Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Joe Tong Trains Chest Eleven Days Out from 2011 Masters Nationals

Default Joe Tong Trains Chest Eleven Days Out from 2011 Masters Nationals

Bodybuilder Joe Tong trains chest eleven days out from Masters Nationals at Gold's Gym in Venice Beach, California

Joe looks competitive & I hope he does well at the show. The Teen, Collegiate & Masters Nationals is highly competitive, & is the best promoted national show in the NPC IMHO. This year Gary Udit has split the women & men into two days to enhance pacing. Women Friday, men Saturday. This show has a different vibe than other national NPC shows. It's worth a trip to Pittsburgh to attend. Many masters competitors come back every year, including Californians. There's a great sense of comraderie there, & people are supportive of each other. That's what a little maturity will do for you.

Great show. Smart move to split it up. It was getting too long on Sat.

Hi Joe,

Seem like a nice guy and I'm a fan. Couple of questions:

Training a body part once per week - Is that enough if you're natural?

Thanks and good luck.

Hey joe looking good, good luck on your show.

GREAT TO C GOOD TRAINING FORM AND STYLE JON. WOW 500 TO 700 CARBS A DAY, WOULD THAT B EVERY DAY OR DID U CYCLE ? ALL THOSE THE CALLS TO WALES, DONT ENVY YR PHONE BILL. HOPE TO C MORE OF U ON MD .ALL THE BEST FOR THE WEEKEND

I really enjoyed his interview Mad Max6 did on here last week, watched it all and really liked it...
    MD Global Muscle Radio ep.33- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AVNidi4o_x0

joe is looking very sharp. good luck man

Good luck Joe!

Met Joe for the first time at this years Master's. What a great guy! He has had his share of adversities to over come as well.
    Looks very good! Was nice to meet someone who can appreciate what it takes to over come a serious illness/ set back and CONTINUE on his journey in hope of fulfilling a dream. Nobody said it would be easy, but as Joe and I discussed body builders & body building would be SO much better off and healthier if ALL of us got our blood tested every 3 months off season and every month pre-contest. I'm a fan Joe,. Keep plugging away bro!

Brian Smith... thank you to MD and to all the emails i received supporting my decision to continue body building after mmy kidney transplant. For the record, my decision to do so is my decision. One i take very seriously. And to the people who feel strongly about me not competing any more because of the transplant, I respect your opinion. But it is "ONLY" your opinion. But it's my life to do what I choose with. I don't feel i should be put down for continuing to do something I love and have been for almost 28 years now. THE WORD RESPECT COMES TO MIND GENTLEMAN.. DON'T JUDGE ME UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES.

Brian Smith

Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    Joe looks competitive & I hope he does well at the show. The Teen, Collegiate & Masters Nationals is highly competitive, Many masters competitors come back every year, including Californians. There's a great sense of comraderie there, & people are supportive of each other. That's what a little maturity will do for you.
    Joe is very competitive, he placed 3rd at this show back in 2008, and he his from Cali