he gets his pro card. He seems like a really good dude.
    "Do not demand what you cannot take by force."

Love the Diamond Cutter ref. even though most people on here don't know who Diamond Dalls Page is LOL!

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by josebb View Post
    He looks good for 4 weeks out.
    Just to be clear, Darron was shot for this "5 weeks out" on Friday, June 24th after the Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships Meet the Pros press conference. Not trying to confuse anyone regarding his conditioning; or maybe we are, lol. The video production was complete before the end of June. Darron might can dredge up a current pic.

It's great to see someone thats as humble as he is hungry,and to hear you thanking former coaches and trainers as well as giving homage to your present coach DON really shows your understanding that though each man stands on that stage alone, yet in order to get to the top that you must have a great support system behind you , and it seems like you definitely have that! Great video I usually watch about a minute into bodybuilding videos cause mostly the subject's workouts don't impress or they are'nt intense, but I gotta say you definitely brought it...Best Of Luck!

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_29 View Post
    Liked and Favorited on youtube appreciate the link. The quality of this video is perfect, the workout was perfect, his drive was there, the mental focus was beyond amazing. This guy knows what he wants and just does what he has to do to obtain his goals. Truly amazing video man wholy crap I'm definately watching this video many many many more times to come. Goodluck to you I look forward to seeing your progress over time and seeing many more videos
    For my part thanks Angelo. Thanks for the props regarding the video aspects and interest in viewing it again and again. That's affirmation that we are doing the sort of work people want to see of great athletes. This was a challenge to shoot as I had to get close, but indeed the Planet Fitness sentiments came to mind as Darron was so focused, moving fast for a big man and was certainly a bit intimidating. I only got too close once and hit by a piece of equipment when he was doing lat pull downs. It was a wild shoot. The lions, tigers and bears got nothing on Darron. Looking forward to shooting him as an IFBB professional in the future

Quote Originally Posted by black23 View Post
    It's great to see someone thats as humble as he is hungry,and to hear you thanking former coaches and trainers as well as giving homage to your present coach DON really shows your understanding that though each man stands on that stage alone, yet in order to get to the top that you must have a great support system behind you , and it seems like you definitely have that! Great video I usually watch about a minute into bodybuilding videos cause mostly the subject's workouts don't impress or they are'nt intense, but I gotta say you definitely brought it...Best Of Luck!
    Big Don I gotta say I've always been a fan of your Physique and Mustache , my ex girlfriend had a mad crush on ya and would lose her mind when you would step out on the stage lol!!

Arnold's old philosophy of STAY HUNGRY is easy to apply to Darron. But wanting something badly doesn't get you a pro qualification. The guys I've seen go pro looked like pros when they walked onstage. What matters is that the total package is there: conditioning, size, presentation.

Best of luck to Darron and Team Long. Very humble young man with a great physique, definitely see him doing some damage in the light heavys. I'm sure he/Don have sat down and looked at all his strengths/weaknesses to make the necessary changes to bring a winning physique to the stage on July 29th......

lhw winner right here and possibly overall
    instagram: lightsout50

Quote Originally Posted by black23 View Post
    Big Don I gotta say I've always been a fan of your Physique and Mustache , my ex girlfriend had a mad crush on ya and would lose her mind when you would step out on the stage lol!!
    lol....thanks a lot man

like this dudes motivation and self drive..

good video md

Banned

Future Mr Olympia?

Yo Hollywood! What show did you re-qualify at for the USA. I know you won the Jr USAs in 09 but the eligibility is only good for 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by rbartley29 View Post
    Yo Hollywood! What show did you re-qualify at for the USA. I know you won the Jr USAs in 09 but the eligibility is only good for 1 year.
    IF YOU WIN A NATIONAL SHOW ITS 2 YEARS..

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
    All contestants must be registered as athletes with the computer service of the National Physique Committee as of JULY 8, 2011 (Entry Deadline). For
    an application, contact the NPC at P.O. Box 3711, Pittsburgh, PA 15230 412-276-5027. YOU MAY NOT REGISTER FOR AN NPC CARD ON THE
    DAY OF THE CONTEST.
    1. You MUST be a U.S. Citizen to enter this event and proof MUST be sent with entry (copy of birth certificate, Naturalization certificate,
    passport, or DD214 (military discharge). DRIVER LICENSES, VOTER REGISTRATION OR SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF
    CITIZENSHIP
    2. You MUST NOT currently be suspended by the NPC.
    3. In order for a U.S. bodybuilding and/or figure athlete to be eligible for the 2011 NPC USA Bodybuilding, Figure & Bikini Championships, the
    athlete must have competed since January 1, 2009, and obtained one of the following placements in an NPC-sanctioned event:
    • Among the first 5 in his/her weight group in the NPC Nationals, NPC USA or IFBB North American Championships
    • Among the first 5 in his/her weight group in the Jr. National or Jr. USA Bodybuilding Championships
    • Among the top 5 in his/her weight class in the Teenage, Collegiate or Masters Nationals Bodybuilding Championships
    • Among the first 2 in his/her weight class in the Armed Forces National Bodybuilding Championships
    • Among the first 2 in his/her weight class in an area level bodybuilding Championship designated as a National Qualifier
    • As the Overall winner in a District level bodybuilding Championship designated as a National qualifying contest
    • Class winners at the USA and Nationals will be given 5 years of eligibility
    • Figure competitors must have placed in the top 3 in their respective height class in a NPC-sanctioned figure or bikini event designated as a
    national qualifying contest since January 1, 2009, and must be eligible under Items 1, 2, and 3
    • Bikini competitors must have placed in the top 5 in their respective class in a contest designated as a national qualifier since January 1, 2009
    and must be eligible under Items 1, 2, and 3.
    • Men’s Physique competitors must hav

Whats up Don. Hollywood looks amazing man. Pro card at the USA's is in the bag.

I've known Hollywood for years and if you want a true inspiration, its Hollywood. He has lived and breathed bodybuilding everyday since beginning. He has always had a great attitude, no matter what. Wood is the real deal. I'm proud of you Hollywood, it's your time.

G Lee

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast