Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Training Journal Section CALL OUTS

Quote Originally Posted by bigbenj View Post
    Physique-wise: get crazy ripped, then go on semi-clean bulk. Oh, and stop neglecting my legs lol
    Lift-wise: Get into the 4's on bench, and pull 3x BW(or hopefully somewhere close). Need to work on sucking down in weight, and keep working on deads.
    Whatcha weighing in at BigBenj?
    Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

My goals are to pull 635lbs conventional, back squat 585lbs w/ wraps, and bench 385lbs.

Banned

190. I'm going on a cut right now. Hope to get down to 175. That puts me at 525 for 3x. Not sure where this cut will land me, considering the compounds I'm using, so I cant say where I will land at the end. 3x BW is a pretty loft goal, so I'll have to see where I am in the next 5-6 weeks.

I pulled 465 for 3 yesterday, while still trying to work on form, so I dont think 500 is far off. I have a video of it in my log, if you want to see what I'm working with.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherIron View Post
    My goals are to pull 635lbs conventional, back squat 585lbs w/ wraps, and bench 385lbs.
    whats your weight at? Putting 585 in the ground would be badass.

Goals are to increase all my lifts.

Physique. Bigger leaner.

Very broad. But I'm done putting caps on progress and also picking goals that probably won't be reached for a while (gets depressing chasing long term goals at times, stick with short baby steps).

And to not like Benj beat me on any exercise this year

Banned

you s.o.b!!! haha

whats your weight at? Putting 585 in the ground would be badass.
    I'm 290lbs @ 6'2. I hit a 530lbs Oly back squat last Dec. Now that I'm PLing completely I'll be widening my stance and that alone will help me squat more. Add wraps to that and things should really take off. I'll be wearing the wraps during my bonus singles in my program. All other squats are with nothing or a single ply sleeve.

I need to pull 675lbs, squat 615'ish, and bench in the low to mid 4's. That'll get me an Elite Raw total and that's my long term goal.
    Last edited by BrotherIron; February 6th, 2012 at 03:25 PM.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

I have a Bench/DL meet on February 24th. Aiming for B 236.5 / D 429.

No weight classes and Wilkes' formula. I'd like to think I could place top 3

Quote Originally Posted by Austin_Bicep View Post
    Goals are to increase all my lifts.

Physique. Bigger leaner.

Very broad. But I'm done putting caps on progress and also picking goals that probably won't be reached for a while (gets depressing chasing long term goals at times, stick with short baby steps).
    Nothing wrong with long term goals (more than a year off). You just set short term ones which get you one step closer to that long term one.

Banned

Nice. 429 put you just under 3x bw, right?

Nothing wrong with long term goals (more than a year off). You just set short term ones which get you one step closer to that long term one.
    Yeah my long term goals are just so big...I like thinking about that extra rep I'll pump out by next month or 5 extra pounds here and there...seems much more reasonable to stay motivated....but I agree nothing wrong with having some high expectations and serious long term goals.

Banned

I'm 290lbs @ 6'2. I hit a 530lbs Oly back squat last Dec. Now that I'm PLing completely I'll be widening my stance and that alone will help me squat more. Add wraps to that and things should really take off. I'll be wearing the wraps during my bonus singles in my program. All other squats are with nothing or a single ply sleeve.

I need to pull 675lbs, squat 615'ish, and bench in the low to mid 4's. That'll get me an Elite Raw total and that's my long term goal.
    Elite? God damn!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Nice. 429 put you just under 3x bw, right?
    Yeah, 435 is 3xbw for me.

Goal has always been to pull 440 in the Canterbury Champs mid April.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by Austin_Bicep View Post
    Yeah my long term goals are just so big...I like thinking about that extra rep I'll pump out by next month or 5 extra pounds here and there...seems much more reasonable to stay motivated....but I agree nothing wrong with having some high expectations and serious long term goals.
    They might seem big now but it's cool how the size of the goals decrease as you work your way towards them

Agreed, x2.

Big lifts, great goals. You will get them.

190. I'm going on a cut right now. Hope to get down to 175. That puts me at 525 for 3x. Not sure where this cut will land me, considering the compounds I'm using, so I cant say where I will land at the end. 3x BW is a pretty loft goal, so I'll have to see where I am in the next 5-6 weeks.

I pulled 465 for 3 yesterday, while still trying to work on form, so I dont think 500 is far off. I have a video of it in my log, if you want to see what I'm working with.
    Will check out the video, good lifting bro! 3xbw is huge, especially for you bigger guys.

going to attempt to squat 405 for more then 30 reps today then see what I can do with 315
    "When I am lifting that is my place where I am in control where I don't have to worry about anyone or anything, the only place where I can be me"-ME

Quote Originally Posted by bigmanb View Post
    going to attempt to squat 405 for more then 30 reps today then see what I can do with 315
    Grab the video camera for that dude!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast