Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Training Journal Section CALL OUTS

I started as high as 239 lbs on 5/1/2011

I weighed in at 220 lbs yesterday morning (7/9/2011)

My ultimate goal is to get somewhere around 180, but
    my medium term goal is to be under 200 lbs before 9/15/2011
    while maintaining or gaining my current strength (continue beating my notebook)
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

My immediate goal is to hit 315 on bench press by the end of August. I have not maxed lately, but would guess I would be around the 250 to 275 range now. Best lift to this point was 305.

Before October 1st:

Bench 150kg (330 lbs) for 2 reps. [Current: 309 x 4]
    Front Squat 140kg (309 lbs) for 3 reps [Current: 270 x 3]

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Thursday 14th July I will deadlift 315 x 15.

you got it!

for me, squat 365 in 3 months...405 by years end. Gain as much weight as possible by years end

I've done over 100 swim meets in my life but ever since I stopped competing back in 2008 and switched to lifting I've been putting off doing any kind of competition. Between blowing out some disks and having to cut 20 pounds of fluff for the past few years my direction hasn't been too concrete. I just knew I wanted to get stronger and look better. I didn't know if I would do shot put, long jump, powerlifting, strongman, bodybuilding, rowing, boxing, or what. It's pretty clear to me now that, despite my disk injuries, I can do olympic-style weightlifting.

So I'm finally pulling the trigger and I'll be doing my first weightlifting meet July 30th. I haven't really sat down and talked my attempts over with the other oly lifters at my gym but as of right now my planned attempts are...

(1) Snatch 75kg (165ish)
    (2) Snatch 80kg (175ish)
    (3) Snatch 85kg (185ish)

(1) Clean & Jerk 105kg (230ish)
    (2) Clean & Jerk 110kg (242ish)
    (3) Clean & Jerk 115kg (253ish)

Best case scenario I would get a 200kg total for my first meet. I will compete in the 94kg class (207ish). I'm only about 195 but I'm not gonna cut down to the 85kg/187lb class. My primary goal is just not to bomb out of this meet, to get into the habit of doing meets when I can, and cracking more into the weightlifting culture in North Carolina so I can get to know more lifters.

Quote Originally Posted by PTarleton View Post
    I've done over 100 swim meets in my life but ever since I stopped competing back in 2008 and switched to lifting I've been putting off doing any kind of competition. Between blowing out some disks and having to cut 20 pounds of fluff for the past few years my direction hasn't been too concrete. I just knew I wanted to get stronger and look better. I didn't know if I would do shot put, long jump, powerlifting, strongman, bodybuilding, rowing, boxing, or what. It's pretty clear to me now that, despite my disk injuries, I can do olympic-style weightlifting.

So I'm finally pulling the trigger and I'll be doing my first weightlifting meet July 30th. I haven't really sat down and talked my attempts over with the other oly lifters at my gym but as of right now my planned attempts are...

(1) Snatch 75kg (165ish)
    (2) Snatch 80kg (175ish)
    (3) Snatch 85kg (185ish)

(1) Clean & Jerk 105kg (230ish)
    (2) Clean & Jerk 110kg (242ish)
    (3) Clean & Jerk 115kg (253ish)

Best case scenario I would get a 200kg total for my first meet. I will compete in the 94kg class (207ish). I'm only about 195 but I'm not gonna cut down to the 85kg/187lb class. My primary goal is just not to bomb out of this meet, to get into the habit of doing meets when I can, and cracking more into the weightlifting culture in North Carolina so I can get to know more lifters.
    Cool to see an Oly lifter on here. Good luck with your goals. Are you looking to try to make the totals for the American Open in the next year or 2?
    Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherIron View Post
    Cool to see an Oly lifter on here. Good luck with your goals. Are you looking to try to make the totals for the American Open in the next year or 2?
    Dude I don't know but I'd love to take this as far as I can. I looked at the qualifying totals for nationals and they're way above where I am - and it looks like the 94kg class is very competitive. Strength wise alone I figure I'll have to be Benching 405, Front Squatting 455, and Squatting over 500 just to have the power to move the kinds of weights in the Snatch and C&J that can get me that total. I'll go as hard as my lifestyle will permit me but I won't be able to gain that kind of raw strength in just a year or 2.

On October 22nd and 29th I will compete in my first competitions, I want to be the best me possible.
    I don't have size going for me at this stage but my posing and conditioning will be on point.

I want to be doing BW pullups for reps by the time it gets to my competition too.

I want to continue to build on what I have but also recognize that building muscle takes time and I need to be patient.

I will trust the process!!
    Do it now because sometimes later becomes never.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlene View Post
    On October 22nd and 29th I will compete in my first competitions, I want to be the best me possible.
    I don't have size going for me at this stage but my posing and conditioning will be on point.

I want to be doing BW pullups for reps by the time it gets to my competition too.

I want to continue to build on what I have but also recognize that building muscle takes time and I need to be patient.

I will trust the process!!
    Fitness, Figure, what kind of competition?

Sorry. I will be competing in figure.
    Do it now because sometimes later becomes never.

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    I want to:
    Win BvP7.
    Time frame... tomorrow.
    I'll let ya know! LOL

Second goal:
    Have decent abs for my cruise 9-10-11
    Sounds simple but I've never really been that lean.
    See that, I was the first to fail a goal. Pressure is off you guys now
    Hopefully I can handle the second goal in 10 weeks...
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Quote Originally Posted by PTarleton View Post
    Dude I don't know but I'd love to take this as far as I can. I looked at the qualifying totals for nationals and they're way above where I am - and it looks like the 94kg class is very competitive. Strength wise alone I figure I'll have to be Benching 405, Front Squatting 455, and Squatting over 500 just to have the power to move the kinds of weights in the Snatch and C&J that can get me that total. I'll go as hard as my lifestyle will permit me but I won't be able to gain that kind of raw strength in just a year or 2.
    Not bench. Benching will draw your shoulders forward and make it harder for you to snatch and perform the jerk in the clean & jerk. You will want to be push pressing a good amount though. If you're serious you'll base your training around increasing the 2 lifts.

I forgot you mentioned you have disk injuries. That will def hamper your gains in this sport. Many lifters were forced to retire early b/c of that very injury like Cheryl Hayworth.

Just be patient and give it your all and who knows where you'll end up. At a 94kg you need what?.... a 270kg total. That's a 120kg Snatch and a 150kg C&J.
    Last edited by BrotherIron; July 11th, 2011 at 03:38 PM.

Bench 405 x 1 next Monday 7/18.

Quote Originally Posted by SVT03DAL View Post
    Be sure to take a vid of it so you can post it here.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    See that, I was the first to fail a goal. Pressure is off you guys now
    Hopefully I can handle the second goal in 10 weeks...
    Bummer man, haven't checked out your journal in a couple of days. Will head there shortly. Head up and back into training Joe, don't dwell on that shit for too long. Just use it as motivation. So what's your goal for 10wks time?..

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by SVT03DAL View Post
    CONFIDENCE + VIDEO = RESULT !!

You got that man.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast