Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

The Anabolic Doc

Thread: Danazol (Danocrine)

Default Danazol (Danocrine)

hi doc

Danocrine info available in medical prontuary of my country is that it is able to suppresses the hypothalamic-pituitary axis by inhibiting pituitary gonadotropins; androgenic activity combines with the anti-estrogenic activity and antiprogestagénic, it have androgenic effects including acne, oily skin, edema, and hirsutism, and can be used in Endometriosis, fibrocystic breast disease or cystic fibrosis of the breast and gynecomastia.

like i said in a previous post, i have progesterone problems (high levels)
    and i think to use mifepristone as anti progestin, but because it's very dificult to acess this med, instead i was wondering to use Danazol (Danocrine) to lower progesterone levels.
    I know it is a gonadotrophin antagonist and it will lower my testosterone too but i was wondering to use it togheter with 125mg of Test Enth/week.
    I know you can not advice some one with out full clinical info but let's say in theory could a bodybuilder with high progesterone levels and prolactin and low test, use a protocol like this:

Test Enth: 125mg/week to raise Test because Danocrine will lower it
    Danocrine: 100 minimum or 400mg maximum/day to lower Progesterone
    Cabergoline: 0,25 minim. or 0,5mg max.every 4th day to lower Prolactin
    (in my case estradiol is fine but maybe add Tamoxifen: 20mg/day just to be sure that it will help to lower PR and PrL)

Quote Originally Posted by EXTRALARGE View Post
    hi doc

Danocrine info available in medical prontuary of my country is that it is able to suppresses the hypothalamic-pituitary axis by inhibiting pituitary gonadotropins; androgenic activity combines with the anti-estrogenic activity and antiprogestagénic, it have androgenic effects including acne, oily skin, edema, and hirsutism, and can be used in Endometriosis, fibrocystic breast disease or cystic fibrosis of the breast and gynecomastia.

very interesting and beyound the scope of what I do.

Again, I have enough to do with real heart and kidney disease.... to keep me going 24/7!! and real HRT for men. I keep my HRT regimen simple and balance blood pressure, lipids, E2 and some times DHT.. in the long run, we dont know how all this "extra" gear and therapy will effect us???

Thanks for your very interesting post... keep us in the loop on what you do..

Dr O

like i said in a previous post, i have progesterone problems (high levels)
    and i think to use mifepristone as anti progestin, but because it's very dificult to acess this med, instead i was wondering to use Danazol (Danocrine) to lower progesterone levels.
    I know it is a gonadotrophin antagonist and it will lower my testosterone too but i was wondering to use it togheter with 125mg of Test Enth/week.
    I know you can not advice some one with out full clinical info but let's say in theory could a bodybuilder with high progesterone levels and prolactin and low test, use a protocol like this:

Test Enth: 125mg/week to raise Test because Danocrine will lower it
    Danocrine: 100 minimum or 400mg maximum/day to lower Progesterone
    Cabergoline: 0,25 minim. or 0,5mg max.every 4th day to lower Prolactin
    (in my case estradiol is fine but maybe add Tamoxifen: 20mg/day just to be sure that it will help to lower PR and PrL)

Again, I have enough to do with real heart and kidney disease.... to keep me going 24/7!! and real HRT for men. I keep my HRT regimen simple and balance blood pressure, lipids, E2 and some times DHT.. in the long run, we dont know how all this "extra" gear and therapy will effect us???

Dr O
    Stay Strong and Healthy,

Dr O

http://www.metabolicdoc.com

Quote Originally Posted by anabolic doc View Post

Dr O
    i'll do that.

But do you have any opnion related to this Protocol?
    I know it's not your area, but as a Dr. What to you think of use of Danocrine to lower Progesterone in man's?

Thanks

Nobody

Not sure your right on the Danazol lowering your testosterone. It may suppress natural production at high levels but Danazol is an anabolic steroid. Not only that but it is supposed to have simular effects to proviron according to my HRT dr who prescribes it to me(also according to my research). Proviron as you know is supposed to increase you free test levels. I am taking Danazol with test.

Danazol is a progestagen with high affinity for sex steroid-binding protein (SBP); when given in high dosages in normal males, it increased rapidly the dialyzable fraction (percent protein unbound or free fraction) of T

Also right from wiki

Danazol inhibits ovarian steroidogenesis resulting in decreased secretion of estradiol and may increase androgens. Danazol displaces testosterone from sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), displacing it and increasing serum testosterone levels.[4] Danazol also directly stimulates androgen and progesterone receptors.[4]

It is also used to treat gyno

Comparison of tamoxifen with danazol in the management of idiopathic gynecomastia.

Ting AC, Chow LW, Leung YF.
    Source

Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam.

Abstract

Idiopathic gynecomastia, unilateral or bilateral, is a common physical finding in normal men. Successful treatment using tamoxifen (antiestrogen) and danazol (antiandrogen) has recently been reported. We compared the efficacy of tamoxifen and danazol in the treatment of idiopathic gynecomastia. We reviewed the clinical records of patients with idiopathic gynecomastia presenting to the Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong, between August 1990 and September 1995. Medical treatment with either tamoxifen (20 mg/d) or danazol (400 mg/d) was offered and continued until a static response was achieved. The treatment response was compared. Sixty-eight patients with idiopathic gynecomastia were seen in the Breast Clinic. The median age was 39.5 years (range, 13-82), with a median duration of symptoms of 3 months (range, 1-90). The median size was 3 cm (range, 1-7). Twenty-three patients were treated with tamoxifen and 20 with danazol. Complete resolution of the gynecomastia was recorded in 18 patients (78.2%) treated with tamoxifen, whereas only 8 patients (40%) in the danazol group had complete resolution. Five patients, all from the tamoxifen group, developed recurrence of breast mass. In conclusion, hormonal manipulation is effective in the treatment of patients with idiopathic gynecomastia. Although the effect is more marked for tamoxifen compared with danazol, the relapse rate is higher for tamoxifen. Further prospective randomized studies would be useful in defining the role of these drugs in the management of patients with idiopathic gynecomastia.

Nobody

Basically in summary Danazol is the bomb