Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Who is the strongest?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul Anderson

19 15.83%
  • H. Razazadeh

8 6.67%
  • Bill Kazmaier

40 33.33%
  • Mariusz Pudzianowski

53 44.17%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who is the Strongest man in history?

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead. View Post
    It probably would have been Louis Cyr if he didnt die so young
    Yeah his post death lifts were not too impressive, compared to the ones he made when alive.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead. View Post
    It probably would have been Louis Cyr if he didnt die so young
    I'll go with this one too.
    "To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems"

Quote Originally Posted by deke89 View Post
    My vote is for Mariusz, he was just to strong and athletic at the same time.
    Based on his best strongman conest performances I would say he is the best of all time.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Fuck yeah!

Glenn Ross, cuz he's the daddy!! and deadlifted over a thousand pounds without a belt

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by m87r View Post
    What exactly has Benny done in terms of olympic lifting?
    He is not an olympic lifter...just like most of the guys on the list, but he is still strong on lifts like the clean @ jerk. Remember, it is a "combination" of all 3 sports and the ONLY man who excells at all 3 is Misha. However, Benny has one of the highest powerlifting totals on the list, and is also one of the best strongmen, when it coms to "real" strongmen events....not pussy WSM endurance events.

This is why I said it is difficult to determine a winner unless we knew what events were being used for the strongman aspect of the competition. If the strongman comp involved bullshit endurance events using lighter weights (like WSM), then Mariusz would beat someone like Benny in the strongman aspect of the comp. However, if the strongman comp involved the events we see in the ASC...which BY FAR uses the heaviest weights and actually attempts to find out who is the "strongest" (NOT who has the best endurance)...Benny crushes Mariusz. Mariusz is not even close to the "strongest" of our strongmen...he is the best "athlete and has better endurance, which is why he does well at the WSM, but when it comes to brute strength, which is what this list is all about, then Mariusz does poorly in comparison to a guy like Benny. This is why Mariusz sucks ass at comps like the ASC strongman....and why he will NEVER do the ASC again...because he knows he is not even close to the "strongest". On the flip side, Benny does very well at the ASC for the simple fact that he is much stronger than Mariusz.

If this 3-sport competition was actually set up to see who was the "strongest" (as the OP implies), then Mariusz woud get destroyed by a guy like Benny....period. Most of the guys on this list are a one-trick pony and their lack of prowess in the other sports would cause them to lose. Benny does GREAT in both powerlifting and brute strength Strongman...and he is OK at Olympic lifting. This is why I think Benny would beat the other guys on this list....although Misha would defeat them all because he is the ONLY one who excells at all 3 at a high level.

Behemoth

Misha Koklyaev takes the win . Very well rounded in everything.

What about Donnie Thompson with a 2905 total. I didnt include him because he uses the suits, but he might be interesting in the mix. Or Anthony Clarke, the list could obviously be longer but I just put 4, causes more debate.

Strongman events I didnt include but assume its the basics like the stones, yoke, farmers walk, medley, backlift, airplane pull

I voted for Paul Anderson, because some of his lifts have still never been matched like the one arm press, backlift, His raw power is unbelievable. Kaz would be such a contender because of his mental fortitude and raw beast like power. There are other contenders like the ones spoken of but man it would be amazing to see, it could go in so many directions.
    Last edited by BDEGRD; June 29th, 2011 at 10:31 PM.

Zydrunas Savickas

Some say OD Wilson was in terms of brute strength the strongest WSM.

Then again I'd have to say myself because it's a feat of it's own just lifting my penis.
    "To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems"

Joe Greenstein
    Bill Kazmaier
    Louis Cyr
    Paul Anderson
    Jón Páll Sigmarsson-("There is no reason to be alive if you can't deadlift")
    Mariusz Pudzianowski
    Kirk Karwoski
    Zydrunas Savickas.

Keep in mind there are many different feats of strength(pushing,pulling,lifting,etc.)

Freak of Nature Lorenzo Marinčić's Avatar

I voted Kazmaier, cause he is the first strongman that I really admired...

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo Marinčić View Post
    I voted Kazmaier, cause he is the first strongman that I really admired...
    Kaz is my personal favorite when it comes to strongman, as well. Super-strong all around at his best.

Freak of Nature Lorenzo Marinčić's Avatar

magnus samuelson is one strong fuck...strong enough to break bones in arm wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post
    I don't see a Jason Genova option, are you sure you know what strong is?
    ))))))))
    @szabi.lovasz

Magnus Samuelson he was so young there,but already a beast
    @szabi.lovasz

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    He is not an olympic lifter...just like most of the guys on the list, but he is still strong on lifts like the clean @ jerk. Remember, it is a "combination" of all 3 sports and the ONLY man who excells at all 3 is Misha. However, Benny has one of the highest powerlifting totals on the list, and is also one of the best strongmen, when it coms to "real" strongmen events....not pussy WSM endurance events.

This is why I said it is difficult to determine a winner unless we knew what events were being used for the strongman aspect of the competition. If the strongman comp involved bullshit endurance events using lighter weights (like WSM), then Mariusz would beat someone like Benny in the strongman aspect of the comp. However, if the strongman comp involved the events we see in the ASC...which BY FAR uses the heaviest weights and actually attempts to find out who is the "strongest" (NOT who has the best endurance)...Benny crushes Mariusz. Mariusz is not even close to the "strongest" of our strongmen...he is the best "athlete and has better endurance, which is why he does well at the WSM, but when it comes to brute strength, which is what this list is all about, then Mariusz does poorly in comparison to a guy like Benny. This is why Mariusz sucks ass at comps like the ASC strongman....and why he will NEVER do the ASC again...because he knows he is not even close to the "strongest". On the flip side, Benny does very well at the ASC for the simple fact that he is much stronger than Mariusz.

If this 3-sport competition was actually set up to see who was the "strongest" (as the OP implies), then Mariusz woud get destroyed by a guy like Benny....period. Most of the guys on this list are a one-trick pony and their lack of prowess in the other sports would cause them to lose. Benny does GREAT in both powerlifting and brute strength Strongman...and he is OK at Olympic lifting. This is why I think Benny would beat the other guys on this list....although Misha would defeat them all because he is the ONLY one who excells at all 3 at a high level.
    Yes I only wondered why you wrote that Benny was good at olympis lifting. To my knowledge he hasn't ever competed in OL or done any impressive OL numbers in training. But I agree, overall Benny is one of the strongest men of alltime.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast