Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 NPC Masters Nationals Bodybuilding RESULTS

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Contest prep does beat the shit out of your immune system - getting sick at the end happens quite a bit.
    Everyone "gets sick" when they've fucked up the diuretic protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by alpmaster View Post
    never heard any pro or top amateur admit when they fuck up their prep...it s always a food virus,or a bug,or some other shit outside of their control that lead to them looking off onstage. Not that that was the case with Rodney as i dont have all the details, but it s really strange that noone ever admits when they just plain fuck up
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

This year comp was much harder. Look at how Stoli placed and James judge in the SHW who usually get 2nd and he was 7th

I was prepared to write my thoughts on claiming sickness as a reason for being off. I wanted to say that if you didn't declare you were sick in the days up to and the day of competition , you shouldn't bring it up after a loss.

However Rodney didn't do this . He said "he didn't have any movement for three days." To me Rodney got punched in the mouth and lost fair and square. I believe his post competition interview reflected that.

I respect him for not excusing his loss to sickness.

Props brutha.
    SPONSOR-United-Muscle, MOD-Bodybuilding Dungeon + Meatheadz

Rodney, don't be disappointed. This is what happened to Lance Johnson in 2009. After coming in first in his class at the Masters Nationals in 2004 (at a time there was just one pro card, so he couldn't get the 2nd), he was narrowly edged to 2nd place in 2005. A 2nd pro card was approved later that year & awarded retrospectively to the light-heavyweight winner who beat him. He stopped doing the Masters Nationals & shifted to the North Americans & Nationals. He finally came back to the Masters Nationals in 2009 & placed 7th in the over-40 light-heavies. It was a rough comedown. He didn't compete last year, but since he turned 50 he decided to give the Masters Nationals one more shot in that division. He said in an interview that he considered himself 52 weeks out as of last year's show. He did everything he could, & everything was enough this year. Hang in there. You will go pro.

Quote Originally Posted by alpmaster View Post
    this is what i was gonna say...LOL

but never the less im a roller fan and i hope he nails it next time!
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeguard102 View Post
    I was prepared to write my thoughts on claiming sickness as a reason for being off. I wanted to say that if you didn't declare you were sick in the days up to and the day of competition , you shouldn't bring it up after a loss.

However Rodney didn't do this . He said "he didn't have any movement for three days." To me Rodney got punched in the mouth and lost fair and square. I believe his post competition interview reflected that.

I respect him for not excusing his loss to sickness.

Props brutha.
    this is dead on
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12