Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intense Back Training with Darron "Hollywood" Glenn 4 weeks out from USAs

Default Intense Back Training with Darron "Hollywood" Glenn 4 weeks out from USAs

Leaving no stone unturned, the 2009 Jr. USA Overall Champion Darron Hollywood Glenn shares with viewers an intense workout filmed at the downtown Tampa, Florida Powerhouse gym. Hollywood is headed to the USA's and with Trainer and IFBB Pro Don Long in his camp. If Hollywood can get his conditioning right Long may hit the trifecta adding to his stable of new pros that include Brandon Ray and Al Auguste, who recently won the Tampa Pro in his debut. Hollywoods' intensity and hunger for the overall USA title shown here raise the bar for his competition.

Thanks to MD for allowing me the to showcase to the world how me and my coach get down. My main goal is to bring a great product to the USA's. Under the guidence of Don and Sarah Long I plan on bringing a product that will show the many sacrifices and commitments that where made in the end results.

Thanks,
    Darron"Hollywood" Glenn
    "Victory Loves Preparation"

Good luck.

I have a feeling Planet Fitness would hate you!

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by big wood View Post
    Thanks to MD for allowing me the to showcase to the world how me and my coach get down. My main goal is to bring a great product to the USA's. Under the guidence of Don and Sarah Long I plan on bringing a product that will show the many sacrifices and commitments that where made in the end results.

Thanks,
    Darron"Hollywood" Glenn
    Thanks to Mr. Blechman for hooking up this shoot Darron. For me this has to have been one of the most satisfying I've been involved with producing over the last five years. You are a real guy that trains with intensity who has a good heart, strong spirit and work ethic with an interesting way of expressing yourself that in my view makes for good bodybuilding motivation and entertainment. Thank you Darron.

Rock Vegas Big Dawg

Thanks John musclepapa that was good quality production your the man. I have always enjoyed your work
    "Victory Loves Preparation"

This guy is a beast man, Yo I hope you win your class and take that overall. That's what it's about you see so much lackluster training and effort from many guys and it becomes tiring. You train to win and Win Big good luck man.

Looking really good, sick front latspread!
    If you dial it in you will atleast top3 in my book.

Hoping for the best man! Don Long seems like a great coach

that was a very interesting video. you definitely had some crazy intensity and volume.

Default Lat pull down

This guy looks great. Whats with the lat pulldowns... is it better to decrease the weights a little to get stricter form. It seems to work for him but not a good example for someone just starting out.

Default Lat Pulldown

It's great to increase the intensity with heavier weights, but you defeat the purpose of the exercise itself if you don't maintain a certain angle of pull. I'm not saying form has to be perfect, but what is the point of doing a lat pulldown when you swing back that far? The angle of pull you create becomes a high-pulley wide-grip seated row. The point of the lat pulldown is to retract the scapula, but if you lean back that far, you're plastering rhomboids, and to a far lesser degree, the lats.

I hope you all don't take this as negative criticism. I actually feel I've been constructive and that some people can learn from this. The point is not perfection, because clearly different approaches work for different people. The point of my interjection is to clearly delineate the purpose of separate exercises, much as Dorian Yates did with his back exercises. In other words, Dorian never did a lat pulldown leaning all the way back, followed by a similar angle of pull with a wide-grip row because that would be redundant and the muscle he already targeted with his first exercise was theoretically fatigued enough (i.e. - not overtraining).

However, if this exercise feels good to you (being the individuals reading this, newbies, etc.), then keep doing it. If you feel it stimulates you, I'd keep doing it. I just don't see what momentum from swinging can possibly do better than a regular lat pulldown besides work ancillary muscles that we aren't trying to target.

Don Long kicks ass!
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Great video Musclepapa,..Darrons' a beast in the gym, this is him every day he hits the gym , very dedicated and discipline BB.. out of the gym he's works full time in a warehouse 100 degrees all day...very humble and respectful, my wife and I can't get him to stop calling us sir and mam .. lol...very good guy for the sport

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Don Long, always been a fan of you right back when you got 3rd place at the NOC (I was 19 at the time, about when I got into BB'ing). Amazing to see what you have achieved, and managed to overcome some major health issues. A true Pro in this sport.

Will watch Darron's video on my morning break, sounds good. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift View Post
    Don Long, always been a fan of you right back when you got 3rd place at the NOC (I was 19 at the time, about when I got into BB'ing). Amazing to see what you have achieved, and managed to overcome some major health issues. A true Pro in this sport.

Will watch Darron's video on my morning break, sounds good. Keep up the good work.
    thanks a lot man i really appreciate that..take care..Don

Nobody

as always wish people luck,its a hard sport, but the training video was very weird, there wasnt any emphasis on the negative part of the movement, it was like what a begginer...

Quote Originally Posted by Natural BB View Post
    as always wish people luck,its a hard sport, but the training video was very weird, there wasnt any emphasis on the negative part of the movement, it was like what a begginer...
    :-/...really? dude

nice vid man man i hope he get his pro card...it is a JOURNEY...for sure

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast