Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Training Journal Section CALL OUTS

Pussies

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift View Post
    Cheers for the comments haha. I'm solo for now but I like someone there (that knows how I lift) for the heavy squat & bench days. DL's I prefer to do on my TBH.
    watch the vid where austin benches like 400 solo.....you cant depend on anyone but yourself
    rack
    smith
    machines
    dbs
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

The rack is one of your best partners if you use it...has kept me a live quite a few times squatting, benching and military pressing...you dont have to be afraid of failing.

Sad that in 2 days I am moving out and wont be able to use it until winter.

Heading home tomorrow for the holiday. Will post my visible abs sunday! They are there...kinda.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Have been using the Smith a little lately, the one thing I like on the one at our gym is that the bar is thicker than a standard olmpic bar. Just feels better.

I hope KOS can finally stop saying 'you weigh 140' when I hit 155lb next month. That would be like an early Xmas present lol

Have been using the Smith a little lately, the one thing I like on the one at our gym is that the bar is thicker than a standard olmpic bar. Just feels better.

I hope KOS can finally stop saying 'you weigh 140' when I hit 155lb next month. That would be like an early Xmas present lol

there i go having a positive influence on peoples lives again
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

So I already have a goal of hitting 155lb by end of October.

Also want to get the 100's up for 6 reps by end of October, flat dumbbell chest press.

Getting closer to hitting my oly back squat goal of 500lbs. Today I hit 485lbs for a easy single. I hit my goal today of front squatting 400lbs+ with a 185kg (407lbs) oly front squat.
    Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

So I already have a goal of hitting 155lb by end of October.

Also want to get the 100's up for 6 reps by end of October, flat dumbbell chest press.
    Might have to scrap those goals now I just signed up for a meet on Dec 3rd.

I'm shooting for a 420kg total and to win my weight class.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherIron View Post
    Getting closer to hitting my oly back squat goal of 500lbs. Today I hit 485lbs for a easy single. I hit my goal today of front squatting 400lbs+ with a 185kg (407lbs) oly front squat.
    How is your bar placement for 1RM squats, high or low? I've been told to add some muscle to my rhomboids and move the bar further down my back. Good idea?

How is your bar placement for 1RM squats, high or low? I've been told to add some muscle to my rhomboids and move the bar further down my back. Good idea?
    I front and back squat Olympic style so it's ALWAYS high bar, narrow stance (shoulder width or closer), and hams to calves. I'm not a fan of PLing style of squatting.

Low bar, wide stance, squatting to parallel allows you to lift more b/c you recruit more muscles into the lift and it shortens the ROM that the bar travels. Imho though in the long term it will lead to injuries.

So as to it being a good idea, that comes down to your personal choice. It will let you lift more but in the long run I believe it will lead to issues.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Thanks. I'm a narrow stance squatter like you; I don't have the flexibility through the hips to hit the depth when I go wide.

100's x 4-5 reps by December is my new goal for the dumbbell shoulder press. Never tried to take my shoulder strength to the limits so as long as they are pain free then I'll do my best

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
    100's x 4-5 reps by December is my new goal for the dumbbell shoulder press. Never tried to take my shoulder strength to the limits so as long as they are pain free then I'll do my best
    Pretty hardcore bro.

85's x 8 today on dumbbell shoulder press...I guess goal is closer than I thought. I never really did this exercise much so I know i'll make quick gains just because of technique and such

Here ya go. Here's my goals I made originally this year (500lbs Back Squat & 400lbs Front Squat). I beat both of these goals and I'm shooting for more PR's before the year is over.

Last edited by BrotherIron; October 27th, 2011 at 11:06 AM.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Good stuff my man, great liftng. When are you looking at competing next year?

My goal for tonight is to hit 315 x 2 on parallel box squats (no knee wraps from now on until the meet), will film it and post it up later.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast