Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Smith Preps for Battle in the stacked heavyweight class at the 2011 Masters Nationals

Default Brian Smith Preps for Battle in the stacked heavyweight class at the 2011 Masters Nationals

The last time Brian Smith took first place was in 1989 when he won the heavyweight class at the Junior Nationals. Saturday he is hoping to take home the heavyweight win in Pittsburgh - with guru George Farah's guidance. In 2007 Smith took second in this contest, but since then, he has had to deal the setback of a kidney transplant. Now he is up against other heavy hitting heavyweights such as Rodney Roller, Chris Costa and Lance Johnson. Who will prevail? This should be the hottest class battle of the night!

this guy is awesome. hope to be where hes at when im in my 40's

The kidney transplant should have been a wake up call to quit bodybuilding, hope he understands what he's doing to himself...

yeah but maybe hes doing bodybuilding at an intensity much lower then he did before the transplant...maybe he lifted a whole lot heavier back in the day and now its alot lighter... its just hard for someone to quit something after they have been doing it for most of there lives

Quote Originally Posted by muscleten View Post
    yeah but maybe hes doing bodybuilding at an intensity much lower then he did before the transplant...maybe he lifted a whole lot heavier back in the day and now its alot lighter... its just hard for someone to quit something after they have been doing it for most of there lives
    lol it has nothing to do with the weight lifting...

Ah, yeah, weightlifting has been known to tax the kidneys...he shouldn't lighten the weak.

Seriously folks, how sad that a young guy has lost a kidney. It is one of the most serious operation somewhere along the lines of Brain surgery and heart transplants. And then to wake up and put the poison in your body...Kevin Levrone said it best, lucky to have gotten out alive although who know, he may end up with problems soon enough. That said, he wouldn't go back to the drip...Natural baby. Natural is the way to go.

Wow what an amazing come back with all the bad stuff that happen you look great man keep it up and good luck on your show.

The kidney transplant took place back in '90 or so. His brother Steve gave him one of his. Unless he had another one. ( can they even do that? twice?) Besides that, hope Brian wins, hes one of the best BBRS i've ever known personally. Damn Smitty's know how how to get ready for a show, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by themakcompany View Post
    Ah, yeah, weightlifting has been known to tax the kidneys...he shouldn't lighten the weak.

Seriously folks, how sad that a young guy has lost a kidney. It is one of the most serious operation somewhere along the lines of Brain surgery and heart transplants. And then to wake up and put the poison in your body...Kevin Levrone said it best, lucky to have gotten out alive although who know, he may end up with problems soon enough. That said, he wouldn't go back to the drip...Natural baby. Natural is the way to go.
    Shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by alpmaster View Post
    The kidney transplant should have been a wake up call to quit bodybuilding, hope he understands what he's doing to himself...
    I feel ya on the wake up call, but Brian is pretty sharp, I think he knows exactly what hes doing. Don't assume the worst. Like I said before the kidney came out back in the eearly '90s. That was quite a while ago.

Why grill the guy about needing to "quit bodybuilding," when he says he gets his blood work done regularly.... I'm sure he understands and is cautious about what he's doing, and that's why he's so regular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Sick arms! Great physique. It's cool to see videos of the more seasoned guys sticking with it. Inspiring.

the other day i was lifting heavy and my kidney fell out so i put it in my pocket and kept lifting, is that ok?
    I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Quote Originally Posted by themakcompany View Post

with respect towards your opinion im sure you know its a personal choice to go through what he chose to after that surgery. i cant speak for the guy but its ok to take performing enhancing drugs as long as your "A-ok" so to speak....but if i were him i would think of it hard and long...but hey atleast hes doing his check ups every 3 months like he says right guys???

Quote Originally Posted by HangingLegRaise View Post
    Why grill the guy about needing to "quit bodybuilding," when he says he gets his blood work done regularly.... I'm sure he understands and is cautious about what he's doing, and that's why he's so regular.
    if you read my most recent comment in this thread im totally with you that yeah its risky but if hes doing his check ups regularly like every 3 months as he talks about then im sure there minimum damage at the very worst.....hes just doingthebest he can to staying healthy while doing what he really loves to do

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Shut the fuck up.
    lol^^ yeah bro agreed, if you read my most recents comments on this thread youll hear what i had to say about that

Well I lost a kidney to cancer was born with a Wilms tumour and did'nt know till I started pissing blod at 40,2 years ago and more power to him for doing what he is able to. I know how hard it is managing protein,creatine levels as I also have blood tests ,but every month. I am 42 and only been back training 10 months after 2 years off as I will so ill,had surgery and 6 months of chemo.

Hardest thing has been legs,squatting weight now back up to 220lbs for 6 reps but my abdominals are still nowhere near as strong as they were.

2 May 25.jpgPlus his surgeon did a fantastic job,must have been laproscopic ,mine was an open nephrectomy and is a mess compared to him.

Wish him the best of luck!

1 May 25.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast