Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 154

Thread: Training Journal Section CALL OUTS

  1. #103
    Bro Scientist Austin_Bicep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,230
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Pussies

  2. #104
    Forum Legend TheKillerOfSaints's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    22,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift View Post
    Cheers for the comments haha. I'm solo for now but I like someone there (that knows how I lift) for the heavy squat & bench days. DL's I prefer to do on my TBH.
    watch the vid where austin benches like 400 solo.....you cant depend on anyone but yourself
    rack
    smith
    machines
    dbs
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

  3. #105
    Bro Scientist Austin_Bicep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,230
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    The rack is one of your best partners if you use it...has kept me a live quite a few times squatting, benching and military pressing...you dont have to be afraid of failing.

    Sad that in 2 days I am moving out and wont be able to use it until winter.

  4. #106
    Freak of Nature D-NUTZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    13,329
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Heading home tomorrow for the holiday. Will post my visible abs sunday! They are there...kinda.

  5. #107
    Mini Forklift Ⓥ
    Guest

    Default

    Have been using the Smith a little lately, the one thing I like on the one at our gym is that the bar is thicker than a standard olmpic bar. Just feels better.

    I hope KOS can finally stop saying 'you weigh 140' when I hit 155lb next month. That would be like an early Xmas present lol

  6. #108
    Forum Legend TheKillerOfSaints's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    22,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift View Post
    Have been using the Smith a little lately, the one thing I like on the one at our gym is that the bar is thicker than a standard olmpic bar. Just feels better.

    I hope KOS can finally stop saying 'you weigh 140' when I hit 155lb next month. That would be like an early Xmas present lol


    there i go having a positive influence on peoples lives again
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

  7. #109
    Mini Forklift Ⓥ
    Guest

    Default

    So I already have a goal of hitting 155lb by end of October.

    Also want to get the 100's up for 6 reps by end of October, flat dumbbell chest press.

  8. #110
    Iron Addict BrotherIron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Adrenaline Alley
    Posts
    2,806
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Getting closer to hitting my oly back squat goal of 500lbs. Today I hit 485lbs for a easy single. I hit my goal today of front squatting 400lbs+ with a 185kg (407lbs) oly front squat.
    Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

  9. #111
    Mini Forklift Ⓥ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift View Post
    So I already have a goal of hitting 155lb by end of October.

    Also want to get the 100's up for 6 reps by end of October, flat dumbbell chest press.
    Might have to scrap those goals now I just signed up for a meet on Dec 3rd.

    I'm shooting for a 420kg total and to win my weight class.

  10. #112
    Mini Forklift Ⓥ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherIron View Post
    Getting closer to hitting my oly back squat goal of 500lbs. Today I hit 485lbs for a easy single. I hit my goal today of front squatting 400lbs+ with a 185kg (407lbs) oly front squat.
    How is your bar placement for 1RM squats, high or low? I've been told to add some muscle to my rhomboids and move the bar further down my back. Good idea?

  11. #113
    Iron Addict BrotherIron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Adrenaline Alley
    Posts
    2,806
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift View Post
    How is your bar placement for 1RM squats, high or low? I've been told to add some muscle to my rhomboids and move the bar further down my back. Good idea?
    I front and back squat Olympic style so it's ALWAYS high bar, narrow stance (shoulder width or closer), and hams to calves. I'm not a fan of PLing style of squatting.

    Low bar, wide stance, squatting to parallel allows you to lift more b/c you recruit more muscles into the lift and it shortens the ROM that the bar travels. Imho though in the long term it will lead to injuries.

    So as to it being a good idea, that comes down to your personal choice. It will let you lift more but in the long run I believe it will lead to issues.
    Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

  12. #114
    Mini Forklift Ⓥ
    Guest

    Default

    Thanks. I'm a narrow stance squatter like you; I don't have the flexibility through the hips to hit the depth when I go wide.

  13. #115
    Mass Monster Billy Blackwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    100's x 4-5 reps by December is my new goal for the dumbbell shoulder press. Never tried to take my shoulder strength to the limits so as long as they are pain free then I'll do my best

  14. #116
    Mini Forklift Ⓥ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
    100's x 4-5 reps by December is my new goal for the dumbbell shoulder press. Never tried to take my shoulder strength to the limits so as long as they are pain free then I'll do my best
    Pretty hardcore bro.

  15. #117
    Mass Monster Billy Blackwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    85's x 8 today on dumbbell shoulder press...I guess goal is closer than I thought. I never really did this exercise much so I know i'll make quick gains just because of technique and such

  16. #118
    Iron Addict BrotherIron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Adrenaline Alley
    Posts
    2,806
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Here ya go. Here's my goals I made originally this year (500lbs Back Squat & 400lbs Front Squat). I beat both of these goals and I'm shooting for more PR's before the year is over.

    Last edited by BrotherIron; October 27th, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

  17. #119
    Mini Forklift Ⓥ
    Guest

    Default

    Good stuff my man, great liftng. When are you looking at competing next year?

    My goal for tonight is to hit 315 x 2 on parallel box squats (no knee wraps from now on until the meet), will film it and post it up later.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •